Treon Harris to start Saturday

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like it, at least if you judge by the consensus among those who follow Gator football closest. Goldkamp, Nick De La Torre, Zach among others tweeting that it appears Treon is the man. @NickdelaTorreGC: "Treon took all the first team reps again today." Either it's a helluva head fake by Mac while the media is watching, or Treon is the guy. If true, you have to tip your cap to Treon. He'll have beaten Grier out last year and this year, under different coaching staffs.

Regardless, we already know they both will play Saturday. Another interesting observation by Zach: "first watched Kelvin Taylor in HS as a Senior and this is the quickest I've seen him, looks to have lost a few pounds, really running well."

Attachments

• conv_4309.jpg
    conv_4309.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 44

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The media gets to see 15 minutes of practice and Mac controls what they see... it could definitely be a head fake since they all have been reporting that Grier is far ahead.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Just window dressing...

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Wait, 15 min is what this is based off of. The media is such a joke. It's most likely Treon has been struggling this fall (played mostly with the 2s in the scrimmages) that he needed the extra work while the media was watching

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Head fake for the worst team in college football?

Why? I'd rather get the best guy ready for the SEC.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
How do you know Grier hadn't taken 2 hours (exaggeration) of first team reps then Treon came in, just happened to be when the media was allowed to watch.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe he is pulling a Muschamp, start Harris for the first series, and the rest of the game with Grier....... who knows, who cares, until there is a starter officially named.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Goldkamp & Crucial? Hahaha. I'd bet the other way.....

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

Jand3k

I Don't Re Member
Sep 12, 2014
TheDouglas78;n269988 said:
Maybe he is pulling a Muschamp, start Harris for the first series, and the rest of the game with Grier....... who knows, who cares, until there is a starter officially named.

This. :exactly:

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If this was Grier to start Saturday everyone would be saying we should just move on from treon. Lol

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
LeeForThree;n269976 said:
Wait, 15 min is what this is based off of. The media is such a joke. It's most likely Treon has been struggling this fall (played mostly with the 2s in the scrimmages) that he needed the extra work while the media was watching

It's based off the entire starting o-line, WR's and Kelvin Taylor and Jake McGee lined up on the field running through drills, with Treon leading them. This has been the case two days in a row at the start of practice during game week. Could mean nothing, but seems to be an indicator of where Mac may be leaning.

If Treon is the starter I think it's at least a mild upset based off what we've been reading and hearing most of camp.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
The Original DC;270009 said:
It's based off the entire starting o-line, WR's and Kelvin Taylor and Jake McGee lined up on the field running through drills, with Treon leading them. This has been the case two days in a row at the start of practice during game week. Could mean nothing, but seems to be an indicator of where Mac may be leaning.

If Treon is the starter I think it's at least a mild upset based off what we've been reading and hearing most of camp.

Wow the first 5% of practice is all that matters apparently

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This can't be happening right now!

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n270013 said:
This can't be happening right now!

T don't worry, its' all a cover-up, to hide Treon's skills at slot receiver.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n270017 said:
T don't worry, its' all a cover-up, to hide Treon's skills at slot receiver.
In that case, smart move

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
From what I have seen/been told. Treon needs more practice with the 1s leading up to GameDay, which is the reason for what is happening. Grier is fine and should start.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Lee, here's one for you from Goldkamp: "fwiw, Will Grier running with the starters in the part of practice going on now as I drove by." So apparently Goldkamp is sneaking a peak after the media got the boot and it's now Grier running with the starters. Maybe Mac is screwing with them. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.