Treon Harris, we wanted you all along

g8trs99

Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2014
Remainder of the season with Treon:

LSU- I think with Grier we had a better shot at winning. I look at a QB going and winning a game, and Grier showed he can do that. Grier went and won the UT game. Treon has not done that (please don't throw out UT from 2014). That was not an example of going out as a QB and winning a game. Concerning this year I think if the offense can stay on schedule and eat the clock we have a real good shot at winning. If LSU stops our drives and runs the football our defense will not be able to stop their running game by the end of the 3rd quarter. Hopefully Treon can put together some nice drives. - Toss up

UGA- They lost Chubb. Our defense should be able to put more pressue on their below average QB's and put this one in the books if Treon can score 21-24 points. Win

Vandy- Win

USCe- Spurrier leaving now only helps. They will be lost by the time they play us. Double Cooper and we win. Win

FAU- WIn

FSU- Cook will be hurt the entire year. You can't really heal a hamstring injury during a season without several weeks off. They will need him the next two weeks and he will continue to be hampered. They could probably rest him against Syracuse in three weeks, but I doubt they will. Then NC State he has to play. Mayber they rest him vs Chattanooga, but he will not be 100% when we play them. They may lose 2 games by the time they play us. If we score 20 we win this one.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
g8trs99;n296666 said:
FSU- Cook will be hurt the entire year. You can't really heal a hamstring injury during a season without several weeks off. They will need him the next two weeks and he will continue to be hampered. They could probably rest him against Syracuse in three weeks, but I doubt they will. Then NC State he has to play. Mayber they rest him vs Chattanooga, but he will not be 100% when we play them. They may lose 2 games by the time they play us. If we score 20 we win this one.
It's entirely possible Cook's hammy could flare up again, but he just torched Miami the other night a week after he hurt himself.

Swamped Gator

Sep 17, 2014
g8trs99;n296666 said:
Remainder of the season with Treon:

LSU- I think with Grier we had a better shot at winning. I look at a QB going and winning a game, and Grier showed he can do that. Grier went and won the UT game. Treon has not done that (please don't throw out UT from 2014). That was not an example of going out as a QB and winning a game. Concerning this year I think if the offense can stay on schedule and eat the clock we have a real good shot at winning. If LSU stops our drives and runs the football our defense will not be able to stop their running game by the end of the 3rd quarter. Hopefully Treon can put together some nice drives. - Toss up

UGA- They lost Chubb. Our defense should be able to put more pressue on their below average QB's and put this one in the books if Treon can score 21-24 points. Win

Vandy- Win

USCe- Spurrier leaving now only helps. They will be lost by the time they play us. Double Cooper and we win. Win

FAU- WIn

If Clemson doesn't expose FSU we will. I've watched them a few times this year and they just aren't very good. They don't play a ranked team until Clemson and that's either week 8 or 9. We are the only team they will face that actually has a defense. As long as we stay healthy there's no way we're losing to them in the Swamp this year.

BLACKCELL

Dec 1, 2014
Treon is a winner and he will set a course to do just that. Remember this was suppose to be a rebuilding year and 7 wins was going to be a successful season. If Treon pulls this off against LS who we may just be a team of destiny... GO GATORS!!!

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Timing and don't go smurf on us in call playing... we know the miami kid can ball, now can he get his groove on quick.

BLACKCELL

Dec 1, 2014
I think the true match up is Kelvin Taylor against LF. I think if Kelvin rushes for a 100 yards we win!!! Book IT!!!

Kyng

Founding Member
The Freak
Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2014
Founding Member
LSU is extremely lucky. Or they have a inside man working for the NCAA.

Attachments

• conv_4933.png
    conv_4933.png
    17.3 KB · Views: 25

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
Swamped Gator;n296710 said:
If Clemson doesn't expose FSU we will. I've watched them a few times this year and they just aren't very good. They don't play a ranked team until Clemson and that's either week 8 or 9. We are the only team they will face that actually has a defense. As long as we stay healthy there's no way we're losing to them in the Swamp this year.

I'm sorry.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
If our defense can slow down LF, I still think we have a decent shot. I don't think their defense is that great even though Finebaum acted shocked when a caller to his program insinuated that yesterday.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
OcalaGator83;296884 said:
If our defense can slow down LF, I still think we have a decent shot. I don't think their defense is that great even though Finebaum acted shocked when a caller to his program insinuated that yesterday.
If we can't move the ball on offense and have a bunch of 3and outs, our defense will eventually tire and start getting gashed by 4net. This could easily be one of those snowball games where it's sorta close early and then we just can't keep up any more.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
Zambo;n296940 said:
If we can't move the ball on offense and have a bunch of 3and outs, our defense will eventually tire and start getting gashed by 4net. This could easily be one of those snowball games where it's sorta close early and then we just can't keep up any more.

No doubt, but if USCe can put 24 on them, I'm hopeful we can too.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
From what we've seen, Harris is not as good of a QB as Grier. This is no surprise to anyone and justifies why Grier was the starter even though Treon had a season of experience over him. The main difference is timing and accuracy, his quick release, and his decision making. Grier was surprisingly good considering his limited experience and could end up being really special and one of the better next level QBs to come out of UF.

That said, Harris is pretty darn good. He has plenty of arm strength for the intermediate routes including out routes to the far side of the field. He has pretty decent accuracy also, but has tended to hold the ball too long and seems a lot more comfortable throwing to an open receiver looking him in the eyes than throwing to a spot trusting his own timing and his receiver to be there to meet the ball. He is a very good runner who is always moving forward and has a great side step to juke the first tackler and find the open hole. He could probably do a lot of damage on planned QB runs but it's too risky to use very frequently because we have no one behind him, and a long season to go with lots to play for, so I doubt we use his running ability to it's fullest. His best friends are going to be McGee and DRob because they have the size and hands to pluck the ball out of the air and take it away from tight coverage even if Treon is a tad late with the delivery. I expect they let him take some deep shots early, probably toward Callaway, to try and steal a quick score, or at the very least give the LSU D some concern that just because Willy-G is out, it doesn't mean we aren't going to spread it around so they better not try to stack the box.

It should be a lot of fun to see the offense with TH leading it.

ReelGatorDoc

Sep 9, 2014
Harris is coming into a much better offense than we've had in a while. The OLine gets it, the RB gets it and the WR's and TE's get it. The coaches have
better play calling. Just execute and don't turn it over. I'm confident in our D to make them earn it. We do need to move the chains and keep their O off the field and rest our D. Should be really cool match up of ligit programs. Who would have thought!

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Zambo;n296940 said:

I've been thinking like this,too. If we get behind in that environment they all my press, especially Treon who may try to do too much. It will be a long emotional week, I hope they go take it out on LSU.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
First off let's get one thing straight....Finebaum is an idiot. Whatever he says isn't worthy of repeating. Let's talk about LF7 first. UT ran up 280+ yards on us and we still won. We hold LF to 200 its possible we can win. We now have a coaching staff that will not get out coached. Spare me an opinion on that otherwise. Six games in its obvious as hell Mac knows and has game. Les Miles sure as hell isn't going to outcoach him. So on that front we're good. I'm convinced our defense is the best in the nation and that includes UM with their three staight shut-outs, and if you don't believe me look up who they shut-out. Though our D is the best in the nation they can still get gassed in a punt fest and then it snowballs against us. So with this I think we are IN POSITION to win this thing with LSU. A good gameplan by Mac and Coach Nussmieir playing to Treon's strenghts might be just what we need. As for Treon vs. Will here's my take. Treon is a better athlete. His passes in open passing lanes are good enough to do the job. He's ok on reads, but nothing special. I've been reading a lot of crap on this board about Danny's marshemllow arm. Danny could read defenses like a book. He had the acuracy of a surgeon, the toughness of a marine grunt and ice water in his veins in pressure situations in his last two years. Those were overwhelming advantages for someone that wasn't able to deliever 45+ yard lasers. Treon on the other hand does not have the skills of Danny, Timmy, Rex, Chris or even Will. He'll never make those down field crossing route lasers that just kill D's like Will has demonstrated in the UT and Ole Miss game. One other thing I forgot to mention he doesn't do....turn over the ball. My fear is, despite his 10 pt. come from behind win over UT let's not forget that was UT. Treon isn't going to bring us from behind OVER 10 points. WG has that capability. WG was a work in progress with a mountain of potential with unlimited possibilites with the right coaching. Right now Treon is at optimum with his athletic abilities. I'm rooting for Treon like crazy. Is it unfair he hasn't demonstrated a capacity to put the team first over his own whimsical off field adventures? Yeah. But that's what were dealt with. WG just demonstrated the same. I don't know what lies in the future with this turn of events. But it is possible WG never takes another snap with the Gators. He and Grier aren't Mac's guys. For all I know he may be a clip board guy for the rest of his tenure here. Who knows who he might recruit between now and next August? The reality is this we have a much better coached team than last year. That's what we have and I hope its enough for a season to have some magic and high bowl aspirations. I'm an Orange & Blue bleeder and will be pulling for ALL of our guys with every fiber of my being. But I'm also a realist. Can we win. You bet we can, anything is possible with this team. But the reality is we can still get blown out as well with a gassed D. Let's just hope Mac has it covered with a smart gameplan.

GO GATORS!

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
@LandonWatnick: #Gators TE Jake McGee called Treon Harris a big-time QB who will be prepared. "To me there's not much drop-off in talent, if there's any."

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Treon just has to manage the game. He does that and we win

Sent from my IPad using tapatalk.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
PaulDrake;n297062 said:
First off let's get one thing straight....Finebaum is an idiot. Whatever he says isn't worthy of repeating.

Let's talk about LF7 first. UT ran up 280+ yards on us and we still won. We hold LF to 200 its possible we can win. We now have a coaching staff that will not get out coached. Spare me an opinion on that otherwise. Six games in its obvious as hell Mac knows and has game. Les Miles sure as hell isn't going to outcoach him. So on that front we're good. I'm convinced our defense is the best in the nation and that includes UM with their three staight shut-outs, and if you don't believe me look up who they shut-out. Though our D is the best in the nation they can still get gassed in a punt fest and then it snowballs against us. So with this I think we are IN POSITION to win this thing with LSU. A good gameplan by Mac and Coach Nussmieir playing to Treon's strenghts might be just what we need.

As for Treon vs. Will here's my take. Treon is a better athlete. His passes in open passing lanes are good enough to do the job. He's ok on reads, but nothing special. I've been reading a lot of crap on this board about Danny's marshemllow arm. Danny could read defenses like a book. He had the acuracy of a surgeon, the toughness of a marine grunt and ice water in his veins in pressure situations in his last two years. Those were overwhelming advantages for someone that wasn't able to deliever 45+ yard lasers. Treon on the other hand does not have the skills of Danny, Timmy, Rex, Chris or even Will. He'll never make those down field crossing route lasers that just kill D's like Will has demonstrated in the UT and Ole Miss game.

One other thing I forgot to mention he doesn't do....turn over the ball. My fear is, despite his 10 pt. come from behind win over UT let's not forget that was UT. Treon isn't going to bring us from behind OVER 10 points. WG has that capability. WG was a work in progress with a mountain of potential with unlimited possibilites with the right coaching. Right now Treon is at optimum with his athletic abilities. I'm rooting for Treon like crazy.

Is it unfair he hasn't demonstrated a capacity to put the team first over his own whimsical off field adventures? Yeah. But that's what were dealt with. WG just demonstrated the same. I don't know what lies in the future with this turn of events.

But it is possible WG never takes another snap with the Gators. He and Grier aren't Mac's guys. For all I know he may be a clip board guy for the rest of his tenure here. Who knows who he might recruit between now and next August?

The reality is this we have a much better coached team than last year. That's what we have and I hope its enough for a season to have some magic and high bowl aspirations. I'm an Orange & Blue bleeder and will be pulling for ALL of our guys with every fiber of my being. But I'm also a realist.

Can we win. You bet we can, anything is possible with this team. But the reality is we can still get blown out as well with a gassed D. Let's just hope Mac has it covered with a smart gameplan.

GO GATORS!
Drake, I'm glad you are back.... sorry however that you forgot to bring your paragraphs with you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.