Treon Harris: Welcome back Florida football!

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks you for coming in and giving us something to cheer for again! I haven't been this excited in 4 years!

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Let's just hope they let him throw the ball and don't try to run run run only next week. I felt the play calling was too conservative at the end. Let this kid throw the ball to open up that running game.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Treon proved that a change was what we needed. Let him play!!

DeltaGlamma

Born a Gator
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
Zach is telling it like it is....not a surprise to most of us, either. I think I am still a bit in shock that Champ actually made the change :)

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
I wonder if he comes in earlier if TN scores a TD after the INT? Because he started warming up right after.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't disagree totally, but I don't want to get too excited or sold on Treon being our salvation. We've seen plenty of mistakes by others on offense and we have a pretty small sample size for this true freshman.

I am hopeful and, as always, Go Gators!!

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Who is defending Driskel?

Has anyone seen a pro Driskel post since the Alabama game?

Ignorant crap!

:moon:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Another:

Driskel might be a decent TE.

Actually, I'd like to see a Wild Drizzy package with him really running. Not sliding. Not trying to be a passer. Something like the Vandy 12 package.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's a no brainer to start this kid and get him reps with the ones. I actually think Muschamp put him in at a good time. Without him being backed up in out end zone. And they did a good job with play calling so he was comfortable.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
EuroGator;n68920 said:
I don't disagree totally, but I don't want to get too excited or sold on Treon being our salvation. We've seen plenty of mistakes by others on offense and we have a pretty small sample size for this true freshman.

Kids will tell you what they feel good about... when TH came in, mistakes lessened, energy increased, D compelled to get the ball back, attention spans better focused. Although a small sample size, if everyone feels better, they play better. The right QB can get a lot of help when everybody believes in him. Frosh mistakes are more tolerable than Junior mistakes. That's what I saw today. The only thing that ruined it was the bush league dawg alumnus pulling the winning QB out at games end instead of rewarding his gamesmanship with the victory snaps.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorStud;n69158 said:
Kids will tell you what they feel good about... when TH came in, mistakes lessened, energy increased, D compelled to get the ball back, attention spans better focused. Although a small sample size, if everyone feels better, they play better. The right QB can get a lot of help when everybody believes in him. Frosh mistakes are more tolerable than Junior mistakes. That's what I saw today. The only thing that ruined it was the bush league dawg alumnus pulling the winning QB out at games end instead of rewarding his gamesmanship with the victory snaps.

This was discussed in the game thread. The victory formation snaps are under center. TH has yet to take a college snap from under center. TH hasn't been running with the first team. You often see mishandled snaps when a back up has to come in because they haven't had thousands of reps together like the starting QB and center.

I understand your sentiment because I had the same gut reaction but the more I thought about it the more I liked it. It was a good tactical decision. A mishandled snap that close to the end zone would almost certainly mean we lose the game...being that it would've been a chip shot field goal.

BearCatGator

Aug 26, 2014
EuroGator;n68920 said:

I didn't see that Jeff played that bad, not saying he played good. I saw 3 drops Robinson, one was an int. 2 were thrown where he could have caught it. 2 other throws were thrown up where he had a change but didn't come back for the ball. I believe there was a throw to a TE that was dropped and another throw that hid our guy right in the hand. There was also a couple plays where Jeff could have thrown his shoulder down and gained a couple more yards for a first down but stepped out of bounds or slid. Reminded me if the Leak slide where he went sliding and needed 4 yards to keep the game alive.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
TheDoctorJones;n69168 said:
TEs have to enjoy contact and blocking. Driskel wouldn't last a day at TE.
No one has been more negative about Driskel than me, but he didn't used to be afraid of contact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb