Treon Harris

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not going to heap blame on Treon for this loss but it's pretty obvious that he is a very poor passer. I didn't see any passes thrown on time and in a position that would allow the receiver to run after the pass. Glad it's over....

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Treon threw some bad passes tonight. We went for the home run too many times (not Treon's fault). Treon will get much better with age. He is an upgrade, he didn't make the mental errors we saw earlier. And I think Grier is smiling cause he knows he has a real shot come next year.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
the_alphagator1906;n119208 said:
Only with Mathew M. it is. LOL He doesn't like the tanned QBs for some reason and I am just giving him a hard time about it. That is all. Carry on.
Hard not to notice that, huh?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
deuce;n119258 said:
Not going to heap blame on Treon for this loss but it's pretty obvious that he is a very poor passer. I didn't see any passes thrown on time and in a position that would allow the receiver to run after the pass. Glad it's over....
I think he's really banged up. That's what tends to cause the floaters especially after he was real accurate with them earlier in the season.

That being said, everyone is banged up in November. I look forward to seeing the better QB play next year, whether it is Treon or Grier.

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
Law98gator;n119578 said:
I think he's really banged up. That's what tends to cause the floaters especially after he was real accurate with them earlier in the season.

That being said, everyone is banged up in November. I look forward to seeing the better QB play next year, whether it is Treon or Grier.
Exactly, as long as the next coach has a fair quarterback competition, I will support whoever leads the offense. I don't want a coach coming in here saying Treon or Will will automatically be the next starter.

DeltaGlamma

Born a Gator
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
It could be that Treon, like so many players before him, has regressed under the current coaching regime. I remember him throwing intermediate passes in earlier games just fine. As mentioned above, it could also be due to injury. At least he didn't turn it over multiple times like his predecessor did.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I seem to remember a handsome gentleman resembling myself warning you guys about throwing a true freshman out there on the road all the way back in September. I won't say I told you so, because I want this kid to succeed, but that's what happens when you throw out a true freshman QB on the road in a hostile environment.

Will Grier is still probably the QB of the future.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
At least Treon gave us hope where before Treon there was no hope. And a little bit of hope is not a bad thing.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Driskel didn't deserve to play anymore. I can live with the growing pains of a true freshman, on the road or not, than watching a junior/senior give half hearted due diligence and leadership by example. Hopefully, the best coach for our situation hits town, as in knows how to assemble an arsenal from the scattered weapons called the Florida Gators.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n119739 said:
I seem to remember a handsome gentleman resembling myself warning you guys about throwing a true freshman out there on the road all the way back in September.
Yes, unfortunately our only options were two true freshmen and a fourth year true freshman.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;n119739 said:
I seem to remember a handsome gentleman resembling myself warning you guys about throwing a true freshman out there on the road all the way back in September. I won't say I told you so, because I want this kid to succeed, but that's what happens when you throw out a true freshman QB on the road in a hostile environment.

Will Grier is still probably the QB of the future.

We would have more wins this year if they would have started the freshman in the beginning.

farfugnugen

Oct 4, 2014
I am shocked at the lack of football knowledge of some of you. Treon is a true freshman who has played admirably under the circumstances. He threw two ABSOLUTELY PERFECT long balls to Powell and D-Rob. He threw plenty of other decent passes that were dropped. He ran when he needed to. The kid has made this absolutely terrible offensive scheme look like merely a bad offensive scheme (something the two prior #1 rated QBs coming out of high school - Brantley and Driskel - were unable to do). If we gave this kid some coaching and a decent scheme, he would have won every game he played this year.

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I totally agree with the posters that support Harris in this thread. The offensive staff set him up to fail. Being that he is a Freshman in a hostile environment, they never allowed him to get into any rhythm with a couple of short to intermediate passes. They simply had him hand the ball or run it himself for most of the game. Even on the rare occasion that we passed the ball, the call was fairly predictable to defend. As far as I can remember, if Treon wasn't throwing the deep wheel route or go route, he was throwing a crossing route or something less than 10 yards to the sideline. It's pretty easy to defend a team that only runs the same 5 passing plays over and over again. Aside from the usual bonehead penalties that put us behind schedule, the offensive line did a fairly decent job of protecting him. Unfortunately, this staff never does a good enough job of mixing up the playcalling and passing on early downs. Half the time, Treon is forced to pass on 3rd and long. Even if he converts in those situations, we're right back to running the ball until the next 3rd down situation. He never has a chance to get in any kind of rhythm as a passer, nor does he have elite talent around him (aside from Demarcus Robinson); It's a bad sign when a converted DE is your starting TE.

Given the situation he was in, Treon Harris performed admirably. The kid is only a Freshman. He will get better. That being said, I hope there is a fierce QB competition next spring. But unlike some of you, I'm not gonna get my hopes up that Will Grier is going to be way better than Harris. We've heard he's talented, but he's yet to prove anything on the field and hasn't had any meaningful game experience thus far. Also, Harris played against much better competition in high school. When Brantley was playing for us, Driskel was just as hyped as Grier was coming in and look how that turned out. Every situation is different though. I just hope the best QB emerges as the starter and we end up with a competent staff that understands how to develop QBs.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
farfugnugen;n119784 said:
I am shocked at the lack of football knowledge of some of you. Treon is a true freshman who has played admirably under the circumstances. He threw two ABSOLUTELY PERFECT long balls to Powell and D-Rob. He threw plenty of other decent passes that were dropped. He ran when he needed to. The kid has made this absolutely terrible offensive scheme look like merely a bad offensive scheme (something the two prior #1 rated QBs coming out of high school - Brantley and Driskel - were unable to do). If we gave this kid some coaching and a decent scheme, he would have won every game he played this year.
:clap:

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Call me crazy or stupid or whatever. I have this feeling that Grier is going to lead us to championships. I believe he is our QB of the future.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
You mean the one that if it wasn't so badly underthrown D-Rob walks into the endzone?
Or the corner route that he floats out of the endzone which would have been a TD if he throws it on a line?

g8rgolfer

Nov 18, 2014
Play calling sucked yesterday. Good riddance to Roper .. that stuff sucked. I hope we never run the friggin option read crap ever again. It sucks. We line up and run in power sets and we have our way with teams. We line up and run that option bullchit and we suck. Tired of it. Problem isn't Treon ... he does need to work on his accuracy but that is coachable.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I had high hopes for him from his level of HS competition. But he had way too many poorly thrown passes to be the man. Don't know if the bad finger was the problem but with the season over, JD hopefully going to play baseball, a new coaching staff, the competition needs to be wide open for next year. May the best man win!

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

And this from a guy with a VW with a dick sticking out it's front for his Ava.........:facepalm:

RebelGator

Founding Member
Banned
Banned
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
deuce;n119879 said:
And this from a guy with a VW with a dick sticking out it's front for his Ava.........:facepalm:

That's not a VW, it's his sister.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb