Treon's days may be numbered - now cited with driving w/o license

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
Florida fans were happy to see freshman quarterback Treon Harris play this year, but that seems more because of the less-attractive alternative. In eight games, Harris threw for 896 yards on 50-for-100 passing, as well as seven touchdowns and three interceptions. He added 291 yards and three touchdowns on the ground as well. He replaced junior Jeff Driskel, who threw for 1,092 yards, averaging a mediocre 5.6 yards per attempt, with nine touchdowns and ten interceptions in eight games.
Harris has some big play ability, and the offense was a bit more functional with him under center, but new head coach Jim McElwain isn’t sold on the Gators’ quarterback situation. In recruiting Louisville commit Lamar Jackson, a three-star player from Boynton Beach, FL, McElwain was very blunt about how he views the quarterbacks on the roster.

http://collegespun.com/acc/louisvill...n-treon-harris

Attachments

• conv_1648.jpeg
    conv_1648.jpeg
    25 KB · Views: 35

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think anyone is sold on him. But I don't think the book is completely closed on him either.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
t-gator;n133841 said:
I don't think anyone is sold on him. But I don't think the book is completely closed on him either.

+1.

I'm hopeful Treon or Will can do well in 2015. Coach Mac doesn't even truly know what he has right now. Treon was playing "champ ball" and Will hasn't played yet. I'm sure Coach will give everyone a fair chance to audition this offseason.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
gardnerwebbalumnigator;n133848 said:
Where is Will Grier?

Chilling on Twitter. With almost 300K followers. Say that out loud: The backup QB at UF has almost 300K Twitter followers. Treon has 6K followers. Fat Tooley has 20K.

Yes, I know his brother is the most followed person in the world on Vine but geez. Remarkable.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
gardnerwebbalumnigator;n133848 said:
Where is Will Grier?
Exactly. Is he dead? The kid AVERAGED 383 yards a game through 3 years of high school.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n133850 said:
Exactly. Is he dead? The kid AVERAGED 383 yards a game through 3 years of high school.

Playing against air

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You could have said the same thing about Derrick Henry

Caloosahatchee

I voted for Law!
Sep 12, 2014
crosscreekcooter;n133854 said:
You could have said the same thing about Derrick Henry

Perhaps, BUT almost any Classification in FLA >>> any Classification in NC. In the end, as we have said in different ways ad nauseam, it isn't about height, arm strength, bone structure, IQ, etc. What matters is the competition they played against and how they responded to pressure/adversity in those contests. Treon may not have all the measurables, and this isn't necessarily an endorsement, but he most definitely has produced in a football classification that far above average nationally. 8A, 6A, blah, blah... means SQUAT. There are few, if any teams, that would have beat him as QB in High School. Bottom line.

ntcrze

Founding Member
Banned
Banned
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
I'm sure McElwain is not thrilled with Jackson running his mouth. Maybe it'll teach him to be more careful with what he says to recruits. The fact is that Jeff Driskel is history, even if he wanted to stay McElwain could never put him on the field, the pitchforks would instantly come out. I think it's pretty safe to say that Mornhinweg is not going to be the quarterback. That leaves Harris, who beat out Grier, as the only quarterback who has actually played a game. There's no assurance that McElwain will be able to get any quarterback to say yes this late in the game, so he had best not piss of the only quarterback he has that has played, besides Mornhinweg. Maybe he can get someone to flip, like Harris did last year, but there aren't many true freshmen ready to play quarterback. I'd be more careful talking to recruits, that comment does not endear him to Harris. Maybe Jackson is not someone UF would want anyway, it wasn't very smart of him to repeat what the coach said.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n133855 said:
LOL... I scroll down through the back and forth amongst posters and come to this gem, right here. No words, just a hamburger with a d*ck in its mouth. I damn near shot beer out my nose!

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
ntcrze;n133867 said:
I'm sure McElwain is not thrilled with Jackson running his mouth. Maybe it'll teach him to be more careful with what he says to recruits. The fact is that Jeff Driskel is history, even if he wanted to stay McElwain could never put him on the field, the pitchforks would instantly come out. I think it's pretty safe to say that Mornhinweg is not going to be the quarterback. That leaves Harris, who beat out Grier, as the only quarterback who has actually played a game. There's no assurance that McElwain will be able to get any quarterback to say yes this late in the game, so he had best not piss of the only quarterback he has that has played, besides Mornhinweg. Maybe he can get someone to flip, like Harris did last year, but there aren't many true freshmen ready to play quarterback. I'd be more careful talking to recruits, that comment does not endear him to Harris. Maybe Jackson is not someone UF would want anyway, it wasn't very smart of him to repeat what the coach said.

:ban2::banned::ban:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n133849 said:
Chilling on Twitter. With almost 300K followers. Say that out loud: The backup QB at UF has almost 300K Twitter followers. Treon has 6K followers. Fat Tooley has 20K.

Yes, I know his brother is the most followed person in the world on Vine but geez. Remarkable.

95% of those followers are from his brother's celebrity status on social media.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I think we'll be fine at QB. Harris did fine considering the circumstances and Grier will have a year under his belt...albeit with no game experience. Can't possibly be worse than the last 5 years, so I'm still optimistic.

Caloosahatchee

I voted for Law!
Sep 12, 2014
MJMGator;n133879 said:
I think we'll be fine at QB. Harris did fine considering the circumstances and Grier will have a year under his belt...albeit with no game experience. Can't possibly be worse than the last 5 years, so I'm still optimistic.

Completely agree. Step away from the ledge folks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator