Treon's days may be numbered - now cited with driving w/o license

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
QueenCityGator;n135116 said:
Harris was stopped by UPD on Dec. 13 at 11:29 p.m. for going 30 miles per hour (10 mph over the speed limit) on Stadium Road, according to UPD.

If it were 3 white males in the car, do you think they would have been stopped? I would have no problem if they were pulled over going 15+ mph over the speed limit, but their speed at 11:29pm wasn't an immediate danger.

I'm 1 white male and I got pulled over on Hull Rd for doing 6mph over the limit. Granted they let me go, but I had no pot in the car and I had a drivers license with no previous points, so, little different situation.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Who is to say the cop could even see into the car at night to determine what race the passengers are? Normally they get you with a speed gun from a pretty decent distance away. We can't get away from this crap anymore. If you're breaking the laws of the roads, the cop has every right to pull you over. Everything is a race issue now.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
Concrete Helmet;n135149 said:
This is just grand!!! We've got coaches who won't be here next year coaching the bowl and a QB who won't be here starting the bowl game. I think Mac needs to step in right NOW and get Morningwood some tips, then assert himself as the man to avert this impending disaster before we lose to ECU and get another black eye.

I'm becoming inclined to agree. What must be done eventually probably should be done immediately at this point, its on the verge of becoming a complete laughingstock disaster.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n135181 said:
Who is to say the cop could even see into the car at night to determine what race the passengers are?

Especially through the large, billowing smoke clouds coming from inside the car.

Besides, do we even know the race of the police officer in this case?

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
Looks like UPD is insane regarding speed limit enforcement. I remember doing the speed limit in Waldo, but never thought 6mph would get you pulled over on campus.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
These guys need to understand that like it or not , their held to a different standard than other 18 yr old UF students. But that comes with the privilege of being on the football team and all that entails

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
He should have been pulled over for Driving Under the Influence of Bad Coaching (DUIBC).

jeff-driskel-scooter-jorts-florida.png

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
QueenCityGator;n135191 said:
He should have been pulled over for Driving Under the Influence of Bad Coaching (DUIBC).

jeff-driskel-scooter-jorts-florida.png
Or driving while insanely white and nerdy

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This isn't going to sit well with the new HC. Drizzy better get busy reviewing the playbooks.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n135195 said:
This isn't going to sit well with the new HC. Drizzy better get busy reviewing the playbooks.

if he plays, we all cry

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
dubster1;n135185 said:
i dont think this was a (DWB)case"driving while black" i do however think it was dui fishing

Yep it was definitely DUI fishing probably. From about 11PM on they will pull you for nothing now basically to see if they got a DUI.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
OcalaGator83;n135182 said:
I'm becoming inclined to agree. What must be done eventually probably should be done immediately at this point, its on the verge of becoming a complete laughingstock disaster.

Mac is at practices although no one on here has mentioned it:burn: And you're right this stinks to high heaven with NSD right around the corner the last thing this program needs is an embarrassing loss at a crappy bowl. Now a convincing win with the new boss involved would get the attention of very impressionable recruits who might be sitting on a fence.....

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Honestly, I don't see it as a big deal. The kid will pay a fine and his legal troubles are over. Misdemeanor and no victim. Make him get up and run every morning at 5:00am and case closed.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The good part of this Treon story was left out = he hit a TE crossing.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Treon, reppin' da 305.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n135218 said:
Honestly, I don't see it as a big deal. The kid will pay a fine and his legal troubles are over. Misdemeanor and no victim. Make him get up and run every morning at 5:00am and case closed.

Gee if it was your son would it not be a big deal. Not paying enough attention to not drive a car without a license. Not smart enough not to be driving around with drugs? Now if it was my son I would be quite upset for him being so foolish or stupid.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
VulcanAlex;n135233 said:
Gee if it was your son would it not be a big deal. Not paying enough attention to not drive a car without a license. Not smart enough not to be driving around with drugs? Now if it was my son I would be quite upset for him being so foolish or stupid.

Good point. Not to mention he is supposed to be a leader on the team which is in transition. It also looks like the law was very kind to him. This could have been much worse. It's also not good for prospective recruits parents to see this.right now.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
If I had a son, he'd look like Treon Harris.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.