Treon's impact on our team

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well, we all saw the Driskel play prior to TH's TD run. So we all saw a difference there. (Like we didn't know...)

But how's this for a stat:

k0sk7n.jpg

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's also a sad STAT. Especially in an era of the forward pass.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Embarassing. 300 yards used to be a very mediocre game around here and 200s was a disaster.

Hell the backup used to come in halfway through the third and throw for 300.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Not sure WTF the coaches are doing w/ Driskel. He has NO BUSINESS being in the game. NONE!

TH has looked great so far. Can only wonder "what could have been" if the dipsh*t headcoach had made the change earlier in the season.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Treon is pretty smooth. And he brings something to the table we haven't seen in a long time and that's the ability to complete a pass down field.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Defintely with TH this team respond better, plays better, and TH seems more relaxed than the RS/JR. That is a huge impact IMO. Joe is right. JD comes in and starts Driskeling then next play TH moves the sticks.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I like Jeff Driskel but he's done as far as being a QB. It's obvious he has absolutely no confidence left in himself. If Muschamp wants to save any psyche Driskel has left he will not play him at QB anymore.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I like Treons speed. He covers alot of ground in a hurry. I was a little worried when he got the wind knocked out of him. I had terrible images in my head of Driskel being our starter again....arrgg...

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Amazing listening to champs post game. He seems like he's seen the light six games after the rest of gator nation. Too bad for him he probably cost himself a job over stubbornness.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Plain and simple he gets the ball to the right guy at the right time. Our guys still are not used to it though. We had 3 players trip or stumble I guess because they were surprised they actually got the ball thrown to them. How Burton dropped the pass in the end zone is beyond me.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n101124 said:
Plain and simple he gets the ball to the right guy at the right time. Our guys still are not used to it though. We had 3 players trip or stumble I guess because they were surprised they actually got the ball thrown to them. How Burton dropped the pass in the end zone is beyond me.

He also throws those swing passes where the RBs etc. usually don't have to come to a complete stop just to make the catch giving them a chance to do something with the ball.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I find it amusing that about 50% of the time our receivers look like they're caught off guard when a TH pass hits them in them hands. It's something they're going to have to adjust to quickly.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
So I guess Treon has now won his last 32 starts? Sounds like the announcers had some conversations with the staff. Indicated that JD is a wonderful practice player. However, something happens when the lights go on. Probably played pretty heavy on delaying the transition to a true freshman. That along with the allegations pushing it back a couple of games.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n101132 said:
So I guess Treon has now won his last 32 starts?
Is that right? Hasn't lost since his sophomore year in HS? If true, I didn't know that.

Wuerffel was like that. Won everything in HS but not multiple years worth.

I wish we'd just stick with recruiting kids from Florida most of the time. We know the top kids from Florida have played against elite talent.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n101127 said:
I find it amusing that about 50% of the time our receivers look like they're caught off guard when a TH pass hits them in them hands. It's something they're going to have to adjust to quickly.
Yeah, I like that he wasn't just throwing to one receiver most of the time.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I feel like we can score when TH is pulling the trigger. I can barely see the game between my fingers when driskel steps on the field. For a big kid, he hits the line running like a duck feather. He needs to say on the bench and act as TH's personal interpreter for any play calls unfamiliar to the frosh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.