Treon's impact on our team

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n101576 said:
I know. We haven't managed to complete the forward pass since Zooker and his passes were barely forward.

Seems like we should at least be able to be in the top half of passing offenses. I'm know I'm dreaming big here.

But you're really going to complain about the offense that won two national championships and say you'd rather have the one Zook ran because they passed it more? You run what you can with the personnel you have. If it works, it works.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n101371 said:
I wouldn't be totally shocked I'd Driskel was named the starter next week
I wouldn't be totally shocked if JD announced he was pregnant, WM was the father, and Foley was WM's father. It is the only way to make sense out of our football program's current situation.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;101271 said:
Staff needs to keep JD mentally engaged in case TH gets hurt. Had a scary moment early in yesterday's game.

I really think this is the only reason.

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
When Driskel attempted that 4th down conversion, in his mind it seemed like he was only thinking "don't lose the ball." Most quarterbacks would have reached the ball over on first sight at the endzone, but Driskel kept it tightly clutched to his body. We are lucky that the ref gave us that touchdown.

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
Scott512;n101383 said:
Harris is not hurting the team the way Driskel did. That said JD had a great comeback win against LSU stolen from his by a dropped pass. And the Gators run the ball better with Treon than with JD. He has something intangible that JD doesn't. Now the team has a winning gameplan with running the ball and good defense.
Driskel did get another chance to drive us to victory at the end of that game, but he threw an ill-advised pass that was intercepted and also nearly killed one of our players.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
The betting public likes Treon. Our game with Carolina open with us as a 3 1/2 point favorite. Line has already moved to 5 1/2.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I have a feeling South Carolina isn't going to just roll over. If Harris thinks it's going to be like playing Vandy he's in for a rude awakening. Even USC's atrocious defense is light years better than Vandy's.

Our defense better be on their toes, too. I expect Spurrier to be extremely aggressive.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
SOS needs to salvage a bad season by beating us and the Taters. The Cocks will be ready.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n101676 said:
I have a feeling South Carolina isn't going to just roll over. If Harris thinks it's going to be like playing Vandy he's in for a rude awakening. Even USC's atrocious defense is light years better than Vandy's.

Our defense better be on their toes, too. I expect Spurrier to be extremely aggressive.

they had a bye week and they are fighting for bowl eligibility I expect spurrier to throw the kitchen sink at us.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n101681 said:
they had a bye week and they are fighting for bowl eligibility I expect spurrier to throw the kitchen sink at us.

He must be in good shape if he can pick up a kitchen sink and throw it at people.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n101684 said:
He must be in good shape if he can pick up a kitchen sink and throw it at people.
I didn't say how big the sink was

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
I don't know if this comparison has been made already but imo Treon Harris is a Joe Hamilton clone. Looks very similar, same size, very similar game. I was living in Atlanta while Hamilton was playing at GT and watched most of his games. I really liked Hamilton and wouldn't mind one bit if Treon ends up as good as him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.