Trump Pardons Oregon Ranchers

Discussion in 'Politics' started by g8tr72, Jul 10, 2018.

1. g8tr72

g8tr72 Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $3,082
    Ratings:
    +5,943 / -37
  2. divits

divits A Muffin of the Studly Variety
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $3,649
    Ratings:
    +12,699 / -51
    Total bull$h!t. WTF is the point of this? What a foolish bunch of theatrics that benefits no one but the arsonists.

Witnesses at trial, including a relative of the Hammonds, testified the arson occurred shortly after Steven Hammond and his hunting party illegally slaughtered several deer on BLM property. Jurors were told that Steven Hammond handed out “Strike Anywhere” matches with instructions that they be lit and dropped on the ground because they were going to “light up the whole country on fire.” One witness testified that he barely escaped the eight to ten foot high flames caused by the arson. The fire consumed 139 acres of public land and destroyed all evidence of the game violations. After committing the arson, Steven Hammond called the BLM office in Burns, Oregon and claimed the fire was started on Hammond property to burn off invasive species and had inadvertently burned onto public lands. Dwight and Steven Hammond told one of their relatives to keep his mouth shut and that nobody needed to know about the fire.

3. alcoholica

alcoholica Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $1,361
    Ratings:
    +8,321 / -275
    If I remember correctly, the BLM were trying to land grab. The Hammonds were performing a controlled burn that briefly got away from them and went on government property. Probably did the land some good. The government decided to take this opportunity to prosecute and try to snatch their land.

• divits

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
      $3,649
      Ratings:
      +12,699 / -51
      Land grab? It wasn't their land. Can I drive over to the Ocala Forrest and start a "controlled burn" because I feel like it? Specially a "controlled burn" that their own relatives testified in court was to coverup illegal hunting?

• alcoholica

Oxbucks:
      $1,361
      Ratings:
      +8,321 / -275
      Go read more about the history of the case.

And i’m Sorry for whatever causes you to think that family just rolls on family.

• Swamp Donkey

Swamp Donkey Ox is a Poor Man's JBoss
      Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
      $18,992
      Ratings:
      +43,201 / -1,498
      The policies were bullshyt.

And this pardon is bullshyt.

You dont protest by violence.

• divits

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
        $3,649
        Ratings:
        +12,699 / -51
        I did. What I quoted backs up what I've read from many multiple witnesses in the case. These guys thought they were above the law and there were many other instances of them exhibiting just that.

As for this: "And i’m Sorry for whatever causes you to think that family just rolls on family."

:jerkit:

• alcoholica

Oxbucks:
          $1,361
          Ratings:
          +8,321 / -275
          Hey if you want to support the Obama Administration’s policy of reneging on water rights and what was a clear strategy to land grab and expand federal lands at the expense of private citizens, then go right on ahead. That’s your right to support that’s administration.

• divits

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
          $3,649
          Ratings:
          +12,699 / -51
          Yeah thanks man I appreciate your support!

:jerkit:

• divits

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
            $3,649
            Ratings:
            +12,699 / -51
            If these guys have a problem they need to blame teddy Roosevelt. Of course without teddy Roosevelt we would probably have a 7-Eleven and a McDonald's within a mile of old faithful in Yellowstone.

• alcoholica

Oxbucks:
              $1,361
              Ratings:
              +8,321 / -275