Truth Takes: Columbia Cats

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Maybe Jefferson just has a problem with depth perception, because I’ve now seen him watch two long balls sail over his head that I’m convinced he could have gotten his hands on had he bothered to make the effort.

Franks needs help, so make every effort to help him.
Franks has more than a half dozen passes that have hit defenders right in the hands and were dropped. If he hasn't always gotten max help from his receivers, he's gotten a sh#t-ton from opponents.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Franks has more than a half dozen passes that have hit defenders right in the hands and were dropped. If he hasn't always gotten max help from his receivers, he's gotten a sh#t-ton from opponents.
All the more reason for the WR's to help out their often-erratic QB as much as possible.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
LA your avatar kind of looks like Franks. You are a big Franks fan, aren't you.

Last edited:

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
LA your avatar kind of looks like Franks. You are a big Franks fan, aren't you.
Eric Andre of the Eric Andre Show. Pretty damn hilarious, check it out.

I want to get on the Franks bandwagon but it's kind of like trying to leave the mafia:

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Agree about stiner, he was the beneficiary of a great call that required nothing but running in a straight line untouched. Our safeties aren't great but when we get pressure they don't have to be. We need to get pressure.
That's right. We haven't gotten any pressure in the last two games and Locke will play better against FL most likely.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
I kinda think Franks needs to check off the big ball more and take the underneath stuff. I think part of his problem is he wants to hit the homerun too much. Fromm killed us underneath while Franks threw the long ball into coverage way too much. There were open WRs underneath those long balls he threw into double coverage against UGA as well as previous games. Hitting what they give you helps open up the homerun.
He's still not seeing the field or maybe he's ignoring the field. He was awful most of the time last week.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Taylor is no better.

We are Sunbelt in the secondary right now.

The optimist in me, next year we have Lenton (unproven, but was winning the battle from what I saw) and Stewart. Maybe some freshman as well.

Maybe Jefferson just has a problem with depth perception, because I’ve now seen him watch two long balls sail over his head that I’m convinced he could have gotten his hands on had he bothered to make the effort.

Franks needs help, so make every effort to help him.

Yep. That Vandy deep ball I 100% believe he could have got by laying out. I think he wants the catch and run more than just getting the catch by any means necessary.

I kinda think Franks needs to check off the big ball more and take the underneath stuff. I think part of his problem is he wants to hit the homerun too much. Fromm killed us underneath while Franks threw the long ball into coverage way too much. There were open WRs underneath those long balls he threw into double coverage against UGA as well as previous games. Hitting what they give you helps open up the homerun.

Serious? Look at his pass chart I do for every game. He far and away throws screens/swings at at least a 4 to 1 clip on homerun balls. Hitch and slants aren't as high a ratio, but a lot shorter. I can only think of 3-4 balls at most of 19 he threw deep against UGA. One was the TD.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
The more I think of Franks needing to be a leader in this game for us to win, the more I'm thinking give the rock to our RB corps. Run over Mizzou eat clock, mix in a few safe passes and play gut-level SEC football today. Wear 'em out and dominate in the 4th. We can't fix Franks so take the other tack.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
The more I think of Franks needing to be a leader in this game for us to win, the more I'm thinking give the rock to our RB corps. Run over Mizzou eat clock, mix in a few safe passes and play gut-level SEC football today. Wear 'em out and dominate in the 4th. We can't fix Franks so take the other tack.
Our run game is definitely our strength. From what I've read, though, run defense is Mizzou's. They held Kentucky's Snell to 67 yards/3.53 avg per carry, and lost by 1 in the final seconds. Snell ran for 175 yards/6.48 avg per carry against us, and we lost by 9 (without Reese and Cece). We can win this game, but we'll be challenged. I say, pound the rock using all three of our backs, and Franks has to step up, as does our secondary. Go Gators!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator