Truth Takes: How to Plummet Your Draft Stock

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
That's part of what Mullen is talking about in his comments about the competitive edge lacking in some of our players. We have a chance to end the home slate on a high note, a chance to beat our in-state rivals for the first time in his career, and get to 10 wins with a bowl victory. There's absolutely still something to play for.

And the second bold part is my point. Do these guys not understand that it's a league of professional only players who are the best of the best at their positions? How does a decent season--which I think is already stretching it considering the passing teams have typically had their way with our secondary--give you the impression that you'd somehow be elite enough on the next stage to make a career? The sad thing is, in most of these cases, these kids love the game and have been playing it their whole lives. But then, against better judgement, they voluntarily make a decision that takes 12-14 remaining games away and all but guarantees they'll never play in one again.

I can get guys like Bosa. He's a lock to be a first rounder. But I can't imagine any scenario where CGJ is even a first day guy based on his boy of work to date. He was a laughing stock at this point last year.

You're right though. It's a new reality we have to face. I just don't get it.

I don't see other great teams with players who play to get to the NFL, I see them playing for each other and their coaches and then the NFL will be the result. Perhaps I don't see correctly.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Agree the student section looked pitiful and sucks for the UF brand on tv and recruiting. If UAA is still selling large blocks of tix to student organizations (e.g. clubs, teams, Greek orgs) it should monitor who shows up and who doesn’t. They already have the data on which tickets are redeemed at the gates, so maybe (?) UAA already is? If X% of an organization’s tix aren’t used, don’t let them buy a block of tix the next year.

One thing I think would help, make Student section first come first serve...General Seating. Like last year at FSU, the Law block had low seats, I guess we started in like row three, but I thought we went to row 1. The dentistry school showed up after kick off and basically threatened to get security because me and mine were "in their seats". I mean, were they wrong necessarily? No, but show up on time or lose your seat.

I had not heard or seen Mullen's "next week needs to be a sellout" comment until today. So my rant about his people need to show up was totally separate. My reaction to his comments? You want a championship environment, have a championship offense. Truthfully, I would rather have an '07 style team than a '12 style team. Where we can outscore anyone, but have defensive issues than vice versa. I would put money down the majority of fans would feel the same...however, that team that played Saturday was neither.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Agree the student section looked pitiful and sucks for the UF brand on tv and recruiting. If UAA is still selling large blocks of tix to student organizations (e.g. clubs, teams, Greek orgs) it should monitor who shows up and who doesn’t. They already have the data on which tickets are redeemed at the gates, so maybe (?) UAA already is? If X% of an organization’s tix aren’t used, don’t let them buy a block of tix the next year.
We got our block tickets every week. You don't have to wait until next year, take their tickets next week.

Or just let them sell the tickets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator