Truth Takes: River City Showdown

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Now that several of you have had your heads explode, IT'S GAMEDAY! Also, that name is such a failure that I haven't seen it promoted as such except for maybe a year or two.

First, there has been a great package running all week on ESPN highlighting that we have outplayed our QBR for the past 8 seasons before this one (duh). That our defense in the last few years has been 3rd in efficiency only behind Clemson and Bama. And that we have the top offensive efficiency since Tebow left (also, duh). It's more detailed than that, but those are the highlights.

I'm going to be more brief than usual as I am getting ready to head towards downtown for tailgating...or I'll try.

This game will come down to O-Line vs. D-Line for both teams and the running game.

Florida O-Line vs. Georgia D-Line
I'd almost put money that the Florida O-Line, as a whole including back-ups, is top 5 in the nation in the number of starts. So far, they haven't played like it. Granted, the past two games they have been coming on. They face a POWERFUL, Georgia Defense that has a suffocating 9 sacks this year. That's an average of 1.29 a game. That's good to be tied for 115th nationally. And as we know about UF media and our offenses the last few years, that number is acceptable. If our O-line cannot handle the front seven at least a decent amount, I would make them walk home. I think they continue to improve and maybe we don't miss assignments like it's going out of style like we did at times in Nashville. Also, it is amazing how much better Franks is when he isn't getting hit. (Insert the "but he wasn't sacked against LSU" stupid comment that is not the same as not being hit).

Florida D-Line vs. Georgia O-Line
Georgia's O-line is full of large guys. They are missing two guys. We have a bunch of guys like Jachai Polite, Cece Jefferson, Adam Shuler, and Jabari Zuniga. They aren't the biggest in the world so according to some on Gator twitter, we shouldn't even show up. Our defense averaging 3 sacks a game. Good for a tie for 18th nationally.

Florida Run Game vs. Georgia Run Defense
Scarlett and Perine are powerful backs who if our line gets them to the second level can cause damage. After the bye week, I'm looking to see more of the two backs in the backfield. I also think we will see more of Toney and if given space, we know what Toney can do.

Georgia Run Game vs. Florida Run Defense
This match up has a good backfield from Georgia and a Gators defense ranked in the 70s. The run defense has been different since the return of David Reese. Since Kentucky we have given up an average of 123 yards a game. That would be good for 25th in the nation. (NO TRUTH OUR RUN D IS ABYSMAL, DON'T GIVE ME NUMBERS THAT GOES AGAINST MY COMPLAINING). We will give up yards, possibly a big play or two, but we will also make some plays. Having Joseph and Reese will be key. Joseph was great in relief in Nashville.

Franks will make a mistake. He will fight back. Just remember, he's lead two major 90+ yard TD drives in the past two games. One to respond to LSU after their go ahead TD and the Vandy drive (assistance to a fake punt) to pull within one of Vandy.

Can Fromm beat us with his arm if we stop the run? Even better will he keep upright if they have to pass? Will we see Fields much? So. Many. Questions.

I think our run D figures it out by halftime. I think our offense continues to improve and giving Franks time he hits some incredible throws. Our run game will be strong. 2014 or 2015 strong? I don't know.

Anyways, tldr. This is truly a game that comes down to the line of scrimmage.

Florida 31 UGA 20

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Good info TT. Have fun at the game! Best tailgating atmosphere around!

We have 5 new D starters since the Kentucky game (1 is due to injury at CB)....and they've certainly played better than they did in that game. My biggest concern is that we stop them....for the most part, but give up a handful of 40, 50 yards "big plays" - like we allowed Vandy to do - we dominated Vandy but they had a handful of plays that killed us in the first quarter. Can't let UGA do that. I'm not sure that this is as low scoring as the Miss State game or the LSU game (which was really 20-19 until the last second pick 6). But I it would surprise me if the winner wins by more than 6 to 10 points.

Another concern: the D (like Joseph and Gardner) running their mouths too much. Just shut up and play football.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
My friend, spending all this time writing these mere hours before the game is a waste of time for you - not enough people are seeing them. Give us at least a couple of days.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Well, that ending up sucking. Write up will be after I watch the game on DVR when I get back to Clermont tomorrow

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb