Tuesday Fav/Wed Worsts..... Airports

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
HNL, Honolulu's airport has a nice layout. Lots of open air blowing through most of the building. The down side of it though is that there are lots of birds that just fly through the areas.
Birds are fake. All real birds were exterminated by the government back in the late 50s to the early 70s, and replaced with spy drones that look like what birds used to look like.
1920px-Birds_aren%27t_real_35C3_%28cropped%29.jpg

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Well I didn't see any rules for this thread that put a minimum size on the airport so I am going to plug Gainesville Regional. 50 minute drive up 441 from Ocala. No significant traffic. Simple left turn from 49th. Right up to parking ticket booth. Park. walk at worst 100 yards to baggage check/ticket counter, 60 feet to TSA and bang, you're at the gates. Yes, tickets out of there can be (not always) more pricey than a major airport, and you aren't getting a direct flight much of anywhere, but man it is worth it. I've landed late night, off plane, got luggage, in car, and home in one hour. No exit ramps, trams, moving walkways - and can see campus frorm the air!
I flew into the Roanoke airport last year for a wedding. It actually had the feel of a much larger airport - except you had your bag and were out minutes. Also great views out the window of the Roanoke Valley.

One of my favorite big city airports is Reagan National in DC. Traffic is rarely bad in or out, the security is for each individual concourse so the lines are never insane, the gates are a short walk from ticketing / baggage drop, and you can be downtown or pretty much anywhere you’d want to be inside the Beltway on the Va side in 20 minutes or fewer. Very convenient to Metro as well.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Home town plug. Albuquerque International Sunport is easy to navigate and really well decorated. Of course you probably won't go through here unless you are going to Taos to ski or to Santa Fe to visit the adobe theme park.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
I use the Clear/TSA line at Denver - haven’t waited more than 10-15 minutes maximum start to finish.

Clear cut my Dulles wait time to less than five minutes too.

LaGuardia got a reno - looks good now. The problem used to be (still might be to some degree) is the number of flights they were trying to squeeze into an hour was mathematically impossible. I read where they had a lottery for the airlines to participate in which allowed them a reduced schedule of slots to fight over.

Flew out of San Francisco a couple of weeks ago. Not bad for a big airport.
1696018365684.png

Laguardia is also getting a bath today.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Funny, but I can still leave my **** in the backpack and wear my belt and boots!
I had no idea that you could leave your laptop in the backpack with pre-TSA. This gets @Seedy every time bc he travels with so many. Just looked it up and the cost might be worth it for him. One day his mouth is going to get him booted going through “security” checkpoint of any kind. :lol:

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
I had no idea that you could leave your laptop in the backpack with pre-TSA. This gets @Seedy every time bc he travels with so many. Just looked it up and the cost might be worth it for him. One day his mouth is going to get him booted going through “security” checkpoint of any kind. :lol:
The best part is when pre-check is closed and they give you a card to go through with everyone else. You get to leave everything in the pack and take off nothing while everyone else has to unpack and disrobe. Makes you feel superior for no reason other than you gave the feds $70 and passed a background check slightly more difficult than a McDonalds employment screening.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020

The most dangerous scam in aviation history? How mystery fraudster duped the world's biggest airlines into using FAKE turbines, nuts and bolts in $3 MILLION scheme that had an army of hoax staffers and dummy offices including one near Buckingham Palace​

• Leading US airlines including Delta and United, along with others around the world, have grounded aircraft after engines were fitted with bogus parts
  • The company which supplied the parts, AOG Technics, is suspected of falsifying safety papers and creating hoax LinkedIn accounts for fake employees
  • London-based AOG, which also used a 'virtual' office near Buckingham Palace, is now facing legal action

I’m not sure where to put this post but didn’t think it needed it’s own thread.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020

The most dangerous scam in aviation history? How mystery fraudster duped the world's biggest airlines into using FAKE turbines, nuts and bolts in $3 MILLION scheme that had an army of hoax staffers and dummy offices including one near Buckingham Palace​

• Leading US airlines including Delta and United, along with others around the world, have grounded aircraft after engines were fitted with bogus parts
  • The company which supplied the parts, AOG Technics, is suspected of falsifying safety papers and creating hoax LinkedIn accounts for fake employees
  • London-based AOG, which also used a 'virtual' office near Buckingham Palace, is now facing legal action

I’m not sure where to put this post but didn’t think it needed it’s own thread.
I just hope the planes that I'll be flying next week don't have those fake parts...:fear:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.