Tuesday Favorites…. Great acts of sportsmanship

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
What are some feel good moments in sportsmanship?
Something big or small that didn’t have to be done but it meant the world to the recipient.

Gator by the Sea

Lifetime Member
Mar 9, 2017
It happened just a few years before I was born, but the putt that Jack Nicklaus conceded to Tony Jacklin to end the Ryder Cup in a tie in 1969 has to be one of the greatest acts of sportsmanship of all time.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
One of my favorite moments of all time.

In the 1993 Fla/ga game, the two teams battled through a chilly monsoon and left it all out on the field. After what the dogs thought was a sure TD to tie the game in the closing seconds, it was realized that our DB, Anthone Lott, had called timeout just before the snap wiping the score away in heart wrenching fashion. The following play was called PI on us(terrible call) giving them one last chance. On what would be the actual final play, their QB threw a pass behind the his receiver that could not be caught, ending the game. Upon the whistle, our LB Eddie Robinson(around the 8:22 mark below) can be seen clapping in the face of a devastated uga player nearby as he—the victor—leaves the end zone in celebration. Now I know what you may be thinking; how was this some great show of sportsmanship? Well, as it turns out, screw uga, they can get bent. That’s how.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014

In the 1993 Fla/ga game, the two teams battled through a chilly monsoon and left it all out on the field. After what the dogs thought was a sure TD to tie the game in the closing seconds, it was realized that our DB, Anthone Lott, had called timeout just before the snap wiping the score away in heart wrenching fashion. The following play was called PI on us(terrible call) giving them one last chance. On what would be the actual final play, their QB threw a pass behind the his receiver that could not be caught, ending the game. Upon the whistle, our LB Eddie Robinson(around the 8:22 mark below) can be seen clapping in the face of a devastated uga player nearby as he—the victor—leaves the end zone in celebration. Now I know what you may be thinking; how was this some great show of sportsmanship? Well, as it turns out, screw uga, they can get bent. That’s how.

HOF
Well Done Reaction GIF

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020

Ill Allow It GIF

This was a truly amazing game! What a roller coaster. Glory days.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Back before we knew they were all cheating….

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Back In HS we were playing Walton County HS (Defuniak Springs ) and it was rumored that Dexter McNabb had a dropped a 45 lb weight on his foot over the summer. It was the 2nd game of the season. He ran in my gap, I caused a fumble and we recover. Probably the only thing that went right for us that game. Being the perfect sportsman that I am, I helped him up and asked him which foot he dropped that weight on. He said left foot. Then I stomped on it with my cleat as I walked to the offensive huddle.

They had cheap spotted our PR the year before when we beat the snot out of them and I was returning the favor.

Sportsmanship is overrated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator