sign language GIF

End of thread.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I agree with those who chose Johnny Carson. He was the best and never talked over his guests, kinda flowed with whatever direction they went. I’d have to say I enjoyed Conan O’Brien, though I didn’t watch him nearly as much. One of the best moments on late night was actually on David Letterman (whose smart @ss schtick got old after a while) was when guest Crispin Glover tried to kick him in the head. Things kinda got out of hand.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I agree with those who chose Johnny Carson. He was the best and never talked over his guests, kinda flowed with whatever direction they went. I’d have to say I enjoyed Conan O’Brien, though I didn’t watch him nearly as much. One of the best moments on late night was actually on David Letterman (whose smart @ss schtick got old after a while) was when guest Crispin Glover tried to kick him in the head. Things kinda got out of hand.
Agreed on all... Both Conan (especially when Conan took trips abroad, until he got woke with them at the end with Trump) and Dave were great, but got pretty unwatchable in end stage.

Other host I loved (mainly because of the endless stream of incredibly hot guests and his interactions with them) was Craig Ferguson... still watch youtube clips.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Agreed on all... Both Conan (especially when Conan took trips abroad, until he got woke with them at the end with Trump) and Dave were great, but got pretty unwatchable in end stage.

Other host I loved (mainly because of the endless stream of incredibly hot guests and his interactions with them) was Craig Ferguson... still watch youtube clips.
I’m feeling like Gutfeld is gonna wind up on the late night talk show Mt Rushmore before all is said and done.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I’m feeling like Gutfeld is gonna wind up on the late night talk show Mt Rushmore before all is said and done.
I record it every night, but he'll never have broad appeal the way even Jimmy Kimmel had until schit got stupid. They (and SNL) ALL used to be funny across a broad spectrum of people... I used to really like the Jimmy Kimmel show... then schit got really, really stupid, then completely unwatchable in 2016. Gutfeld was brilliant for seeing the need for the other side of the coin.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I record it every night, but he'll never have broad appeal the way even Jimmy Kimmel had until schit got stupid. They (and SNL) ALL used to be funny across a broad spectrum of people... I used to really like the Jimmy Kimmel show... then schit got really, really stupid, then completely unwatchable in 2016. Gutfeld was brilliant for seeing the need for the other side of the coin.
Agreed about Gutfeld and his recognition of the need for an opposing view point outside the mainstream. Personally, I thought Jimmy Kimmel exceeded his ceiling with “The Man Show” and was more Art Carney to Adam Carolla’s Jackie Gleason (or maybe vice versa!). Anyway, I pictured him as probably having been an intern with Al Goldstein, editor and publisher of “Screw” magazine. His woke persona is a feeble attempt to gain forgiveness from his woke masters for past sins and indulgences.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
In the 90's, I was partial to the Steve Spurrier Show with Mick Hubert.

Great one-two punch along with Breakfast with the Gators.

iu

Alex.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Not an A-Lister, but Alex made me think of this guy and a couple of the regional sports shows…

1680280909140.png

David Lamm. Loved to talk football, loved to eat wings!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.