A-Team
MacGyver
Knight Rider
Street Hawk
Night Court
MASH
Cheers
The Orginal American Gladiators
I love Lucy (see this in the mornings still while my wife is watching it getting ready for work)
Greatest American Hero (was on Netflix)
Quantim Leap (spelling)
Original Star Trek (used to play on UF's PBS station on Wednesday night before the Star Gazer)
Sledge Hammer

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Can't believe nobody mentioned Kung Fu.

David_Carradine_Kung_Fu_Banner.jpg

Of all the crappy 70's tv shows that got made into movies, this is the one that really needs to be done.

I'd get Christopher Nolan, the director that did Batman Begins and use the same flashback technique they used in the series.

Here is your story, updated for 2016:

Drunk British sailor knocks up young Chinese prostitute, or maybe a rape, depending on how edgy you want to go. The bi-racial young Kwai Chang Caine is discriminated against by other children for being half barbarian (half white). He grows up on the street, stealing food to survive, taking beatings from other kids. His mother abandons him at the doorstep of a Shaolin monastery, hoping he will get better treatment from the monks. Alas, the other children at the monastery who have been there longer and are better trained in the martial arts treat him just as badly as the kids on the outside. He is, however, treated kindly by Master Po, a blind elder, and Master Khan, the leader of the monks. Master Po trains him in the martial arts (and there are all kinds of legends about Shaolin training that would be great here).

Slowly, Caine develops the mental strength, discipline, and skills of a Kung Fu master. When he shows the bullies at the monastery that he is more than capable of beating them to a pulp but doesn't despite their harsh treatment of him and instead turns the other cheek, they realize how wrong they have been and accept him. His skills have peaked. He has walked on the rice paper without tearing it, he has branded this forearms with the cauldron full of coal, and he has snatched the pebble out of beloved Master Po's hand. He's ready. But just when everything is going well...

He is traveling with Master Po and they come upon a royal caravan, Master Po is murdered by some spoiled prince for not getting out of the way of the caravan fast enough. Caine, in a fit of rage, kills the prince. The Emperor's troops are sent to get him. He can't hide in the monastery. No place in China is safe. As a tall, mixed race man, he sticks out everywhere. Master Khan tells him to flee to America and hide among the Chinese laborers working in the American West.

In China, he was discriminated against for being half white. In America, he's discriminated against for being half Chinese. But he's a total badass. Peaceful, but when he sees injustice, he comes to the aid of the victims. Meanwhile, the Emperor finds out he's in America and sends assassins to get him.

There are people he has helped in America, both Chinese and White (in a twist, one of the Chinese he helps turns out to be one of the boys that tormented him when he was living in the streets). Because of his actions in helping them, they set aside their racism and embrace him. The movie ends with the people Caine stood up for standing up for him and helping him escape the clutches of the assassins and live the peaceful, happy life he always wanted.

Who do I call to make this happen? Somebody get Christopher Nolan on the phone. And I'm going to need a tall Chinese-American actor. And a love interest.

Let's do this.

Alex.

Jack o' Diamonds

My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts...
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2015
Jack Benny show..He was the funniest comedian I've ever seen..
Carol Burnett show.
Gunsmoke was great..

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
THe Red Skelton Show. The original Lets Make A Deal with Monty Hall
Ed Sullivan My Favorite Martian (same night)
Captian Kangaroo Johnny Quest. Underdog The Jetsons Huckleberry Hound
Later on it was
The Beverly Hillbillies
Andy and Barney, Ernest T was the funniest of all
The Willd Wild West
The Man from Uncle
and then STEPHANIE POWERS in the Girl From Uncle
Star Trek was a huge favorite of mine.
All in The Family (maybe the best show of all time)
MASH (i watch it even now)
WKRP in Cincinnatti (beautiful women)
Barney Miller (FUNNY as hell and well written)
Seinfeld

Most of you have hit all the great ones...........I sent a joke to Red Skelton in Elem school (1965) he told it on the air (The seagull jokes Gertrude and Heathcliff)

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
You know what two shows occasionally pissed me off?
I Dream of Jeannie and Bewitched...

First - if a genie that you rescue from a bottle HAS to do whatever you ask, and she looks like this:
Jeannie-i-dream-of-jeannie-34402279-351-500.jpg

then this could have been taken to whole new levels (or depths :naughty: )

- kind of the same with Samantha...
bewitched1.jpg

She wants to do the magic and yet Darren (a.k.a. Dumbo, Dagwood, Durwood, etc by Endora his Mom-in-law) forbade any magic in the house. Idiot...

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Did anyone mention Hogan's Heroes? I used to like that one as a kid.

Fast forward to about 10 years ago and I'm teaching a class in Frankfurt to about 30 Germans.
My host gets up and does his introductions in German, I hear my name in there somewhere and I come up to the podium.
At this point I thought I'd begin with a little joke...

"Good morning... hey, I hope you guys speak English because the only German I know I learned on Hogan's Heroes!"

Home-Remedies-for-Crickets.jpg

No one was familiar with the show - never even heard of it.
"Really? Funny comedy series about a concentration camp and some idiot Nazi's...No?"

I'm thinking... how does this not get shown in Germany? NO sense of humor.
It was a long three days but at least they 'day-drink' over there so that was nice.

Delg8tor

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Did anyone mention Hogan's Heroes? I used to like that one as a kid.

Fast forward to about 10 years ago and I'm teaching a class in Frankfurt to about 30 Germans.
My host gets up and does his introductions in German, I hear my name in there somewhere and I come up to the podium.
At this point I thought I'd begin with a little joke...

"Good morning... hey, I hope you guys speak English because the only German I know I learned on Hogan's Heroes!"

Home-Remedies-for-Crickets.jpg

No one was familiar with the show - never even heard of it.
"Really? Funny comedy series about a concentration camp and some idiot Nazi's...No?"

I'm thinking... how does this not get shown in Germany? NO sense of humor.
It was a long three days but at least they 'day-drink' over there so that was nice.
I seem to recall that Germans in general do not have a sense of humor.

Delg8tor

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Two other shows that I loved when I was younger
Hart to Hart and The Scarecrow and Mrs. King.

Treebeard

Oops, just stepped on a Lorax.
Lifetime Member
Dec 23, 2015
Can't believe nobody mentioned Kung Fu.

Of all the crappy 70's tv shows that got made into movies, this is the one that really needs to be done.
Alex.

"Kill Bill" doesn't count? :whistle:

Actually, if you remember, they made an updated series with the "grandson" of Cain. Horrible show. Careful what you wish for...

Treebeard

Oops, just stepped on a Lorax.
Lifetime Member
Dec 23, 2015
Hill Street Blues - I went two years without missing one episode (including reruns). Actually did not break the streak until I started at UF. The rabbit-ears just could not pull in NBC from Daytona.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Flash Gordon-intergalatic crime fighter
95fceda57268544013eda592fc07d480.jpg

Sky King- Crime fighting flying rancher - his plane was named the Songbird and Penny was his niece
26408f83cc926962b3f0b1699fa901c5.jpg

Fury-About an orphan boy who's best friend was his horse Fury
4784.jpg

Steve McQueen as Josh Randall a bounty hunter in Wanted Dead or Alive-
230px-Wanted_title.jpg
images

Brodrick Crawford in Highway Patrol
2e2cb764e800126b2f485d45dc5d157a.jpg

Amos and Andy-Cutting edge for it's time- Kingfish would always say Hooooly mackeral Andy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator