TV Shows From Yesteryear

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Love Carol Burnett and Mama's Family. I Love Lucy is brilliant. I own the whole Cosby Show series on DVD (actually we taped every show on the ole VCR), but have a hard time watching now.

I also remember my mom introducing us to Beanie and Cecil cartoons. The old Rocky and Bullwinkle cartoons were great.

And whatever happened to Saturday morning cartoons? Use to wake up at 7 and watch for like 2 hours.

These aren't that old, but I grew up on Saved By The Bell and Fresh Prince of BEl Aire. Saved by the Bell is for sure a guilty pleasure.

Jun 2, 2015
Does anyone remember the Sid Caesar/Imogene Cocoa show? http://www.sidcaesar.com/imogene.html

This was the 1st show I remember seeing on TV which was on Saturday nites. I was around 14 years old & we had just purchased our 1st TV. It was a huge console with a small, round picture. That was 64 years ago as I am now a young 78.

Also, I remember that grand central station in NYC had a machine in the late 1940's/early 50's that you would put in a quarter and it was like TV. I remember seeing the 3 Andrew Sisters singing.

Also liked the Ed Sullivan show and well remember the nite he had Elvis Presley on. Our entire day/dinner revolved around this particular event. I graduated from high school in Jacksonville with Hoyt Axton whose mother co-wrote "Heartbreak Hotel" and Elvis visited her at their home on Green St. (just off McDuff) a couple of times and I got to see him.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator