Tweet: Many sources say Butters framed Grier to get him out

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I read an article on Fox this morning where the flagship university of Nebraska was called University of Nebraska-Lincoln. WTF? Although I'm pretty sure someone else on here has called it the same thing.

Who knew Instigator was a reporter for Fox..,

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
It's funny you ask this. In reality, very little, possibly nothing. Even looking back at the epic win against ut in 2015, the last two drives were both do or die moments. So he wasn't aggressively passing, and going for six 4th downs out of judgement or gut feeling. His hand was completely forced. And then, even despite the effort from the players, he still almost blows it with his cutesy timeout call on the field goal. Keep in mind that he later stated it wasn't to ice the ut kicker, but rather, was because we had 12 men on the field, which was a blatant lie that was shrugged off at the time.

So yeah, even the "bright" moments were either an accident and/or near disaster.

I agree with whoever said, he isn't smart enough to pull this off. I'd also add that he didn't have the allies needed to pull something like this off. Even his staff was less of a loyal following, and more of just a hodge podge of ineptitude. Grier messed up on his own, though quite likely because our S&C program consisted of stretch bands and "Body by Gilad" videos. JM's only real role in this was his making WG feel unwelcome and forcing him out after the fact, which is still enough to warrant his firing.
No we definitely had 12 men on the field. This is right as the timeout is being called. If you watch the video, you can see the back judge under the right upright actually counting the number of players we had out there. Marcus Maye was looking to the sideline just before the timeout in what looked like an "oh sh*t I shouldn't be out here" moment.

ut_12.jpg

As far as the accusations are concerned, I call BS big time. No coach is going to sabotage his own team, even one as ineffective and inept as Mac.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
We should create one for all of our rivals and call it:

NoleChatter
VolChatter
BamaChatter
DwagChatter
(etc)

We can create a separate forum to discuss the tweets.....or do a poll. Then tweet out some non-sense that riles up the fan base. The first few tweets should be 100% legit to get some momentum/followers....then we'll hit 'em w/ a series of non-sense:

"Nick Saban drops retirement letter in ADs office. Will coach one more season and Mike Locksley will be named 'coach in waiting'..."

"Coach Taggert reportedly found in a compromising 'situation' w/ a co-ed. Investigation underway..."

"NCAA in Athens to investigate 'several' recruiting violations - 'inside source' says..."
:lol: hell I'm all for it...just let me know what I need to do to help when you get ready to do it!

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
We should create one for all of our rivals and call it:

NoleChatter
VolChatter
BamaChatter
DwagChatter
(etc)

We can create a separate forum to discuss the tweets.....or do a poll. Then tweet out some non-sense that riles up the fan base. The first few tweets should be 100% legit to get some momentum/followers....then we'll hit 'em w/ a series of non-sense:

"Nick Saban drops retirement letter in ADs office. Will coach one more season and Mike Locksley will be named 'coach in waiting'..."

"Coach Taggert reportedly found in a compromising 'situation' w/ a co-ed. Investigation underway..."

"NCAA in Athens to investigate 'several' recruiting violations - 'inside source' says..."
I LIKE this!

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
No we definitely had 12 men on the field. This is right as the timeout is being called. If you watch the video, you can see the back judge under the right upright actually counting the number of players we had out there. Marcus Maye was looking to the sideline just before the timeout in what looked like an "oh sh*t I shouldn't be out here" moment.

ut_12.jpg

As far as the accusations are concerned, I call BS big time. No coach is going to sabotage his own team, even one as ineffective and inept as Mac.

I see him counting. But I count exactly 11 helmets. And if you watch the tv version, McElwain clearly looks like he's awkwardly smiling like "dammit that backfired". It did not look like a guy who'd made a potential game saving timeout call.

As for Maye looking over, remember this one only the 4th game under JM. He was probably trying to figure out what that goldish color radiating from the sidelines was. It's also possible he was tasked with making sure Nord was awake.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I see him counting. But I count exactly 11 helmets. And if you watch the tv version, McElwain clearly looks like he's awkwardly smiling like "dammit that backfired". It did not look like a guy who'd made a potential game saving timeout call.

As for Maye looking over, remember this one only the 4th game under JM. He was probably trying to figure out what that goldish color radiating from the sidelines was. It's also possible he was tasked with making sure Nord was awake.
Zoom in...12 helmets. 3 guys bunched up at the line next to the hash marks, one is kinda hidden.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I see 12 Gators in the picture....

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Zoom in...12 helmets. 3 guys bunched up at the line next to the hash marks, one is kinda hidden.

Ok, I guess I was combining two players there.

Fair enough. I'm still not sure he wasn't trying to ice Medley, and just happened to avoid the penalty. But you guys are apparently correct on the numbers.

On a side note, this still infuriates me. Coaches like Spurrier and Meyer don't let this happen.

Tennessee_Field_Goal.0.0.png

Last edited:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ok, I guess I was combining two players there.

Fair enough. I'm still not sure he wasn't trying to ice Medley, and just happened to avoid the penalty. But you guys are apparently correct on the numbers.

On a side note, this still infuriates me. Coaches like Spurrier and Meyer don't let this happen.

Tennessee_Field_Goal.0.0.png

Meyer had the fake field goal work on him, when everyone in the US watching the game knew it was going to be faked.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Meyer had the fake field goal work on him, when everyone in the US watching the game knew it was going to be faked.

Being fooled by a legitimate play is one thing(keep in mind Meyer was stoned all that season). It's quite another to have officials blatantly move a ball from its previous location to a spot 4 yards to the left...especially after the kicker had just missed it badly to the right...and you never even notice, much less protest. That's Zook-2004-ut-gameclock level incompetence.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
I wouldn't be shocked. I kept telling you guys Mac chose ldr over grier. That would've gave him the perfect cover. I also wonder how much effort these idiots put into his appeal. Foley should give back the last 8 years worth of salaries.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I also wonder how much effort these idiots put into his appeal.
Yeah it was like "we're going to appeal"....."Ok we lost"...The kid was supposed to stay in Gville, practice with the team and go to class.....Someone told him to leave about 2 days after the "press conference"....I wonder who that was????

Blacklabgator

Lurking Member
Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2014
If he hadn’t gotten popped on the roids he was gonna fail the regular drug test. You can’t snort like Tony Montoya and not get caught with powder in your piss.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Last edited:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I was in the middle of an Iraqi desert watching that game live on AFN and I and my other gator friends all watching at 4am were screaming at the shtty CRT TV the whole time that the fake was coming.

So to set the record straight, everyone in the world knew it was coming. Except esophageal boy.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
If he hadn’t gotten popped on the roids he was gonna fail the regular drug test. You can’t snort like Tony Montoya and not get caught with powder in your piss.
I find it fascinating that you have heard none of this while he's been at WVU. Especially since he's a top NFL prospect .

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I find it fascinating that you have heard none of this while he's been at WVU. Especially since he's a top NFL prospect .
UWVAM encourages substance abuse. You cant even apply for a coaching position without at least three DUIs and a stint in rehab.

Wait til the NFL combine and tests. You never heard about Percy Harvins til then either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.