Twitter planning to get rid of ‘Likes’; Does Gatorchatter follow?

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
Twitter is reportedly set to scrap its “like” feature, a move that would be intended to improve the overall quality of the interactions on the platform.

According to a report by the Telegraph, Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey told employees at an in-house event last week that he “was not a fan of the heart-shaped button” and that the social service would be eliminating it “soon.”

The possible elimination of the concept of “likes” on Twitter comes as the company has focused on improving the “health” of the service to block abusive users and behavior.
is focusing on making the social network “more conversational, which is Twitter’s superpower,” he added.

Does Gator Chatter follow? Maybe Byrd would have stayed if you mean girls didn't use the dislike button so "abusively".

Is Twitter Planning to Get Rid of ‘Likes’?

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorchatter is built off of the Facebook, not the Twitter. Didn’t you see the age range of the Users here?

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
Nah. I'm wrong. When we were kids it was 1200 baud modems, dialups, and text based BBSs.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
So they are saying that likes kill the conversation? So instead of clicking like, it’s better to respond with “I like that.”

I disagree. I’d rather someone not respond unless they have something actually worth saying. The ratings system helps avoid a lot of the crap.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
With my boss’s constant degradation, my wife’s nagging, and my dog ignoring me for anything food related, those thumbs up are the only reason I have to see the sun rise (other than football Saturday’s, post Mac).

Please don’t.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Nah. I'm wrong. When we were kids it was 1200 baud modems, dialups, and text based BBSs.
Who you calling we? It was three channels. It was play outside till dark. It was a dial phone sometimes on a party line. A mobile phone was when they came out with the LONG CORD. It was creative active play instead of all the passivity involved with the interweb. You're welcome. :pe:

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Twitter is reportedly set to scrap its “like” feature, a move that would be intended to improve the overall quality of the interactions on the platform.

Yeah, that's Twitter's problem. :facepalm:

And if our dark Lord gets rid of the drunk/facepalm feature, I'm calling for a revolt.

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
So they are saying that likes kill the conversation? So instead of clicking like, it’s better to respond with “I like that.”

I disagree. I’d rather someone not respond unless they have something actually worth saying. The ratings system helps avoid a lot of the crap.

Meh

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Yep. I’d rather have a like button than somebody quoting the entire post and then doing +1.

I can’t deal with Longcat.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Like!

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Since when does Gatorchatter follow the lead of twits???

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Agreed!
:bart:

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Instead of less button, I want more. Angry, sad, laughing (both with you and at you, especially the at you), etc.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015

Potato

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator