Twitter planning to get rid of ‘Likes’; Does Gatorchatter follow?

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Why stop at likes? Get rid of Twitter all together.

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I wouldn't mind adding more negative ratings - "like" is the only positive rating we need. We need more negative ones for maximum humiliation.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I wouldn't mind adding more negative ratings - "like" is the only positive rating we need. We need more negative ones for maximum humiliation.
I agree re max humilitation.

I feel a :lmao2: version of the thumbs up would be a welcome addition even though I know the geriatric ward will bytch with any change.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Why stop stop at likes? Get rid of Twitter all together.
How else can the masses heap their disapproval on others?

Perhaps we could add a Simple Jack rating

simple jack.jpg

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
Twitter is reportedly set to scrap its “like” feature, a move that would be intended to improve the overall quality of the interactions on the platform.

According to a report by the Telegraph, Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey told employees at an in-house event last week that he “was not a fan of the heart-shaped button” and that the social service would be eliminating it “soon.”

The possible elimination of the concept of “likes” on Twitter comes as the company has focused on improving the “health” of the service to block abusive users and behavior.
is focusing on making the social network “more conversational, which is Twitter’s superpower,” he added.

Does Gator Chatter follow? Maybe Byrd would have stayed if you mean girls didn't use the dislike button so "abusively".

Is Twitter Planning to Get Rid of ‘Likes’?
I'm not going to soon forget the multiple dislikes, facepalms and drunks on my original post regarding Twitter trying to clean up it's overall interaction quality. Someday, when you dvcks least expect it, bam!, a facepalm will come flying out of nowhere...

upload_2018-10-31_17-12-22.jpeg

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I think drunk and face palm should be separate from like/dislike because sometimes I want to give a face palm and a like for instance.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Who you calling we? It was three channels. It was play outside till dark. It was a dial phone sometimes on a party line. A mobile phone was when they came out with the LONG CORD. It was creative active play instead of all the passivity involved with the interweb. You're welcome. :pe:
It was making your little brother climb on the roof to adjust the antenna! It was washing dishes by hand, it was running outside to get the clothes off the clothesline when it started to rain and most of all it was your dad refusing to turn on the GD window installed a/c to force everyone to get out of the GD house!!!!

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
With my boss’s constant degradation, my wife’s nagging, and my dog ignoring me for anything food related, those thumbs up are the only reason I have to see the sun rise (other than football Saturday’s, post Mac).

Please don’t.

:thumbup: Enjoy the sunrise, Guy.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
How else can the masses heap their disapproval on others?

Perhaps we could add a Simple Jack rating

Perhaps we can use this as a rating: :tard:

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
I'm not going to soon forget the multiple dislikes, facepalms and drunks on my original post regarding Twitter trying to clean up it's overall interaction quality. Someday, when you dvcks least expect it, bam!, a facepalm will come flying out of nowhere...

You're just a mean girl. Mean.

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
Twitter is reportedly set to scrap its “like” feature, a move that would be intended to improve the overall quality of the interactions on the platform.

According to a report by the Telegraph, Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey told employees at an in-house event last week that he “was not a fan of the heart-shaped button” and that the social service would be eliminating it “soon.”

The possible elimination of the concept of “likes” on Twitter comes as the company has focused on improving the “health” of the service to block abusive users and behavior.
is focusing on making the social network “more conversational, which is Twitter’s superpower,” he added.

Does Gator Chatter follow? Maybe Byrd would have stayed if you mean girls didn't use the dislike button so "abusively".

Is Twitter Planning to Get Rid of ‘Likes’?

RocketCityGator, Swampfire, MJMGator,
Back Alley Gator, GatorJ, NOLAGATOR, Jbossgator8,
Slevin, BMF, Gatorraid81, lagator

One day in the future, you guys will have composed the perfect post. You will be basking in your glory enjoying the double digit likes. Then, out of nowhere, boom, an incoming facepalm. Silent as a ninja, you won't see or hear it coming...

tenor.gif

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
One day in the future, you guys will have composed the perfect post. You will be basking in your glory enjoying the double digit likes. Then, out of nowhere, boom, an incoming facepalm. Silent as a ninja, you won't see or hear it coming...

giphy.gif

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.