Two Evenly Matched Teams: Idaho v. Florida

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
oxrageous said:
Concrete Helmet;n30581 said:
Whatever dude, I guess I should join the "in" crowd by bashing my favorite college football team:clap:
I think you may have taken this thread a little too seriously.
Like DC did the other day ? Just kidding. I checked in here after working in the yard and almost getting struck by lightning so I might be a little jumpy.

88drgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
oxrageous said:
Whatever dude, I guess I should join the "in" crowd by bashing my favorite college football team:clap:
Sshhh.. don't let him know he needs to buy a sarcasm monitor.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
oxrageous said:
Understand the sarcasm 88 BUT GOD do I get tired of the same old post by the same old posters.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
ufgator812;n30573 said:
So right. Because all of those coaches and players are gone now...

Unlike Pease, Roper has a long history of success. Take into account the massive difference in systems and I don't see how last years stats are relevant. Same players? Yes and no. Driskel is back along with a matured Fullwood and D-Rob plus a freakishly athletic tight end.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I will say this when I saw Driskel drop back and throw that bomb to fulwood, I thought that was very encouraging I know it was just practice but if we can connect on a few of those we will be deadly. I hope this is close enough to topic.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
Somebody holding a gun to your helmet?

88drgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
oxrageous said:
Helmet, you've got to admit those stats are funny..in a sad sort of way. They looked odd when I saw them on the SEC network. it was just too tempting not to post them for some perspective.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
oxrageous said:
Lagoon, if the team stinks so bad then there must be someone holding a gun to you. Let it go man, it's a new season.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe our special teams will be the difference.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The way I see it, we probably go in as a three-point dog no matter what the oddsmakers say now. I like our chances of scoring more than 12, which ought to be enough to secure a win and catapult us to favored status for the week 2 showdown with Eastern Michigan.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
ufgator812;n30573 said:
So right. Because all of those coaches and players are gone now...

Don't you realize that Auburn immediately went from suck to first after they fired their idiot HC?

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Uhhhh... Yeah. That was my point. Same Commander in Chief, there is a track record of stench.

Sarcasm at his statement.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
That was last year I wanted a coaching change myself but I'm still pretty pumped about this team or I'm alot more optimistic than I thought I'd be. Some of it's wishful thinking but hey we lost a few close ones last year and now we're healthy with an easier schedule or a more favorable schedule. Also our offense seems to be making some strides. We atleast have a few more things working in our favor. I know you guys have heard these things plenty of times but I find myself feeling really optimistic.

tillsb

Founding Member
The Marionette
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
JC_Gator said:
Not to discount how terrible our offense was last year, but you only chose offensive stats. Compare defense vs defense and you will see a different story.
Well crap LG68, are they allowed to do that?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, kept the score close. Moral victories like the Voles had under Half Kiff. That makes me feel better.

You think trading Arky for Bama made our schedule easier? Or is it just because we don't have to pencil in a second loss to a Georgia team?

tillsb

Founding Member
The Marionette
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet said:
Hey I start this season like I have started every season since I started watching sports. That being, undefeated season coming up woooooo!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
Actually, we should be optimistic. At least they didn't compare us to any 6-6 IAA teams.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
New Oline, same as old Oline. Same red zone QB. Good Luck to us.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator said:
Yeah, kept the score close. Moral victories like the Voles had under Half Kiff. That makes me feel better.

You think trading Arky for Bama made our schedule easier? Or is it just because we don't have to pencil in a second loss to a Georgia team?
Trading eastern Michigan and Miami. Getting LSU south Carolina and Missouri at home. I didn't say anything about moral victories lol. I was just saying those should be winnable games this year with a better offense and a healthy team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator