Two Freshman WRs arrested

Towels 'N Sporks

We R Bad Cause Urban Cheated on Wife
May 19, 2016
Can't decide whether shooting a bb gun into a dorm is dumber than this thread turning into an argument over the use of the word "thug."

That being said, I'm gonna join the retard-train myself and parade my own stupidity by saying I don't think shooting a bb gun at a glass door/window makes someone a "violent criminal" which is what Webster defines as a "thug."

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Idiots. But, the penalty seems harsh. Had 2 friends in high school shoot car windows out with BB guns. They did not get felony charges even though they were both 18 at the time. And I'm sure Mac is handling this situation very well.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Intent has everything to do with this. If they were firing out of anger then I have a real problem. Otherwise isn't this technically vandalism and I have of admit to a few acts of vandalism in college and maybe after. And BB guns. C'mon man the purpose of BB guns is to shoot squirrels and windows. Maybe your buddy if he's really far away.
As far as punishment: make them run steps. Do the crime, do the climb.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That's sucks....this is the point I have been trying to say. You shouldn't even had been charged let alone for a felony. This case is more severe but still not felony worthy imo.

It's the American way for cops...like being in debt.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This whole thing could have been avoided if there was a good guy with a bb gun

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Coach Mac needs to make a statement and sit their asses down for three games. Not impressed with even thinking about letting Treon back on the team either.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I'm not completely up to speed on this, but based on "shooting BB gun at windows," it sounds like boys who think it's funny and harmless while reality is they need to grow up fast if they want to stay on the team.

Disclaimer: if these were nole$, I'd be demanding the death penalty.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Kids get in trouble all the time. I'm more pissed that they just got on campus and already screwed up. That's freaking unreal. Hi, Welcome to the Universi...uhhh, why are you shooting out windows?

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Damn dude all of that trouble for throwing ice???!
Yeah! That's what I said... I remember the part-time deputy claimed it was ice the size of a baseball. My attorney asked me about that when I was testifying and I said we had been at the beach since that morning and that the ice was melting and floating in water and NO WAY it was the size of a baseball. The prosecutor got up and asked me about it and said, "Isn't it possible that I could have, with malicious intent, taken a bunch of ice and formed it together in my hands like a snow ball?" I sh!t you not, he asked me that. I thought about it for a moment and replied, "Well, sir, I'm from Florida so I don't know much about making snowballs. But I do know enough to know that wet-watery ice doesn't stick to each other." People in the crowd laughed out loud. The prosecutor did not.

I really wasn't trying to be a smart azz though I guess it came out that way. But I figured, screw him... he's trying to peg me with a felony charge for throwing friggn ice. The whole thing was a circus. There were several public defenders who actually came in to watch the trial. They told me later the only time they saw something as ridiculous was when a school kid got the same charge for throwing a "tomato" at a school bus........ "and he missed"....

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

The more I think about it this is a total joke them being charged like that unless there is more to this story. Imagine if you had an 18 year old son that went to UF that was horseplaying with some people in the dorm area and they shot BB guns at each other's back or something and ended up cracking a window and got charged with the same level charge that someone that commits DUI manslaughter gets charged with. Their future could likely be ruined if they planned on working for others. Most companies now just toss any applicant/job seeker that shows a felony arrest period let alone whether its reduced or the charge dropped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb