Two Vandy Players now face DECADES in Prison after Rape Convictions

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Two found guilty, two awaiting trial. Some pretty sick details emerge from the testimony and evidence. Seven counts each plus tampering and photographing.

It's an complete fluke these guys got busted. The girl was passed out, so she had no idea of what happened. Vandy was investigating a separate broken door incident and came across footage of a gang of players hauling this half-naked girl down the hall of the dormitory. They filmed it and took pictures, a roommate was there to witness and one of the guys involved turned state's witness.

Franklin took a page out of the Tom Osborne/Bobby Bowden/Jimbo Fisher playbook and tried to cover the whole thing up. He's already changed his story a couple of times. He said he watched the video several times (basically evidence of rape before the police knew) but now denies it.

The attorneys said the victim was contacted by Franklin and Galt during a medical examination four days after the rape to explain "that they cared about her because she assisted them with recruiting."
It went on to say that, "Coach Franklin then called her in for a private meeting and told her he wanted her to get fifteen pretty girls together and form a team to assist with the recruiting even though he knew it was against the rules. He added that all the other colleges did it."

This is how he approached the frickin' rape victim. What a complete scumbag. Really glad we didn't end up with him as a coach. He's perfect for Pedo State U. http://www.tennessean.com/story/new...lin-allegation-surfaces-vandy-filing/8476049/

Then there are these details from the trial:

Testimony showed Vandenburg passed out condoms to the other players, slapped her buttocks and said he couldn't have sex with the woman because he was high on cocaine.
Batey raped the woman and urinated on her, prosecutors said.

Their defense was that "they were too drunk to know what they were doing and that a college culture of binge drinking and promiscuous sex should be blamed for the attack." Good lord. These guys are going away for a long, long time.

http://espn.go.com/college-football...ers-brandon-vandenburg-cory-batey-guilty-rape

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like they'll be playing for the mean machine now

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Brutal stuff. They deserve to be behind bars for a loooooong time.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Really shows your manhood when you drag a passed out drunk chick to your room and take turns porking her. I'm sure Bubba will love to re-enact the incident with these boys when they get to where they're headed.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Well they deserve everything that they are getting. I was totally offended by their idea that the culture at Vandy was responsible is one of the most offensive statements that I could ever think of. Now being drunk is no excuse either. I bet they will be trying to slip the hook but I hope it won't happen.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Very similar circumstances to the Winston case, only in the Winston case the victim was only partially incapacitated, not fully. Same charges should have resulted, though, including the photographing and obstruction of justice charges (that includes the F$U officials). Winston is very lucky he's not headed up the river for decades too.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Tally PD is so complicit. I was reading about another case and they failed to send the DNA swab of an FSU player after 3 years. It was discovered during a FOIA request.

The Feds really need to get to Tally and see what the F is going on up there. I wonder what the hell it is going to take.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It's also very sad if college girls are getting "passed-out" drunk at parties. Alcohol is a drug also, though alcohol
may not be the only drugging she got - damn male predators.

Franklin probably has info, like the players contacted him pleading for rescue help as possibility of
charges arose.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
g1384218664317037957.jpg

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n160948 said:
Really shows your manhood when you drag a passed out drunk chick to your room and take turns porking her. I'm sure Bubba will love to re-enact the incident with these boys when they get to where they're headed.
As Bubba said to his new cellmate, Jim Baker of PTL Club fame, in the ATL Federal Prison, "Nice to meet you Jim, do you want to be the husband or do you want to be the wife?"

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68;n161111 said:
As Bubba said to his new cellmate Jim Baker in the ATL Federal Prison, "Nice to meet you Jim, do you want to be the husband or the wife?"

I hope Bubba doesn't give him the choice.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Forgot to include in thinking + so horrible for the victim. Fullest sympathies to her and her family. They must be
fighting psychological ruin.
If Franklin gets a statue, will it have to be taken down ?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I Have No Friends :(;n161087 said:
I take back everything I ever said about wanting Franklin as coach here. Disgusting.

Same here. I wasn't aware of his actions surrounding this. :embarrassed:

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n161112 said:
I hope Bubba doesn't give him the choice.
Really? And do enlighten us with what your choice would be, Dougie. :lol:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68;n161156 said:
Really? And do enlighten us with what your choice would be, Dougie. :lol:

My choice is do not rape... these two gents choose other wise, so when they go to prison... I hope that do not get the choice from Bubba to choose husband or wife, just like they didn't give that coed a choice.

Dec 10, 2014
rogdochar;n161049 said:
It's also very sad if college girls are getting "passed-out" drunk at parties. Alcohol is a drug also, though alcohol
may not be the only drugging she got - damn male predators.

Franklin probably has info, like the players contacted him pleading for rescue help as possibility of
charges arose.

Ding, Ding, Ding. If I had ever had a big enough case that warranted it, I would have subpoenaed the head coach, position coach and coordinator of the player in question. Action like that is rarely done because the direction of these cases are usually determined far before anything like that would be necessary. However a coach/player relationship is akin to a clergy/parishioner relationship. There's just no privilege with the coach and player. Obviously you don't want to contact an athletic association or send out a subpoena over a misdemeanor or a stupid, overcharged felony. But if the case wasn't resolvable and needed to be litigated, the HC would be answering questions.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
PatDooleySucks;n161199 said:
Ding, Ding, Ding. If I had ever had a big enough case that warranted it, I would have subpoenaed the head coach, position coach and coordinator of the player in question. Action like that is rarely done because the direction of these cases are usually determined far before anything like that would be necessary. However a coach/player relationship is akin to a clergy/parishioner relationship. There's just no privilege with the coach and player. Obviously you don't want to contact an athletic association or send out a subpoena over a misdemeanor or a stupid, overcharged felony. But if the case wasn't resolvable and needed to be litigated, the HC would be answering questions.
law, you marvelous old rascal! You had me fooled this whole time! I actually thought this screen name was an alias for Robbie Andreau.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.