Tyler Jordan out

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
in person Forsyth is big but soft. He looks like the Michelin man. He's going to need a year to turn that baby fat into muscle.

You're sure that you're not thinking about Sandifer?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Tyler Jordan is just a bit undersized for guard. He really should play center. This could workout perfectly.
You're right about his size and I don't see him really over powering people out there but his technique and positioning are pretty damned good which tells me he's smart/coachable...perfect for center. I will say though Dillard is doing pretty well up to this point. I think Jordan takes center next year.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, I think Desir-Jones obviously gets the start.
Redshirt freshman Richerd Desir-Jones will replace Jordan at right guard.

BUT:
... Johnson also could move from tackle to guard. Taylor could play tackle, where the first-year freshman shined last week against UMass.

"This will be a great opportunity for us to look at Fred and Jawaan together a little bit at times," McElwain said. "Not only just in the heavy package. There again it’s an opportunity. And what you take advantage of the opportunity you’re given."

Sounds like Mac clearly plans on playing Johnson also, which makes sense, considering this will be Desir-Jones first start and Johnson has so much more playing time under his belt (despite getting abused for much of that playing time). But I think long term, Fred Johnson is not the answer at tackle and despite Taylor being a true freshman, he clearly looked better there last Saturday. He may be a better fit at guard. It seems like Mac is interested in seeing how he does there and will give him an opportunity. But I really like Tyler Jordan and would like to see him in the lineup. He has been impressive thus far as a true sophomore.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
You're sure that you're not thinking about Sandifer?
I was sitting right behind the Gator bench and saw him on the sidelines the whole game. He's a big dude but just looks like he carries a lot of baby fat. I'll be in the same seats again this weekend. I'll try to take some pictures.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wasn't Sandifer about 350# ? How can you not be a good guard weighing that much?

I read somewhere that in his freshman year he was pushing 400 pounds. Maybe conditioning was an issue for him his freshman year.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I was sitting right behind the Gator bench and saw him on the sidelines the whole game. He's a big dude but just looks like he carries a lot of baby fat. I'll be in the same seats again this weekend. I'll try to take some pictures.

We'll be looking for some cheerleader pics as well... You know, to be sure you have the appropriate Gator spirit.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Desir-Jones is ok with me. Moving the big guy from Tackle to Guard won't hurt either. Massive size up the middle.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Perhaps the cyst expanded and put pressure on the zygoma bone.
Pressure on bone causes it to "dissolve" some, thereby thinning it.
This principle is how orthodontics moves teeth. :D

Cysts are fluid filled sacks. Not quite those metal torture devices you orthodontists use. :cool:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
You're right about his size and I don't see him really over powering people out there but his technique and positioning are pretty damned good which tells me he's smart/coachable...perfect for center. I will say though Dillard is doing pretty well up to this point. I think Jordan takes center next year.

Jordan is over 300lbs. How much bigger does he need to be? I think he's obviously among our top 2 interior lineman. I'm not sure where the comments on his size are coming from. Sure, he's smaller than the other OLs he's on the line, but he's not an overweight fatass either.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
As for Fred moving to guard, I was skeptical but Big Trent played well inside and Martez has been serviceable after each struggled at tackle. Bammers are big on starting guys at guard then moving them to tackle.

So if coach Mac likes it I like it.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
The key word was "opportunity". Because we have this opponent this week he is giving players the the chance to see how they do at certain positions and personnel groupings. I like that he's open minded about it and says, "Let's see what ya' got".

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Jordan is over 300lbs. How much bigger does he need to be? I think he's obviously among our top 2 interior lineman. I'm not sure where the comments on his size are coming from. Sure, he's smaller than the other OLs he's on the line, but he's not an overweight fatass either.
I thought I saw him listed at 290# prior to the season? Regardless his loss is HUGE because he has been working his ass off on technique and it shows. Typically I'd like to see guards at 320-335, Tackles around 300-315 and a little more athletic looking and usually the Center is the brains of the operation so as long as their big enough not to get blasted into the backfield by a LB or worse yet....a safety I'm OK with that...Size aside, they must have some solid muscle mass even if it's hiding under a layer of fat, but they can't just be a fat pvssy out there getting abused and sucking.
Has anyone else noticed that even though he huge, Sharpe is not the greatest run blocker? Don't get me wrong I'm glad we have him and he does very well pass blocking....Still I'm waiting for him to get pissed and just crush someone on a running play. I'm surprised that we seem to run the ball better to the right side with Jordan and Taylor than even to the 5 stars side of the line....

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Cysts are fluid filled sacks. Not quite those metal torture devices you orthodontists use. :cool:

Cysts are fluid-filled sacs that by increasing size when pressing on bone causes it to dissolve.
The braces that orthodontist use do not touch the bone; it's the pressure pressing on the root
onto the bone that causes bone resorption. Incidentally, the bio-chemicals released histologically
are the same bio-chems that cause a tadpole to resorb its tail.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Cysts are fluid-filled sacs that by increasing size when pressing on bone causes it to dissolve.
The braces that orthodontist use do not touch the bone; it's the pressure pressing on the root
onto the bone that causes bone resorption. Incidentally, the bio-chemicals released histologically
ryan-howard-gifagreetvbj-novak.gif

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I thought I saw him listed at 290# prior to the season? Regardless his loss is HUGE because he has been working his ass off on technique and it shows. Typically I'd like to see guards at 320-335, Tackles around 300-315 and a little more athletic looking and usually the Center is the brains of the operation so as long as their big enough not to get blasted into the backfield by a LB or worse yet....a safety I'm OK with that...Size aside, they must have some solid muscle mass even if it's hiding under a layer of fat, but they can't just be a fat pvssy out there getting abused and sucking.
Has anyone else noticed that even though he huge, Sharpe is not the greatest run blocker? Don't get me wrong I'm glad we have him and he does very well pass blocking....Still I'm waiting for him to get pissed and just crush someone on a running play. I'm surprised that we seem to run the ball better to the right side with Jordan and Taylor than even to the 5 stars side of the line....

He's 309lbs. Size isn't a problem.

http://floridagators.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6214&path=football

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Rog dropping knowledge.

200_s.gif

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
I'll take Desir-Jones inside and let Johnson backup Taylor. After watching Johnson (in person) get manhandled by 230-250 lbs DE'S moving him inside would be a disaster. If he's getting bullrushed by those dudes what is a 300-330 lbs DT going to do to him? Desir-Jones will hold down that spot just fine until Tyler gets back.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Some of that is footwork. And when a kid is worried about getting speed rushed to the outside, they sometimes lose their base and get ragdolled, see our RT getting wiped out by a safety last year.

I'm not saying youre wrong. Reports were that Big Fred has struggled all year. I'm just saying we have had some success moving big, slower tackle inside. I think Trent Brown is still in the league.

It is nice to have guys like Desir, McCoy, and Jawaan Taylor on the bench at the start of this year. It sure beats looking to rely on walkons or Andrew Mike.

Last edited:

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Some of that is footwork. And when a kid is worried about getting speed rushed to the outside, they sometimes lose their base and get ragdolled, see our RT getting wiped out by a safety last year.

I'm not saying youre wrong. Reports were that Big Fred has struggled all year. I'm just saying we have had some success moving big, slower tackle inside. I think Trent Brown is still in the league.

It is nice to have guys like Desir, McCoy, and Jawaan Taylor on the bench at the start of this year. It sure beats looking to rely on walkons or Andrew Mike.
If Johnson is able to play inside...I'll be happy I was wrong! However...from what I saw (the last 2 weeks) he just doesn't look strong enough to. We'll see...#ChompChomp

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.