UAA raising booster contributions

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Football Booster Contribution Adjustment for 2018 Season
Florida is committed to providing a championship experience with integrity on and off the field for student-athletes and the Gator Nation.

http://floridagators.com/news/2017/...-contribution-adjustment-for-2018-season.aspx

GAINESVILLE, Fla. – Gator Boosters, Inc., and the University Athletic Association have announced Gator Boosters Football contribution adjustments for the 2018 football season to the public, the first such change since 2013.

** All contribution adjustments will be for the 2018 football season. 2017 Florida Football ticket information. **

Why the Adjustment?
The UAA's strategic purpose is to, "Provide a championship experience with integrity on and off the field for student-athletes and the Gator Nation." By the time a Gator student-athlete walks across the graduation stage, the University Athletic Association will have invested approximately $350,000 in that individual.

In order to provide a championship experience with integrity for all Gator student-athletes, additional revenue is needed to cover the rising cost of scholarships (tuition, housing, cost of attendance, incidental meals, etc.).

The adjustments, which will include both contribution increases and decreases (approximately, 37 percent of the seat contributions are going down or staying at the same contribution level) in Ben Hill Griffin Stadium. Legends, an outside firm, conducted market and fan feedback to assess the UAA's current pricing and contributions model. The UAA used the results of their research to formulate a plan for 2018 that will create a more balanced seating structure and provide options that are more flexible for season ticket holders.

Information Related to Rising Costs:
Each year, the investment the University Athletic Association makes into the lives of our student-athletes increases. In 2017-18, the total scholarship cost for Gators student-athletes will be $14 million, an increase of 25 percent ($2.8 million) from just six years ago. Overall, the expenses to support the complete student-athlete experience total approximately $350,000 in a four-year span.

Success is Our Tradition:
  • Florida has won 38 national championships, including two this year (women's tennis and men's outdoor track and field). UF has won at least one national championship in each of the last nine academic years. Florida has won 17 national championships during the last nine years and has won multiple national titles in 10 seasons.
  • Florida is the only athletic department in the country to finish among the top 10 in national all-sports rankings in each of the last 33 years.
  • Florida was the first school to win the Capital One Cup in both the men's and the women's competition since the Cup was introduced in the 2010-11 season. The Gator men's program won the first two men's Capital One Cups in 2011 and 2012 and the women captured the 2014 Cup. In the five-year history of the Capital One Cup, Florida is the only program to finish each season in the men's and women's top 10.
  • Florida has won the SEC All-Sports Trophy 27 times, including a sweep of the men's, women's and overall title 16 times - no other league school has pulled that feat off once.
  • The Gators have 241 conference championships, including 234 in the SEC, which is almost 100 more than the next conference school.
  • Seventy-eight percent of the 2017 spring graduates (46 individuals) were part of a national and/or Southeastern Conference championship team during their Gator careers.
  • Since 1992, UF has honored 107 Academic All-Americans to rank fifth among all Division I colleges and overall UF student-athletes have picked up 136 Academic All-Americans. Five Gators have been selected to the Capital One Academic All-American Hall of Fame, the second best total in the nation.

Facilities Commitment:
The UAA is committed to providing the best resources to allow our student-athletes to succeed, including top-notch facilities. Since January of 2015, the UAA has committed to $212 million worth of facilities upgrades.

In 2016, we completed facility projects totaling $112 million for the renovation of the O'Connell Center, and the construction of the Football Indoor Practice Facility and Otis Hawkins Center at Farrior Hall. In addition, the UAA recently announced the next phase of facility projects estimated at $100 million with a focus on baseball and softball stadium renovations, a dining hall for a student athletes and a stand-alone football complex.

In addition, the Otis Hawkins Center at Farrior Hall was a $25 million project that broke ground in March of 2015 and was completed in June of 2016. This facility impacts each of our 500-plus student-athletes as it serves as a central hub for student-athletes personal development, including academic support, nutrition, leadership training, community service and career development.

Questions:
  • Visit this FAQ story on FloridaGators.com
  • Fans can call the Gator Ticket Office at (352) 375-4683 or visit the Ticket Office on the west side of Ben Hill Griffin Stadium, Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
  • Fans can call the Gator Booster office at (800) 34-GATOR (42867) or at (352) 375-GoUF (4683)

Cost for each section/level:

http://gatorboosters.org/2018/

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
After seeing the offense in 2017 people will be glad to keep the train moving ahead.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Ah, yep...we're in section 55 and it was the same when my parents started after the endzone was built.

... extra-cost of grounds-maintenance of those endzones -- tumbleweeds control.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Announcing they want more money from boosters just days after they commit to Mr. 116th for 3.5 mil more.

:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Talk about some tone-deaf, clueless motherfvkkers. Reminds me of the people Nancy Pelosi has been hiring to run the Dems campaigns.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
In my old section (53) the per seat contribution was $50 when I first started in the 1980's. Now they're $200.

Ah, yep...we're in section 55 and it was the same when my parents started after the endzone was built.
Well then you and Threat are the lucky ones. Your contribution will actually go down $50 next year. Mine on the other hand went up 66%.

http://gatorboosters.org/2018/

I should have known this was coming when I got a rah-rah email today from Scott Stricklin.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Announcing they want more money from boosters just days after they commit to Mr. 116th for 3.5 mil more.

Talk about some tone-deaf, clueless motherfvkkers. Reminds me of the people Nancy Pelosi has been hiring to run the Dems campaigns.

Yeah, I don't get this move at all. There are empty seats everywhere and they are raising prices? Has anyone at the UAA ever taken an Economics class? Some should teach them the law of "supply and demand"....

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator