UAA updates roster (but not weights/sizes)

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
They've added the incoming freshman w/ roster numbers & size/weight, but the veterans sizes/weights have not been updated from last year's roster:

http://floridagators.com/roster.aspx?path=football

Here's a blog post by Robbie Andrue w/ some good info:

Check out Zach Carter's size....and Slaton & Conliffe! The last bullet point shows that the veteran's have not had their sizes updated.

http://andreu.blogs.gatorsports.com/11369/the-new-roster/

After poring over the new Florida roster that was released Monday, some observations:

• The true freshmen who were not early enrollees have been assigned numbers: Brad Stewart (2), Marco Wilson (3), C.J. Henderson (5), Brian Edwards (6), Jake Allen (12), Donovan Stiner (13), Daquon Green (18), Shawn Davis (20), Malik Davis (31), Adarius Lemons (32), Lacedrick Brunson (34), Nick Smith (40), Ventrell Miller (51), Tedarrell Slaton (56), Elijah Conliffe (57), T.J. Moore (75), James Robinson (85), Zachary Carter (94).
  • Even though Robinson is listed on the roster, he has not been cleared for enrollment yet. His status for the fall is uncertain at this point.
  • Graduate transfer quarterback Malik Zaire will wear No. 8 (Rex Grossman’s old number). The dual-threat QB is listed at 6-foot, 225 pounds. Offensive lineman Jake Fruhmorgen, a transfer from Clemson, has not been assigned a number yet. He is listed at 6-5, 290.
  • UF won over Slaton during the recruiting process by telling him he was being recruited to play defensive tackle — his preference, even though most schools were recruiting him as an offensive guard or tackle. But Slaton is listed as an offensive lineman on the roster. He’s also put on 10 pounds since he signed in February, going from 339 pounds to 349. Conliffe, who could see early playing time at defensive tackle, also has added some bulk, gaining seven pounds, up to 312.
  • Defensive end Zachary Carter, one of the Gators’ highest-rated recruits, appears serious about making a push for immediate playing time. He’s obviously been hitting it hard in the weight room and at the training table. He’s gained 26 pounds since signing day and is now up to 263 pounds.
  • The height and weight of the returning players do not appear to have been updated. Defensive end Antonneous Clayton is still listed at only 220 pounds, but he told members of the media in the spring that he is now about 250 pounds and plans to continue to bulk up. Defensive end Cece Jefferson said in the spring he was slightly under 250 pounds, but remains listed at 261.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Another note, at the bottom of the roster are 5 players w/out numbers (mostly walk-ons, except Fruhmorgen).....

Brendan Ackerman, a 5'11 221lbs LB, is the son of Brady Ackerman.

Riles is still listed as an OL.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Please break this roster down into separate players and post each in his individual thread.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I noticed Slaton listed as OL. I wonder if he's just too good of an olineman that he stays there.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I noticed Slaton listed as OL. I wonder if he's just too good of an olineman that he stays there.
They were so impressed with what the walkon DLs did versus Franks and Co that they decided to move him to OL.

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
They were so impressed with what the walkon DLs did versus Franks and Co that they decided to move him to OL.
I will say that the DT situation does scare me going forward. I think we signed 3 good ones this year, but yet again I dont see any true DT committed for this cycle or next.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
How much do you weigh BMF? Does BMF stand for Big Mother##=$%ker?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
It says he's going to play DT. Hello.
UF won over Slaton during the recruiting process by telling him he was being recruited to play defensive tackle — his preference, even though most schools were recruiting him as an offensive guard or tackle. But Slaton is listed as an offensive lineman on the roster. He’s also put on 10 pounds since he signed in February, going from 339 pounds to 349. Conliffe, who could see early playing time at defensive tackle, also has added some bulk, gaining seven pounds, up to 312.

It does? It says we were recruiting him to play DT. He may indeed play DT but right now he is listed on the o line. Hence, my question...maybe he's not as good on the d line as the o line. IDK.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
UF won over Slaton during the recruiting process by telling him he was being recruited to play defensive tackle — his preference, even though most schools were recruiting him as an offensive guard or tackle. But Slaton is listed as an offensive lineman on the roster. He’s also put on 10 pounds since he signed in February, going from 339 pounds to 349. Conliffe, who could see early playing time at defensive tackle, also has added some bulk, gaining seven pounds, up to 312.

It does? It says we were recruiting him to play DT. He may indeed play DT but right now he is listed on the o line. Hence, my question...maybe he's not as good on the d line as the o line. IDK.

Ok....

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator