UCF has a coach, quarterback and team on the rise. Should we go after Scott Frost?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Lol.... Corral decommits IMMEDIATELY if we hire this guy.

He isnt going anywhere tonrun the fvkking option.

You guys are hilarious. We dont have an option QB on the roster. Maybe we get lucky and Zaire gets another year.... or Treon transfers back.
We'll have to wait and see I guess.

First of all, hopefully he'll already be signed by the time we kick Mac's shark-lovin' ass out.

Second, Frost isn't an idiot. He will utilize Corral's talents just fine. UCF has 16 passing TD's on the year and 28 passing attempts per game. Corral is actually very mobile in the pocket playing almost exclusively out of the shotgun. I don't see any problem with Frost changing his offense a little, or for Corral to adopt some option plays.

It sure seems like Corral is set on being a Gator, and it's pretty hard to fathom the only reason is he feels his game will progress with the top notch QB development that only NumbNuss is capable of providing.

Edit: and then there's this: http://gatorchatter.com/threads/coaching-change-would-not-affect-corral.17517/

So lighten up Francis. Things are looking up. Mac's on his way out, Frost on his way in, and the class will be just fine starting with Corral.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2015
Personal

Scott is the son of Larry and Carol Frost, who both have Nebraska connections. Larry played halfback for the Huskers from 1967-69 (ranks 33rd all-time with 39 receptions). Carol was the first Nebraska female athlete to compete for the USA Olympic team, winning the gold medal at the 1967 PanAm Games in the discus and competing in the 1968 Olympics in Mexico City. She served as head women's track and cross country coach at NU from 1977-80. Her women's team won the indoor and outdoor conference titles in 1980, to begin a string of 33 consecutive conference championships. Although Nebraska did not support an official women's team at the time, Frost was the national discus champion from 1964-67. Scott was coached by his father (head coach) and mother (receivers coach) at Wood River. Scott's brother, Steve, graduated from Stanford in 1996.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Lol.... Corral decommits IMMEDIATELY if we hire this guy.

He isnt going anywhere tonrun the fvkking option.

You guys are hilarious. We dont have an option QB on the roster. Maybe we get lucky and Zaire gets another year.... or Treon transfers back.
I doubt he'd decommit from frost. Surely a west coaster like corral watched mariota .

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
For all the Johnny Come Lately's, here's a weeks old thread discussing our next coach....

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Corral running Frost's offense with our backs could be a pretty fun thing to watch. This is just a guess, but I think it might be a little more entertaining than McChump ball.

Frosty the Go-Man! It's Go Time! :bananadance2:
McChump!

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Here's another interesting connection between Frost and UF:

Randy Shannon Jr is a freshman LB on the UCF team.

Jordan Franks (Filepe's older brother) is a senior TE on the UCF team.

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
Randy Shannon Jr is a freshman LB on the UCF team.

Makes me think that between recruiting and this current season Shannon and Frost have had some conversations. This is getting interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator