UF Announces Dan Mullen as HC $36 Million over 6 Years

Status
Not open for further replies.

KronoGator

Aug 28, 2014
The only thing I can say that's positive is we have Mullen and 7-5 seasons while the facilities are upgraded, then try this again in 3 years from a more equal footing, and a new AD.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The only thing I can say that's positive is we have Mullen and 7-5 seasons while the facilities are upgraded, then try this again in 3 years from a more equal footing, and a new AD.
Let's hope he gets the positions fixed...

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I've never imagined what Saban looked like doing a belly laugh until now.....we are a joke indeed....

gatorjohn

Founding Member
Rev
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
We are all strong for old Florida
Down where the old Gators play.
In all kinds of weather …
We'll all stick together…
For F-L-O-R-I-D-A

I know this will not be popular with all of the negativity going on here, but I will stick with Florida! I will NEVER say "I'm done" like I've read from many on here. Mullen was not my first or second choice, but I'm willing to give him a chance and all my support! I'm Gator through and through and would never wish ill on my team. We have no idea what has gone on behind the scene in this coaching search. Who can say Mullen is not a big upgrade from Mac?

I think Mullen has done a great job bringing Miss State up from the dungeon of the west. Can you imagine recruiting guys to Starkville? We said about other coaches, "He will do great recruiting in fertile grounds of Florida", why can't Mullen. Give him a chance. Can you give a reason why not? I'm so sick of fair weather fans! I do hope you're done with Florida now. We might let you jump back on the bandwagon when we are winning.

Huddersfield

Nov 10, 2017
Three terrible coaching hires in a row. Do you think that this will finally get the UAA to understand what they have done to the program. I give it 24 months before he is under the gun and he will be gone in 36....I bet that we get to 1 Bowl game in his tenure !

That's how far you have fallen that Frost wont ever take a meeting with you !!! The guy whose down the road and you could DOUBLE his pay check but he wont even talk to you!
Sad sad day

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not happy with the hire, but please tell me he's a disciplinarian. That's what this team needs most.

Huddersfield

Nov 10, 2017
For F-L-O-R-I-D-A

I know this will not be popular with all of the negativity going on here, but I will stick with Florida! I will NEVER say "I'm done" like I've read from many on here. Mullen was not my first or second choice, but I'm willing to give him a chance and all my support! I'm Gator through and through and would never wish ill on my team. We have no idea what has gone on behind the scene in this coaching search. Who can say Mullen is not a big upgrade from Mac?

I think Mullen has done a great job bringing Miss State up from the dungeon of the west. Can you imagine recruiting guys to Starkville? We said about other coaches, "He will do great recruiting in fertile grounds of Florida", why can't Mullen. Give him a chance. Can you give a reason why not? I'm so sick of fair weather fans! I do hope you're done with Florida now. We might let you jump back on the bandwagon when we are winning.

He was not even my 7th choice. He's the fall back of the fall back of the fall back.
Just glad that he didn't turn it down because the would have turned to the either alternate in Charlie Strong !

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
To be clear, I'm not thrilled with this hire. But it seems like the complete meltdown includes several who were all about Taggart based on his resume of rebuilding bad or hard-to-win-at programs. In the 6 seasons at Msu prior to Mullen, the bulldogs went 4-8, 8-5, 3-9,3-8, 3-8,2-10)23-. In his first 6 years there, they went 5-7, 9-4, 7-6, 8-5, 7-6, 10-3. Again, this isn't an endorsement of him. But if we're looking for the positives in WT's record, why not apply the same logic with Mullen, especially considering he had to face Saban very year. Lauding one and completely bashing the other makes little sense.

We'll be better under Mullen, a lot better if he can recruit and bring in good DC and ST people.

But he's going to be seen as a retread, and that's not what the fanbase was hoping for. It wanted to feel energized by a fresh face and a whole new outlook.

We'll be okay.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
For F-L-O-R-I-D-A

:facepalm:

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
It sounds like if Mullen gets $7M per year he will be responsible for the buyout. That's why he's doing the negotiating with MSU. If he can hold the class together hopefully he puts the dumpster fire out and builds a culture of winning. Whether or not he's the long-term solution he just may be a good short-term solution. We can't attract elite coaches now. Maybe we will be able to in 4 years.

Himey

Founding Member
Super Important Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ox, any update from your source or are you head first in a mug of beer?

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Not trying to defend Mullen, but over the past nine years, the SEC West was arguably the best division in the best conference, so this stat doesn't carry much weight IMO.
Yes it does. It tells you he's a loser. Your point is he's a loser but that's because he played good teams so as long as we don't play any good teams we'll be fine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.