UF at A&M

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
lagator;n177569 said:
He's the coach isn't he? If we need a play at the end of the game you can pretty much forget it. And tha'ts BS. There is talnet on this team. Walker, Robinson, Frazier. There is a lot more on this team than just Carter and DFS.
Walker and Robinson are awful. Please tell me the strengths of either one? We're lucky to be in these games.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
t-gator;n177581 said:
Walker and Robinson are awful. Please tell me the strengths of either one? We're lucky to be in these games.
Walker was in position to win this game. He can't pass it to himself.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If Donovan can't draw up a last second play how do you explain what he drew up that worked at halftime? Billy Donovan has nothing to do with all those wide ass open shots we missed. We're getting good looks,we're just not knocking them down.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
How many games have we lost this year because we put the other team on the foul line when we had a one point lead? I think 3 if I'm not mistaken. Its just stupid basketball

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Robinson...0 points...no impact at all on the game.
Hill...0-7 from the field and out of control with the ball.
Chioza...1-5...still thinks tall guys aren't that tall.
Walker...no rebounds...getting shoved around on a consistent basis. Pretty dunks only count for 2 points.
No consistent rhythm in the offense.

This team needs leadership on the floor so bad...

Leroy Jenkins

Founding Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
That turnover late by Hill that lead to the two free throws for A&M to go ahead was awful..he's always out of control and even if he doesn't happen to turn it over on a possession he's almost always about to turn it over. Kid is terrible.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Didn't see the game but I heard Walker didn't look too bad for the limited time he played.

Leroy Jenkins

Founding Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n177674 said:
Didn't see the game but I heard Walker didn't look too bad for the limited time he played.

I only watched the last two minutes but I believe he made all 5 of his shots..although went 1-3 from the FT Line and only had one rebound. -_- ...although the rebound was an offensive rebound late in the game that gave us our first and very brief lead.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Leroy Jenkins;n177684 said:
I only watched the last two minutes but I believe he made all 5 of his shots..although went 1-3 from the FT Line and only had one rebound. -_- ...although the rebound was an offensive rebound late in the game that gave us our first and very brief lead.

He got pushed aroung and dominated by their big man the whole time.

Leroy Jenkins

Founding Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n177693 said:

The whole team sucks at defending the paint..I wouldn't put it all on him..bust or not.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n177693 said:

So he is still having that issue of not being able to deal with other bigs. Maybe he can bulk up some more and turn it around next season hopefully.

Leroy Jenkins

Founding Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n177703 said:
So he is still having that issue of not being able to deal with other bigs. Maybe he can bulk up some more and turn it around next season hopefully.

Not counting on it.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Leroy Jenkins;n177699 said:
The whole team sucks at defending the paint..I wouldn't put it all on him..bust or not.

I didn't put it all on him. He's one piece of the puzzle that doesn't fit.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
He won't be here next year...

We have a scholarship dilemma on our hands with the numbers so we need a few to leave (Horford, Walker and one more I think)

PG- Chiozza, Hill
SG- Frazier, Allen, Carter, Francis
SF- Robinson, Stone, Murphy, D Walker
PF- DFS, Hayes
C- Egbunu, Dickerson

Thats 14 right there not even counting Chris Walker, and the max is 13

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
lagator;n177550 said:
Kurtz beat again and again, can;t defend, cant shoot, cant rebound yet Billy keeps him in, especially in second halves.

Dan Werner?

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
T REX;n177752 said:
Dan Werner?
I have been saying the same thing when watching all year. Kurtz's minutes are even more inexplicable because at least Werner lucked into a three or mid-range Jumper once in awhile. I like Kurtz a lot. Great kid, smart guy, hard worker, perfect teammate and practice player but he doesn't have the skill to be getting 20 minutes a game.

And Walker had had a good game. 4 blks and 11 pts in 17 minutes. He also was wide open cutting to the hoop on the final play and for some retarded reason DFS whips it to Murphy for a 3 (which he has made exactly zero of) instead of lobbing it anywhere near the rim for a Walker game winning dunk.

Deathroll

Dec 28, 2014
GatorJay26;n177715 said:
He won't be here next year...

We have a scholarship dilemma on our hands with the numbers so we need a few to leave (Horford, Walker and one more I think)

PG- Chiozza, Hill
SG- Frazier, Allen, Carter, Francis
SF- Robinson, Stone, Murphy, D Walker
PF- DFS, Hayes
C- Egbunu, Dickerson

Thats 14 right there not even counting Chris Walker, and the max is 13

I think this team is much better next year. If we get D Walker back and add Francois that will give us better outside shooting. We will also have a true center in Egbunu and also add the Stanford transfer Rimmer to that mix. That will relieve some of the rebounding burden on DFS and and others. If C Walker retusn I think he plays more at the forward position and from what I hear the Hayes is no slouch.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Deathroll;n177836 said:
I think this team is much better next year. If we get D Walker back and add Francois that will give us better outside shooting. We will also have a true center in Egbunu and also add the Stanford transfer Rimmer to that mix. That will relieve some of the rebounding burden on DFS and and others. If C Walker retusn I think he plays more at the forward position and from what I hear the Hayes is no slouch.

Yup, we will be much better next year. How good will depend on PG play

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator