UF at A&M

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
GatorJay26;n177872 said:
Yup, we will be much better next year. How good will depend on PG play
I think the PG play will be good, our ability to make open shots, threes and FT's will decide how much better we are.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
stephenPE;n178007 said:
I think the PG play will be good, our ability to make open shots, threes and FT's will decide how much better we are.

Who is going to Take Hill's spot?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n178097 said:
Hill is the type of player that needs shooters around him and other scorers around him. One advantage he has over chiozza is that he's capable of finishing at the rim. He also gets alot of assist but he's got to quit committing these critical turnovers.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Billy just needs to have a meltdown Danny Glover style with these guys.

[video=youtube;hrE9apbs0Pk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrE9apbs0Pk[/video]

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n178097 said:

I just don't understand the hate for Hill. If he was that bad he wouldn't be second on the team in average minutes. He averages 4.4 assists to 2 turnovers which is a pretty decent ratio.

Sure it would be great if he was a shooter, but that isn't the biggest problem with this team. If you look at last year's starting lineup we only had 2 3-point threats, and yet they shot 36% as a team from 3-point range. The lineup we started this year against UK - Horford, DFS, Frazier II, Carter and Hill has 4 guys that are a threat to shoot. We also have more shooters coming off the bench this year, and yet we're down to shooting 33% as a team from 3-point range. Why is that? We're taking way too many 3-point shots because we have no post game whatsoever.

One huge sign of trouble is that we have 2 five star recruits averaging fewer minutes than a walk on.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Bernardo de la Paz;n178393 said:
I just don't understand the hate for Hill. If he was that bad he wouldn't be second on the team in average minutes. He averages 4.4 assists to 2 turnovers which is a pretty decent ratio.

Sure it would be great if he was a shooter, but that isn't the biggest problem with this team. If you look at last year's starting lineup we only had 2 3-point threats, and yet they shot 36% as a team from 3-point range. The lineup we started this year against UK - Horford, DFS, Frazier II, Carter and Hill has 4 guys that are a threat to shoot. We also have more shooters coming off the bench this year, and yet we're down to shooting 33% as a team from 3-point range. Why is that? We're taking way too many 3-point shots because we have no post game whatsoever.

One huge sign of trouble is that we have 2 five star recruits averaging fewer minutes than a walk on.

I don't get it either. Please tell me one thing chiozza does better than hill.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJay26;n177715 said:
He won't be here next year...

We have a scholarship dilemma on our hands with the numbers so we need a few to leave (Horford, Walker and one more I think)

PG- Chiozza, Hill
SG- Frazier, Allen, Carter, Francis
SF- Robinson, Stone, Murphy, D Walker
PF- DFS, Hayes
C- Egbunu, Dickerson

Thats 14 right there not even counting Chris Walker, and the max is 13

Yeah, I'm not sure who leaves. C Walker almost certainly leaves. Some NBA team will draft him in the second round based on his athleticism alone.

Some possibilities for the other spot:

DFS could try the draft - I think he's the only guy besides Walker that would have any (small) hope of being picked
D Walker could be having issues recovering from the ACL tear
One of the recruits or Francis might be having issues qualifying

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n178395 said:

Get over your hate for a FRESHMAN. I for one actually think he is going to end up being a really solid player for us, but you gotta give it time

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJay26;n178416 said:
Get over your hate for a FRESHMAN. I for one actually think he is going to end up being a really solid player for us, but you gotta give it time
I don't hate the kid at all. He's got he plays hard and he chose to be a gator. My opinion is him along with other players on our team aren't good enough to to play at this level and I think our record shows that. With him in particular, I don't see very much upside. It's not because I dislike the kid.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n178395 said:

He gets the most steals on the team.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n178424 said:
I don't hate the kid at all. He's got he plays hard and he chose to be a gator. My opinion is him along with other players on our team aren't good enough to to play at this level and I think our record shows that. With him in particular, I don't see very much upside. It's not because I dislike the kid.

Lol i didn't mean that you hated him personally but as a player (skill set).

I still think you are giving up on him too soon, if he is playing/shooting this poorly this time next year i would understand

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJay26;n178431 said:
Lol i didn't mean that you hated him personally but as a player (skill set).

I still think you are giving up on him too soon, if he is playing/shooting this poorly this time next year i would understand
I really hope that's the case

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Despite what some think Hill is our biggest issue imo as he was so highly rated and is in a very important spot. His lack of outside shooting accuracy lets teams have a way easier time defending our other players. What is his FG % - like 35% and 30% on 3s - that will never get it done with how Donovan teams are usually based on jump shooting more so than most teams.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n178437 said:
Despite what some think Hill is our biggest issue imo as he was so highly rated and is in a very important spot. His lack of outside shooting accuracy lets teams have a way easier time defending our other players. What is his FG % - like 35% and 30% on 3s - that will never get it done with how Donovan teams are usually based on jump shooting more so than most teams.
His lack of jump shot does make us easier to defend but it's not the biggest issue we have. There's so many holes in this roster it's hard to pin point the biggest one. I'd have to say a lack of post player. We're getting hurt on both sides of the floor in the paint. We don't have a guy to dump it down to when we're in a scoring drought. Walker and Horford are constantly out of place defensively and Kurtz gives up too much size when he's down there.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
We have a new team with players from all over transferred in. We had multiple injuries all year and now to our only shooter. Very poor shooting and FT shooting. And despite all that we are about 15 pts total from having a damned good year. Chiozza is and will be a damned good player, give him time and a better team chemistry wise to play with.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Bernardo de la Paz;n178393 said:

I know we have other issues but Hill averaging 30% or so on 3s is not getting it done at all. You need some threat out there from your PG to keep the other teams defense a little honest.

I read an article that claimed this is the lowest scoring team we have had since the 1950 season.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n178553 said:
T hates all freshmen.
Not all, just the two we have playing now.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
March Madness has turned into March Sadness

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members