Gator Basketball UF blows another one, this one to Vandy

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Stokes will be an all sec caliber player eventually. His 3rd year should be outstanding. Oakuru is coming on better than expected and Ballard could be amazing if he played under control.

The recruits next year make these look like high school players. We have the best pure PG/passer, the best shooter, and the best athlete that turned into an amazing player this year. That's not in a state those are the best in the country
Agree with you on stokes if he switches back to football. I like okouru. He could be a scottie like on ball defender before its all said and done. I don't think ballard has it mentally . He plays scared and out of control. Hard to coach that out of a player. Kinda like that white boy a few years ago that transferred to a naia school.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'll rely on you guys to inform me. Are we getting any tall guys coming in 2019? I have not heard any mentioned.
A big inside presence is what we most need. Surely, White ain't building to rely heavily on the 3s?

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Mike White likes those run and gun type players. And of course those are the types that don't like to play any D. I believe in Mike White's style of play. He just needs more time. We're too impatient for a constant winner. Ain't gonna happen so fast. Billy D had plenty of NIT years in-between his NCAA runs. Changing coaches isn't the answer for us.

Even if we had Kentucky Fried Calimari as our coach next year, does anyone really think a bunch of one-and-done players would flock to UF? It's ridiculous.

So get over it you fair weather complainers who only want to watch the game if we win. That's pathetic! You should grow a pair. :chomp:

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Mike White likes those run and gun type players. And of course those are the types that don't like to play any D. I believe in Mike White's style of play. He just needs more time. We're too impatient for a constant winner. Ain't gonna happen so fast. Billy D had plenty of NIT years in-between his NCAA runs. Changing coaches isn't the answer for us.

Even if we had Kentucky Fried Calimari as our coach next year, does anyone really think a bunch of one-and-done players would flock to UF? It's ridiculous.

So get over it you fair weather complainers who only want to watch the game if we win. That's pathetic! You should grow a pair. :chomp:

Problem is, we are losing way too many games to teams with inferior talent and a large part of that is coaching.

What is White’s style btw? We decide not to push tempo for large portions of the game, while clearly having no halfcourt offense. What do his teams do well besides shoot the 3 decently?

I’m not firing him this season, but if we are NIT bound this year and then next year he will be gone and for good reason.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

For the record, I believe that Billy only had four in nineteen years. The first two years 1997 and 1998, then 2008 and 2009, after back to back national titles. Starting in 2010, it was back to the tourney every year

I don't disagree with your post, just clarifying the facts.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Paint Play... without it, we're mostly cute and a dice roll. Go Gators!

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016

You do realize that the MSU basketball coach is Ben Howland who has won 697 games and once took UCLA to the final four 3 straight years?

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You do realize that the MSU basketball coach is Ben Howland who has won 697 games and once took UCLA to the final four 3 straight years?

He had a nice run at UCLA and at Pitt before that. Florida knocked UCLA out in 2 of those 3 final fours.
Howland is a good coach.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
IMO, Chase Johnson came in with the ability-potential of being a solid starter. However, I'm thinking his concussion event has caused his lingering "mysterious illness" as some form of vertigo, meaning that sudden movement of his head causes him to lose awareness of his body position. If I'm guessing right, there's a high likelihood that Chase will never be an effective player.
Seems much more likely they are using his "3 month concussion" to get him a medical RS for the year, but who knows.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Seems much more likely they are using his "3 month concussion" to get him a medical RS for the year, but who knows.

Unless the rules have drastically changed, you don't need a long injury. If you have an injury that causes you to miss practice or games, then you can apply for a medical redshirt as long as you have not played more than a certain percentage of your teams games only in the first half of the season.

My guess is he is redshirting. I guess they do not want to announce it in case another big is hurt and they have to pull the redshirt off Chase Johnson later this season.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Quit being an idiot and Mike White ball licker. Bennett takes subpar talent and win 20+ games every year playing to strengths of his team. Yes, we beat him last year soundly with the best shooting of the year, it happens. Do you really think the White is a better coach than Bennett? You'd be in the minority of those who have a clue about basketball I can assure. They play his game and have lost 2 games.............in the ACC, beat Duke at Duke. Did we beat Duke? How about FSU? They'd beat Vandy, USC, Bama and UGa by at least 15 pts. You can keep bringing up that old what happened last year garbage all you want but Bennett would be tons better that White.
Man, this is awkard.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
T's right, I remember many hating the way UVa won games, saying all along & along that they didn't deserve high ranking or respect. #16 seed didn't respect #1 seed.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The internet is cruel with its memory. Makes women blush.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

I really dont want to pile on diehard but there is a reason for an entire season. And the idea is to play well at the end when it REALLY counts.............and die was rright it happens when shots fall.
The 3pt shot ruined college basketball OR made it better for the little guys............
teams used to work hard for easier shots.........now they just try to dunk or layup or kick for the three.
Exciting but not real basketball anymore

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator