Saturday: off
Sunday: report back

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Doesn't instill confidence much, when in the film room watching UGa film, Nussmier keeps calling out: "Oh that's the way that play is supposed to be run?"

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe some time away will do the kids some good. Lord knows, the practices haven’t.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Saw this elsewhere, but this is our football practice schedule this week:

Monday: off
Tuesday: light practice
Wednesday: normal practice
Thursday: off
Friday: off
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Why not?

Is anyone surprised?

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016

Shouldn't it be:

Monday: light practice
Tuesday: special teams
Wednesday: special teams
Thursday: normal practice
Friday: light practice
Sunday: resume game week schedule

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Deserted-in-the-Desert-50c6281fc33f0_hires.jpg

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I've got some news for you guys: this is a typical bye week schedule. Starters rest basically the entire week while the backups get some practice time. That's about it. As a starter in college, I participated in exactly one bye week practice. One.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
I'm sure Meyer and Saban use their byes this way. #winners

Edit: See below response. I now believe there was another reason to schedule the bye this way.

Last edited:

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I've got some news for you guys: this is a typical bye week schedule. Starters rest basically the entire week while the backups get some practice time. That's about it. As a starter in college, I participated in exactly one bye week practice. One.

As bad as we suck they should be out there this week busting their asses. Lord knows they need to improve

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
As bad as we suck they should be out there this week busting their asses. Lord knows they need to improve
No, they shouldn't. A bye week is exactly that, a week away from football. These guys have been at it nonstop since the beginning of August. Like I said, every single team uses their bye week like this.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Is this different than game week?

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016

Yes and it is particularly that we do exactly what everyone else does. No thinking out of the box for UF. That is certainly the thinking we want at UF.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Yes and it is particularly that we do exactly what everyone else does. No thinking out of the box for UF. That is certainly the thinking we want at UF.
Beating the sh*t out of these kids this week will do absolutely, positively NOTHING to change this season. You guys can scoff and b*tch and moan at that all you want, it's the truth.

FlGator19382

Oct 7, 2017
Just out to have fun guys, winning games isn't what it's all about.

After the FSU game last year Butters said this bullsh*t in his post game presser
"That's why you go play the game, you go out there give yourself an opportunity." How the fu*k are you giving yourself an opportunity when you can't even score a damn offensive TD.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Beating the sh*t out of these kids this week will do absolutely, positively NOTHING to change this season. You guys can scoff and b*tch and moan at that all you want, it's the truth.

I definitely do NOT want to run the legs off these guys this week. My suggested schedule of some extra special teams practices in light of recent games does not mean that they need to be either long or contact practices.

I just do not find it a reasonable argument to say the reason to follow this schedule is:

1. that is how we did it when I was a boy (and get off my lawn too.)

2. that is what everyone else does.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
I am no longer angry and disgusted Just found email from friend. 500 extra police are in Gville tonight with national guard expected tomorrow.

Spencer of Charlotteville fame is speaking on campus and my friend wrote the town is expecting 50,000 people, i
m assuming that is 50,000 white supremacists to this ticket event. School buses have been rerouted. People are being cautioned about being in bars and clubs, and out in general.

I believe it was prudent to hopefully get the team out of town for this. Mac and the UAA are trying to protect players and reduce likelihood of getting involved in trouble. I am glad.

I knew the churches had been coordinating on talking to people and cautioning them, and that Gov Scot had declared a state of emergency a couple of days ago in order to get the extra security presence. Didn't know it was gong to be Charlotteville size event. I naively thought he was just giving a talk to whomever showed up from the school or local community, not from all over the country.

School bound by law to allow.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I definitely do NOT want to run the legs off these guys this week. My suggested schedule of some extra special teams practices in light of recent games does not mean that they need to be either long or contact practices.

I just do not find it a reasonable argument to say the reason to follow this schedule is:

1. that is how we did it when I was a boy (and get off my lawn too.)

2. that is what everyone else does.
Considering my senior year of college was 10 years ago, my perspective is pretty damn relevant. This is the week the starters try to rehab any nagging injuries they may have and get their legs back under them. At this point in the season, the rest is the most important thing. The team is thin enough as it is, don't need anyone getting hurt or exacerbating existing injuries for a worthless bye week practice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator