UF football practice schedule during bye week

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
I've got some news for you guys: this is a typical bye week schedule. Starters rest basically the entire week while the backups get some practice time. That's about it. As a starter in college, I participated in exactly one bye week practice. One.

Didn't know that. Whatever the reason, I am glad the players will probably be out of town tomorrow and until Sunday.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I've got some news for you guys: this is a typical bye week schedule. Starters rest basically the entire week while the backups get some practice time. That's about it. As a starter in college, I participated in exactly one bye week practice. One.
Did they call you the wide snapper?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Spencer of Charlotteville fame is speaking on campus and my friend wrote the town is expecting 50,000 people, im assuming that is 50,000 white supremacists to this ticket event.
JFC. REALLY? There won't be 12 white supremacists. I once assisted with advising the police/security for a "National Rally of the KKK" and it was two dozen (basically five or six old gray men and their wives and kids). They all fit on one shortbus with room to spare. We had thousands and thousands of counter protestors.

This will be the same.

Last edited:

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I am no longer angry and disgusted Just found email from friend. 500 extra police are in Gville tonight with national guard expected tomorrow.

Spencer of Charlotteville fame is speaking on campus and my friend wrote the town is expecting 50,000 people, i
m assuming that is 50,000 white supremacists to this ticket event. School buses have been rerouted. People are being cautioned about being in bars and clubs, and out in general.

I believe it was prudent to hopefully get the team out of town for this. Mac and the UAA are trying to protect players and reduce likelihood of getting involved in trouble. I am glad.

I knew the churches had been coordinating on talking to people and cautioning them, and that Gov Scot had declared a state of emergency a couple of days ago in order to get the extra security presence. Didn't know it was gong to be Charlotteville size event. I naively thought he was just giving a talk to whomever showed up from the school or local community, not from all over the country.

School bound by law to allow.

1. According to the academic calendar, UF has classes this week. So the players are not going out of town unless they are skipping classes.

2. Players without practice and more free time than usual are more likely to get in trouble than players with practice to be at.

3. Adults are expected to deal with different ideas without getting in trouble.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Sass has things right on exercise physiology. The latest muscle fiber research shows greater strength-advance when a "customized" rest gap is incorporated in training. It is only during rest that muscle fibers grow the fibrile-coils that add strength and power to the muscle.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I am no longer angry and disgusted Just found email from friend. 500 extra police are in Gville tonight with national guard expected tomorrow.

Spencer of Charlotteville fame is speaking on campus and my friend wrote the town is expecting 50,000 people, i
m assuming that is 50,000 white supremacists to this ticket event. School buses have been rerouted. People are being cautioned about being in bars and clubs, and out in general.

I believe it was prudent to hopefully get the team out of town for this. Mac and the UAA are trying to protect players and reduce likelihood of getting involved in trouble. I am glad.

I knew the churches had been coordinating on talking to people and cautioning them, and that Gov Scot had declared a state of emergency a couple of days ago in order to get the extra security presence. Didn't know it was gong to be Charlotteville size event. I naively thought he was just giving a talk to whomever showed up from the school or local community, not from all over the country.

Take this **** to the political forum where it belongs there is absolutely no reason for this to be brought up here.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
No, they shouldn't. A bye week is exactly that, a week away from football. These guys have been at it nonstop since the beginning of August. Like I said, every single team uses their bye week like this.
I had a coach that busted it all season and only thurs was shorts and shoulders pads *(and we still hit)
Our legs and heads were dead going into the playoffs...........we could run his plays in our sleep and our eyes closed but we needed a break.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Considering my senior year of college was 10 years ago, my perspective is pretty damn relevant. This is the week the starters try to rehab any nagging injuries they may have and get their legs back under them. At this point in the season, the rest is the most important thing. The team is thin enough as it is, don't need anyone getting hurt or exacerbating existing injuries for a worthless bye week practice.

Ok, Mr played football before smarts phones, if that's how you did it then pops, we MUST do it that way now.

Last edited:

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016

Of course he had to go to Gainesville and not Tallahassee. More bad PR for Florida. Hell, teams will probably use this against us in recruiting, wouldn't surprise me.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I don't see why they let Spencer come to Gainesville if they already know his followers will get so violent as to need extra police to control them?? :confused:

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
And look where you are now.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Considering my senior year of college was 10 years ago, my perspective is pretty damn relevant. This is the week the starters try to rehab any nagging injuries they may have and get their legs back under them. At this point in the season, the rest is the most important thing. The team is thin enough as it is, don't need anyone getting hurt or exacerbating existing injuries for a worthless bye week practice.

I respect your experience but I can't help but feel that spending some significant time on special teams is warranted.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
JFC. REALLY? There won't be 12 white supremacists. I once assisted with advising the police/security for a "National Rally of the KKK" and it was two dozen (basically five or six old gray men and their wives and kids). They all fit on one shortbus with room to spare. We had thousands and thousands of counter protestors.

This will be the same.
Exactly. If there are 50,000 people there, it will be 49,993 protesters and 7 white supremacists. Typical overreaction by the left, who has an unhealthy obsession over "white supremacists," "Nazis" and other Gargamels. It seems to me we don't have a racism problem in this country as much as we have a math problem. If seven white supremacist wacko morons out of a country of 300 million bother you, you are a delusional paranoid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.