UF Football team outperforms Message Board

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I enjoyed the entire second half when we were playing defense, much to gr8's disappointment I'm sure. :grin:

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
My yawn was at the arrogance of the original premise. That bc some want better than this staff we can't be allowed to enjoy a win. I enjoyed today's win very much, especially the defense. I'm flattered at your concern tho :heehee:
Nice! My apologies. I take it all back.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Happy and relieved that this season is in the book. I'll need several months to recharge my positive Ions!

Go Gators!

I'll start with a tall cold glass of milk and a box of vanilla wafers!

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Even a pumper deserves a moment to bask on a sunlit rock. The vast majority of this board simply have some time honored litmus tests: big game energy, in-game adjustments that translate into wins or increased competitiveness and recruiting that paves the way for future success. In your heart pumpers, you know these areas to be suspect at this time. The other board contingent are just born sports fan anarchist. We still love them provided they bring only molotov cocktails and no C-4 to our events. Everybody wants the Gators to win, win big and win often. It seems the lion share of the complaints are on the supportive staff capabilities and eating dust on the trial. Mac being the head coach simply gets the hit for the product on all fronts. A few interesting points for me today was Mac actually sounded like a leadership head coach at half time assessing the team, Randy' s more aggressive style of attack was welcomed on D (especially since handicapped with youth, he didn't play the youth card excuse, just went with the Ds philosophy that he apparently wants) and the team when balancing that tight rope early on again, kept composure and enough want to. It was a great way to end the season. Hell, we would be giddy for next year if it wasn't the marginal recruiting positions of need and received notice that a few real deal assistant coaches were joining the staff. I guess the jury is still out on those final outcomes. My hope is we get a few surprise flips/commits and at least 1 assistant change that really stands out. Today's victory feels good and at least sets the table for better conversations during the off season. So, the half empty naysayers and half full pumpers certainly do make ONE Gator glass. Congrats Team!

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Even a pumper deserves a moment to bask on a sunlit rock. The vast majority of this board simply have some time honored litmus tests: big game energy, in-game adjustments that translate into wins or increased competitiveness and recruiting that paves the way for future success. In your heart pumpers, you know these areas to be suspect at this time. The other board contingent are just born sports fan anarchist. We still love them provided they bring only molotov cocktails and no C-4 to our events. Everybody wants the Gators to win, win big and win often. It seems the lion share of the complaints are on the supportive staff capabilities and eating dust on the trial. Mac being the head coach simply gets the hit for the product on all fronts. A few interesting points for me today was Mac actually sounded like a leadership head coach at half time assessing the team, Randy' s more aggressive style of attack was welcomed on D (especially since handicapped with youth, he didn't play the youth card excuse, just went with the Ds philosophy that he apparently wants) and the team when balancing that tight rope early on again, kept composure and enough want to. It was a great way to end the season. Hell, we would almost be giddy for next year if it wasn't the marginal recruiting positions of need and notice that a few real deal assistant coaches were joining the staff. I guess the jury is still out on those final outcomes. My hope is we get a few surprise flips/commits and at least 1 assistant change that really stands out. Today's victory feels good and at least sets the table for better conversations during the off season. So, the half empty naysayers and half full pumpers certainly do make ONE Gator glass. Congrats Team!

Oh shut up!

:bananadance2:

:bananawave:

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Temple is going to enjoy Collins. Shannon deserves a shot as DC after today, prepping with two LB's. Whether Mac has the sense to do that remains to be seen.

Oh, by the way, did you know we have a kicker who kicked a 77 yarder in practice? (Mike Patrick needed a tall glass of STFU between that and all the hamstring-laced sympathy and excuses in the second half)

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You are definitely correct. Haters OWNED and DESTROYED on this day in this unexpected BLOWOUT!! and guess what?? I LOVE it baby!! LOVE when the haters are DESTROYED and have to STFU!! Yes Mac needs to do better or get out but to end the year on a win is what I want as a GATORS fan. Go Gators!!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Where's Law?
Ox really struggles with thise Buckeye losses. Apparently 31-0 puts a neutered bull in an especially bad mood.

[GIPHY="urban meyer pizza"]https://media4.giphy.com/media/mm77lLjbFx1Dy/giphy.gif[/GIPHY]

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You are definitely correct. Haters OWNED and DESTROYED on this day in this unexpected BLOWOUT!! and guess what?? I LOVE it baby!! LOVE when the haters are DESTROYED and have to STFU!! Yes Mac needs to do better or get out but to end the year on a win is what I want as a GATORS fan. Go Gators!!
Youre myfavorite bi-polar ranter.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You get the feeling sometimes that we're more vested in being right than seeing the program get better. If Mac turns out to be the guy to turn this around, we should all be happy. I for one am sick and tired of watching us squeeze Veedub performance out of a Porsche. Time's a wastin'. Let's get this going.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
So from this thread I gather we should be happy with 4 loss seasons, not finishing in the top 25, or getting half as many quality recruits as our rivals and more than half our conference......right....

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
So from this thread I gather we should be happy with 4 loss seasons, not finishing in the top 25, or getting half as many quality recruits as our rivals and more than half our conference......right....
We'll finish ranked this year. We also finished ranked last year.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This was essentially a 10 win season cause the division 2 school game was cancelled. But to win this way with all these injuries especially cause Iowa does all the things good that would have been against our weaknesses?? HUGE WIN!!

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Nice win. Mind unchanged.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

We will finish in the Top 25. We should be happy that our team played with energy and we dominated our opponent who had a highly rated D and beat a top rated Michigan team.

Does this mean we are going to win a NC anytime soon... No. This program has dropped too far and the brand has suffered as a result, but this was a good win and hopefully something Mac and company can build on to improve in recruiting. I don't expect a complete turn around and a Top 5 class, but I'd be very happy if they could shock the board and get us in the Top 10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.