UF hires Houston OC Brian Johnson to be QB coach

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Some of you guys are weird. We hired Dan Mullins. Mullins is going to run Dan Mullins' offense and hire Dan Mullins' coaches. he isn't hiring Steve Spurrier and he isn't running the Fun and Gun or Air Coryell.

This is obviously a great hire for his offense. Seems young, knowledgeable, energetic and personable from what little Ive seen. Johnson knows the playbook. What is not to like?

At least he wasnt a LB coach at FIU/FAU who was willing to change position.

Last edited:

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I'm not saying moving from the gutter (Nuss) to this guy isn't an improvement...but we haven't cleared the curb yet.

Exactly! Dude accepted the job today and has YET to show us any improvement. Fire his ass.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Some of you guys are weird. We hired Dan Mullins. He's going to run Dan Mullins' offense and hard and hire Dan Mullins' coaches. he isn't hiring Steve Spurrier and he isn't running the Fun and Gun or Air Coryell.

This is obviously a great hire for his offense. Seems young and personable from.what little Ive seen.

At least he wasnt a LB coach at FIU/FAU who was willing to change position.
Young, personable, talented, and at the risk of sounding like I'm profiling -- which of course I am -- strategically positioned in terms of the kind of athlete we'll be seeking year in and year out.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Oh well. He doesn't get the Swamp Donkey seal of approval.
george-michael-sad-walk-o.gif

Who does???

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Who does???
You think I'm kidding? If I were the UF hiring authority, I'd hire Law as AD in a NY minute. We'd be in the mix immediately.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You think I'm kidding? If I were the UF hiring authority, I'd hire Law as AD in a NY minute. We'd be in the mix immediately.
:drunk:

Just in case you hadnt notice, asskissing..... errr......being diplomatic us not one of my strengths.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015

You might not be kidding but I really doubt Law is even competent to be AD, he has no relevant education that we know of, and no experience either. He might be great at getting Bull Gators angry. Just my POV.

And a list of say coaches that would get his seal of approval would be interesting, I bet almost none would come here. Like say Kelly, and Frost.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You might not be kidding but I really doubt Law is even competent to be AD, he has no relevant education that we know of, and no experience either. He might be great at getting Bull Gators angry. Just my POV.

My experience is reflected below
:moon3:

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Seems to be a smart move to get as many slots filled before the early signing period. Of course, there is no guarantee of results, but I'd prefer to be a program that appears to be making significant moves and visibly attempting to correct obvious deficiencies. I think it can, at least, create the appearance we want to the kids we're trying to attract. Same goes for the way it looks to the fan base and the media.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
At least we have a QB coach. Can’t recall how long’s it been since we’ve seen one of our QB’s getting coached up on the sidelines?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
So I guess we won’t have him for long then

He was demoted at Utah and had the worst offense at UH in 12 years. He ain't going anywhere. Mullen is sure bringing in a lot of buddies. Where have we seen this before?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
He was demoted at Utah and had the worst offense at UH in 12 years. He ain't going anywhere. Mullen is sure bringing in a lot of buddies. Where have we seen this before?
I think you'd complain if he brought in Belichick. It's a QB coach, for the love of God.

Good hire.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014

Mike Shula says hello.

An OC doesn't do well in his first time at the position? That's never happened before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb