UF hires Houston OC Brian Johnson to be QB coach

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I think you'd complain if he brought in Belichick. It's a QB coach, for the love of God.

Good hire.

Ha! I love Coach White and compliment him all the time. Weird. I like Sully. I like Coach Wise. Not sold on Mullen. No surprise there.

PS I would love Belichik. LOL. I would've loved Frost and even that flake Kelly.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Ha! I love Coach White and compliment him all the time. Weird. I like Sully. I like Coach Wise. Not sold on Mullen. No surprise there.

PS I would love Belichik. LOL. I would've loved Frost and even that flake Kelly.
I was talking about your hate for Mullen. This is an excellent hire for a QB coach.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I was talking about your hate for Mullen. This is an excellent hire for a QB coach.

No hate Ox. A lot of us didn't want him for a ton of reasons. AM I supposed to just forget all those reasons? Did they disappear all of a sudden? And bringing in all those pieces that couldn't beat anybody with a pulse is not reassuring. I was hoping he'd get some new winning blood on his staff.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Well, at least we've got some coaches who can actually run beside players on the practice field.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
UPJ00940.jpg

Merry Xmas, tRex, we love you man :lol3:

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Promoted by Whittingham, demoted by Whittingham. Promoted by Houston. Seems like Mullen is the only one who knows his limit is QB coach. Pretty smart.

I bet Houston was not trying to keep him and who knows... he may well turn out to be a great QBs coach.

Same article says Johnson is one of Mullen's confidants. After Mac brought in his BFF's I am a little gun shy about bringing in all your pals.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
No hate Ox. A lot of us didn't want him for a ton of reasons. AM I supposed to just forget all those reasons? Did they disappear all of a sudden? And bringing in all those pieces that couldn't beat anybody with a pulse is not reassuring. I was hoping he'd get some new winning blood on his staff.
No, I didn't want him. I didn't want the Chimp or Butters either. But he's ours. I'm not going to whine about it for the next 9 months and just look at the worst side of everything. I'll give him a chance just like I did the last two. Unlike the last two, I think Mullen will actually run a real football program. Whether or not we can actually win anything of significance under him remains to be seen. I'd settle for not being embarrassed every Saturday as a start. Baby steps.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
You might not be kidding but I really doubt Law is even competent to be AD, he has no relevant education that we know of, and no experience either. He might be great at getting Bull Gators angry. Just my POV.

And a list of say coaches that would get his seal of approval would be interesting, I bet almost none would come here. Like say Kelly, and Frost.

Lol. Exchange “Fulmer” for “Law” and whatever they call major Vol boosters for Bull Gators. They are living that hell.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
This always makes me wonder because sometimes putting friends in places isn't the best thing for a high end program like UF. I understand that sometimes it helps with terminology and maybe cohesion amongst parts of the staff but NO ONE should be too comfortable just because of their relationship with the boss(coach)...

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
This always makes me wonder because sometimes putting friends in places isn't the best thing for a high end program like UF. I understand that sometimes it helps with terminology and maybe cohesion amongst parts of the staff but NO ONE should be too comfortable just because of their relationship with the boss(coach)...

I think that ultimately depends on the HC. It’s possible to have good relationships on staff for cohesion while understanding that the boss will hold everyone accountable. That clearly didn’t happen with Mac, but we’ll find out if DM can strike the proper balance.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Yeah take a look at the offensive stats for any team that Major Applewhite has run. He was a top choice for Chimp.... let that sink in.

Decent chance that Applewhite was most or all of the problem at Houston.
Yeah take a look at the offensive stats for any team that Major Applewhite has run. He was a top choice for Chimp.... let that sink in.

Decent chance that Applewhite was most or all of the problem at Houston.

Well if that is the case it seems it's fortunate he's only the QB coach...28 ppg? Then someone said its really 22 ppg. This is a wait and see deal then....

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.