UF hires Michigan OC Doug "Nussy" Nussmeier

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Can anyone answer this; why did Nuss leave Alabama for Michigan and why did Alabama not put up much of a fight for him?

I am not trying to start a pissing match, I am just wanting to understand that whole transition.

Ferg asked twice to be heard on this question. Ding-ding-ding. :lol:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
From a Michigan staffer on 247.

His tenure at Michigan was not indicative of his abilities as an offensive coordinator.

Michigan's turnover margin was beyond pitiful (worst in the country if I remember right?), and despite Devin Gardner being a great guy and a good ambassador for the University, his play at quarterback was incredibly poor this season.

Nussmeier actually turned around Michigan's running game to an extent and I thought consistently put them in good positions to score. They were just awful in the red zone due to poor quarterback play and inconsistency on the offensive line.
Lulz. This shyt sound familiar?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well, the offense at Bama sucked, so Saban went out and hired a guy who would air it out. Then their offense improved drastically. And then Meatchicken's offense sucked. Where does the evidence lead you?

I hope that you guys are right and that it won't matter bc Mac will be the real OC. However, it's a real damn long way from the original posts by Mac's agent about bringing fun and gun back to Gainesville.... and Nussmeier, the guy that was too conservative for Saban.
:mac:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
He only has two more games to break the shutout streak, and it ain't happening this week.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
How wrong we were....
We-are-surrounded.jpg

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know what that means, but I gave you a like anyway.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Oh great, it appears that some of you who have been incessantly *****ing for the last 3.5 years or so about the previous coach and his staff, will now be *****ing for the next foreseeable years about THE NEW staff. Yay for the rest of us readers!

:stars:
The DC misses nussmeier already lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.