UF is the biggest threat to OSU for Emory Jones?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Why does everyone keep saying that? When have they proved this? Here is a list of every 3* or below on the team that he has recruited tell me which ones are playing at a high level or playing at all? Because imo if you evaluate talent better then your able to find the diamond in the rough that's a 3*. Most 4* have a lot of scholarships so I took them off the board but here's the list find the diamonds.

Tyler Jordan
Daniel Imatorbhebhe
Camrin Knight
Andrew Ivie
Kylan Johnson
Kalif Jackson
Brandon Sandifer
Jabari Zuniga
Richerd Desir-Jones
Fred Johnson
Nick Buchanan
Luke Ancrum
Keivonnis Davis
Rayshad Jackson
Jeremiah Moon
Brett Heggie
David Reese
Vosean Joseph
Stone Forsythe
Quincy Lenton
Jeawon Taylor
Jachai Polite
Jordan Smith
C. McWilliams
McArthur Burnett
Jawaan Taylor
Joseph Putu
Kyle Trask

Kev, turn on your sarcasm meter bro!! I was agreeing w/ you!

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Kev, turn on your sarcasm meter bro!! I was agreeing w/ you!
I kinda thought you were but wanted to throw it out there just the see if someone could find a few players. That list is pretty sad and puts into perspective how bad the recruiting has been.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Glad you say that. We should be chasing down top talent. There is obviously a point where you don't waste resources, but you still go after what you want or at least show interest.
Absolutely you should be going after the best players. And if you see that the top players are not showing interest then you're doing something wrong and need to make changes as a coach. No reason our top Wr on our board should be outside the top 5 at his position little long 33rd at his position.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Why does everyone keep saying that? When have they proved this? Here is a list of every 3* or below on the team that he has recruited tell me which ones are playing at a high level or playing at all? Because imo if you evaluate talent better then your able to find the diamond in the rough that's a 3*. Most 4* have a lot of scholarships so I took them off the board but here's the list find the diamonds.

Tyler Jordan
Daniel Imatorbhebhe
Camrin Knight
Andrew Ivie
Kylan Johnson
Kalif Jackson - has potential
Brandon Sandifer
Jabari Zuniga
Richerd Desir-Jones
Fred Johnson
Nick Buchanan
Luke Ancrum
Keivonnis Davis
Rayshad Jackson
Jeremiah Moon - don't sleep on this kid either.
Brett Heggie
David Reese
Vosean Joseph

Stone Forsythe - potential
Quincy Lenton
Jeawon Taylor
Jachai Polite
Jordan Smith
C. McWilliams
McArthur Burnett
Jawaan Taylor
Joseph Putu

Kyle Trask- only because Jay will give me a like for it :lol:

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Missed a couple:
J. Taylor (OT) started a lot of games as a true freshman.
V. Joseph - played a lot of LB for a true freshman, including a couple of starts, and was impressive.
And I would argue that T. Jordan (OG) has been a solid contributor with many starts during his fresh/soph years.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
According to other posters....clearly The Donkey Show is angry since he disliked my post :lol:

Of course, if everyone isn't posting about an apocalypse, then Donkey hates everything

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
So out of 28 players you highlighted 10 players which means his track record is 35%. That to me is not very good which means he's not a good evaluator of talent.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So out of 28 players you highlighted 10 players which means his track record is 35%. That to me is not very good which means he's not a good evaluator of talent.
You'd have to add back those ranked higher than 3* as well. I'm just giving you those that could be or are the diamonds in the rough, that you asked for.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Missed a couple:
J. Taylor (OT) started a lot of games as a true freshman.
V. Joseph - played a lot of LB for a true freshman, including a couple of starts, and was impressive.
And I would argue that T. Jordan (OG) has been a solid contributor with many starts during his fresh/soph years.
How many on that list would make the 2 deep on any of the playoff teams last year because if there not good enough to make the 2 deep on those teams were in trouble

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
When your roster is full of 3 stars, someone has to play. Almost none of those guys would play other than STs, on our championship teams.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
When your roster is full of 3 stars, someone has to play. Almost none of those guys would play other than STs, on our championship teams.
Kev asked for diamonds in the rough...it was a simple response to his request. Maybe you should dislike kev's post for even asking :lol2:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Because they "contribute" here at UF somehow that makes them diamonds. LOL.

Did it ever occur that this is all we have a certain positions? LOL.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Because they "contribute" here at UF somehow that makes them diamonds. LOL.

Did it ever occur that this is all we have a certain positions? LOL.
You're right, they all suck...completely terrible, horrible human beings that kill puppies and kick babies

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
You'd have to add back those ranked higher than 3* as well. I'm just giving you those that could be or are the diamonds in the rough, that you asked for.
Most 4* players have scholarships from most teams plus they are supposed to be good players and that don't make you good at evaluating talent. It's not the 1st and 2nd round players in the draft that make you good at scouting it's the 6th and 7th round players that make you a good scout. I'd be curious as to how many 3* players get an offer from Saban who for sure is a proven evaluator.
This kinda where I was getting at. People think he's good at evaluating talent but it's all we have so the ones that play the best you think are really good players but in reality they are average players on really good teams. I don't think he's good at evaluating I think he's taking these players cause the ones better don't want to play for him so he takes what he can

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Most 4* players have scholarships from most teams plus they are supposed to be good players and that don't make you good at evaluating talent. It's not the 1st and 2nd round players in the draft that make you good at scouting it's the 6th and 7th round players that make you a good scout. I'd be curious as to how many 3* players get an offer from Saban who for sure is a proven evaluator.
but credit is do for at least those 4*s that he got to come to the school....no?

Look, you asked for diamonds in the rough, and I highlighted the ones that either are, or could be and just haven't had the playing time yet. Just did what you were asking for.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
How many on that list would make the 2 deep on any of the playoff teams last year because if there not good enough to make the 2 deep on those teams were in trouble
Probably none, but who's to really say? Two of those guys I mentioned were true freshmen (Taylor and Joseph). How many true freshmen are on the two deep roster for the playoff teams? :dunno: I'll let you research that since I don't have the time.
Keep disrespecting our players and I'll keep calling you CaneThing.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You're right, they all suck...completely terrible, horrible human beings that kill puppies and kick babies
Well..... There's a lot of young guys on that list too that might yet become contributers. I'm not quite ready to throw them out because they're not meeting posters expectations by their 1st or 2nd year. We seem to never be willing to give these kids a chance to grow and get better. We think if they're not conrtibuting their freshman year and starting and excelling their sophomore year then they suck. With that logic... we'd never have any upper classman.... Let the kids develop. Some will turn out to be ballers... Some will be 4 year backups... It happens on every team.

BTW, didn't we sign more 4 stars than 3 stars this year? Haven't we gotten a little better in recruiting each year? Didn't we sign a top 10 class last year? I know, I know, we're UF... a top 10 class should just happen because.... WE'RE UF... This "all we sign is 3* players" is fun and all but come on... We signed way more 4* players this year..... "And yet" there's never any mention of that...

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
BTW, didn't we sign more 4 stars than 3 stars this year? Haven't we gotten a little better in recruiting each year? Didn't we sign a top 10 class last year? I know, I know, we're UF... a top 10 class should just happen because.... WE'RE UF... This "all we sign is 3* players" is fun and all but come on... We signed way more 4* players this year..... "And yet" there's never any mention of that...
per Rivals, 15 - 4*, 7 - 3*, and 1 - 2*, and that was good enough for 9th on Rivals, specifically chosen as Donkey's preferred recruiting service.

Pretty good class, but honestly, he'll need to roll that into the next class as well to show some continuity. Any drop will be devastating IMO. While we've filled some holes, we've neglected others, so we certainly have some room for improvement.
We won't be filling those holes by going after the likes of Chase Wolf either.
This is the year that Mac has to break through to the big boys and pull in some real talent. I think he gets a 4th season almost no matter what, but this season will be make or break in dictating what happens in that 4th season.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

You have a point. We don't know how good those 3 star defenders are going to be until we see them this year. They were allowed to play downhill against LSU,FSU and Iowa and got tore up by FSU and LSU yardage wise but did get key turnovers against LSU so we pulled out a win. It did work against Iowa but it won't work over a whole season so we don't really know if they are going to be gems until this season. Even Taylor on offense who I think will turn out to be a top SEC lineman before he leaves got handled on quite a few plays against FSU and Bama. Bama had a true freshman O lineman that consistently handled the NFL D linemen he faced off against despite that true freshman status.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Probably none, but who's to really say? Two of those guys I mentioned were true freshmen (Taylor and Joseph). How many true freshmen are on the two deep roster for the playoff teams? :dunno: I'll let you research that since I don't have the time.
Keep disrespecting our players and I'll keep calling you CaneThing.
I'm not disrespecting the players at all I'm more focusing on the fact that some of the players probably should never have been offered to begin with. Some of the name Urg highlighted are decent players that could contribute but shouldn't be starters at UF but are forced into it because of the lack of recruiting on Mac's part.

Frankly I could care less that you call me a cane fan I know the truth about who I'm a fan of and it's just your way of coming back at me for giving an opinion about our team that you can't handle

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.