UF is the biggest threat to OSU for Emory Jones?

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
but credit is do for at least those 4*s that he got to come to the school....no?

Look, you asked for diamonds in the rough, and I highlighted the ones that either are, or could be and just haven't had the playing time yet. Just did what you were asking for.
I give him credit for the 4* players but that's not the point. My point is how do we know he can evaluate talent when the players who committed to UF who had minimal offers are not seeing the field. You only highlighted 35% of the players I listed and that's not good

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I give him credit for the 4* players but that's not the point. My point is how do we know he can evaluate talent when the players who committed to UF who had minimal offers are not seeing the field. You only highlighted 35% of the players I listed and that's not good
0.350 batting average is pretty good aint it? :grin:

;)

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
About the same as Fooley's head coach hiring average.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Especially when you're swinging at 3*s. What's the typical % of 3*s that pan out? How's Mac's batting average with 3* vs other coaches?
That a good question but I'm not going to research that that's a lot of different coaches

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not disrespecting the players at all I'm more focusing on the fact that some of the players probably should never have been offered to begin with. Some of the name Urg highlighted are decent players that could contribute but shouldn't be starters at UF but are forced into it because of the lack of recruiting on Mac's part.

Frankly I could care less that you call me a cane fan I know the truth about who I'm a fan of and it's just your way of coming back at me for giving an opinion about our team that you can't handle
It is just your 'opinion' so I think I can handle it, CaneThing. :lol:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
0.350 batting average is pretty good aint it? :grin:

;)
No, and .350 is stupid anyway. Half the kids you bolded haven't even played. Kalif Jackson? STFU. He will be a DB or a transfer in weeks. What is he? Sixth string?

Out of the rest, only Reese, Jawaan Taylor, and Tyler Jordan have contributed anything other than a heartbeat at the position. Heggie, I will give you bc it seems like he is going to start. Zuniga and Joseph show promise, I agree.

If I were to guess, none will be All SEC. JT is currently the best. Reese may develop to be the best out of that group. I'm glad Meatchicken didn't want him.

Six out of 28 are ok and we hope they develop? None are game changers but we knew that when we signed them. If that's what floats your boat, welcome to Vandyland. We are going to be here a while.

Last edited:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No, and .350 is stupid anyway. Half the kids you bolded haven't even played. Kalif Jackson? STFU. He will be a DB or a transfer in weeks. What is he? Sixth string?
hence why I put "potential" next to his name

Out of the rest, only Reese, Jawaan Taylor, and Tyler Jordan have contributed anything other than a heartbeat at the position. Heggie, I will give you bc it seems like he is going to start. Zuniga and Joseph show promise, I agree.

If I were to guess, none will be All SEC. JT is currently the best. Reese may develop to be the best out of that group. I'm glad Meatchicken didn't want him.

Six out of 28 are ok and we hope they develop? None are game changers but we knew that when we signed them. If that's what floats your boat, welcome to Vandyland. We are going to be here a while
i guess I'm not viewing "diamonds in the rough" as being 3*s that play like a 5*s. I view them as players who come on and fill a role competently, that would have otherwise not seen the field, and perhaps tend to make plays more than they miss them.
I never said it floats my boat, read the thread man...Kev asked a question, all I did was answer it.
the .350 batting average I'm just jokin around bro :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator