He is back!!!!

We love him again!

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
For the record, I had forgotten that we scored 41 against UK (aided by a blocked punt TD). The one game I was thinking of was UGA, which I knew we had 41 aided by a Spikes pick 6. I think Tebow's concussion affected my memory, as well. :lol:

REGARDLESS. That '09 offense was downright painful to watch considering the talent that was on the roster, and failed to score more than 34 on any SEC defense. One player (Harvin) didn't make THAT big a difference. It was a combination of Addazio's mind-boggling playcalling strategy, Tebow's concussion (which I'm sure we all agree he never fully recovered from until the bowl game break), Harvin not being there, and a total lack of urgency/sense of complacency by most of the roster.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Nonsense. Everything negative about the program can be traced to Mullen's four seasons as OC.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Nonsense. Everything negative about the program can be traced to Mullen's four seasons as OC.
Now you are coming around.

There is no doubt Daz was a downgrade from Mulkinz. There is also no doubt even before that the offense didnt work for long stretches and didnt work at all without a Fullback playing QB.

There are plenty of OCs who if handed Leak, Chad Jackson, Wynn and a handful of other elite talent wouldnt have struggled to score for two years.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
Whatever did or did not happen after DM's departure is not a big-ass deal for this self-beclowning old fool. DM did plenty as OC at UF, and that in and of itself, is adequate to inspire confidence in this corner that he can do it again. Reports of our untimely demise are, IMO, greatly exaggerated.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Now you are coming around.

There is no doubt Daz was a downgrade from Mulkinz. There is also no doubt even before that the offense didnt work for long stretches and didnt work at all without a Fullback playing QB.

There are plenty of OCs who if handed Leak, Chad Jackson, Wynn and a handful of other elite talent wouldnt have struggled to score for two years.
Emery Jones will do just fine in Dan Mullen's offense sans a fullback body. So stop that nonsenical talk right now. Mullen adapted his Florida offense to fit Tebow and it worked. He'll do the same with Jones without a fullback body and be successful. I have not a sliver of a doubt.

Second, football is more than about scoring points. It's fun when you do, but the West Virginias of the world never compete for anything meaningful. We need to stop people and play solid special teams as well. We need to excel not in one phase, but every phase.

The entire offensive narrative has gotten out of hand and, frankly, it's two to three steps beyond where we want to be right now. We want to be changing the mindset in the lockerroom, improving the work ethic in the weight room and on the practice field, and measuring success on a day-to-day, week-to-week basis.

I really don't care if we finish with only the 60th ranked offense year. What I want to come away with is a sense of us being a stronger, mentally tougher and smarter football team with four to six outstanding leaders in the lockerroom.

If that happens, everything else will fall in place, including our perception of the offense.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
You usually try to predict a new coaches potential for success based on their performance as a coordinator because they are a brand new head coach.

Mullen's 9 years as a HC and his team's offensive stats as the man in charge are much more relevant in predicting how he will perform as our head coach.

His record is very mediocre and it's unclear to me how it warranted a 50 million dollar contract. Based on how this recruiting class is going, it seems likely we will be starting over again in about 3-4 years.

Look at it this way. If you hire Miss State's Athletic Director, HC, and all their assistant why wouldn't you expect to get Miss State performance?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You usually try to predict a new coaches potential for success based on their performance as a coordinator because they are a brand new head coach.

Mullen's 9 years as a HC and his team's offensive stats as the man in charge are much more relevant in predicting how he will perform as our head coach.

His record is very mediocre and it's unclear to me how it warranted a 50 million dollar contract. Based on how this recruiting class is going, it seems likely we will be starting over again in about 3-4 years.

Look at it this way. If you hire Miss State's Athletic Director, HC, and all their assistant why wouldn't you expect to get Miss State performance?
I wouldn't for the same reason I wouldn't expect the same result if Steve Kerr were coaching the Cavs.

Recruiting will make or break this regime. We all know it.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
These things are so easy to look up that I don't understand why you guys persist in making yourselves look so bad. In 2009 UF:

1. Against UK, UF scored 41 points with 0 defensive TDs and 1 special teams TD.

https://floridagators.com/boxscore.aspx?id=2856&path=football

2. Against UGa, UF scored 41 points with 1 defensive TDs and 0 special teams TDs.

https://floridagators.com/boxscore.aspx?id=2860&path=football

Now if you want to continue to beclown yourself arguing that extra points and FGs including those after 60 and 67 yard drives are not offensive points, have at it. No one can protect you from yourself.

Additionally several poster have already claimed the 2008 team was often aided by short fields due to the defense.

Not sure what your point is but there was no comparison between 07 -08 and the 09 offenses when playing teams with a defense. It is laughable to even try to compare them due to the 09 team rolling the joke cupcake defenses.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
Emery Jones will do just fine in Dan Mullen's offense sans a fullback body. So stop that nonsenical talk right now. Mullen adapted his Florida offense to fit Tebow and it worked. He'll do the same with Jones without a fullback body and be successful. I have not a sliver of a doubt.

Second, football is more than about scoring points. It's fun when you do, but the West Virginias of the world never compete for anything meaningful. We need to stop people and play solid special teams as well. We need to excel not in one phase, but every phase.

The entire offensive narrative has gotten out of hand and, frankly, it's two to three steps beyond where we want to be right now. We want to be changing the mindset in the lockerroom, improving the work ethic in the weight room and on the practice field, and measuring success on a day-to-day, week-to-week basis.

I really don't care if we finish with only the 60th ranked offense year. What I want to come away with is a sense of us being a stronger, mentally tougher and smarter football team with four to six outstanding leaders in the lockerroom.

If that happens, everything else will fall in place, including our perception of the offense.

Like a voice crying out in the wilderness. Thank you.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We need to stop people and play solid special teams as well. We need to excel not in one phase, but every phase.
Have you checked out Cowbell's STs?

I put some game videos in another thread. Enjoy.

Last edited:

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016

... We want to be changing the mindset in the lockerroom, improving the work ethic in the weight room and on the practice field, and measuring success on a day-to-day, week-to-week basis.

You have aptly described the Muschamp philosophy. How did that work out here?

You can worry about whether or not UF plays good enough defense or special teams once the part of the program that has been broken for a decade starts to turn it around. Until then the biggest problem with UF football is putting a credible offense on the field. This lack hurts the program both on and off the field.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You have aptly described the Muschamp philosophy.

In case you weren't paying attention, it was Urban Meyer's philosophy as well. You have to make believers out of your players first.

You'll probably reply with some inane statistic about teams built on that foundation.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Have you checked out Cowbell's STs?

I put some game videos in another thread. Enjoy.
You've heard what happens when you double a penny every day. I'm not asking for much. Just show me progress each day, each week, each year.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
In case you weren't paying attention, it was Urban Meyer's philosophy as well. You have to make believers out of your players first.

You'll probably reply with some inane statistic about teams built on that foundation.

I guess I want Spurrier's philosophy of not what you claim is the Meyer/Muschamp philosophy. Spurrier's philosophy in case you do not remember is that you first must be able to run the ball and stop the run. You have to put offensive pressure on opponents particularly opponents you are better than.

Players who have success believe. Football is a tough game and if you are not successful as a team it is hard to believe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.