Recruiting UF lands DE transfer from WVU

Ocalaman

Mar 7, 2018
I think Mullen is going to do much better, much quicker, than the Bulldog poster predicts. There is enough talent already on campus and the schedule is not overpowering this year and I think 2018 will be a pretty good, though not great, year - 8-4, 9-3. Just based on excitement, enthusiasm, better S&C and better playcalling. UF was close to being among the consistently elite football programs based on what Spurrier & Meyer did and in spite of the Zook years in between. But the fact is that we are not yet Alabama or Ohio State, although the potential is there to be a perennial Top 10, even Top 5 program, with an off year maybe every 5 or 6. The alumni, fan bases, deep pockets, recruiting base are all there and like Bear Bryant said in the 80's, Florida is a sleeping giant. We woke up and rumbled for a time, but have gone back into hibernation the last 8 years. We were heading for a down year or two when Meyer bailed (maybe that's why he bailed), but there's absolutely no excuse for the state of the football program being as bad as it was when Mullen took over. And there has to be patience to allow him time to fix the mess and get his own system and players in place before calling for another change. And I'm confident he can and will do what he promised. Gotta stay positive, guys and gals.

Cozumel Gator

Living in paradise, streaming all games
Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2016
I think Mullen is going to do much better, much quicker, than the Bulldog poster predicts. There is enough talent already on campus and the schedule is not overpowering this year and I think 2018 will be a pretty good, though not great, year - 8-4, 9-3. Just based on excitement, enthusiasm, better S&C and better playcalling. UF was close to being among the consistently elite football programs based on what Spurrier & Meyer did and in spite of the Zook years in between. But the fact is that we are not yet Alabama or Ohio State, although the potential is there to be a perennial Top 10, even Top 5 program, with an off year maybe every 5 or 6. The alumni, fan bases, deep pockets, recruiting base are all there and like Bear Bryant said in the 80's, Florida is a sleeping giant. We woke up and rumbled for a time, but have gone back into hibernation the last 8 years. We were heading for a down year or two when Meyer bailed (maybe that's why he bailed), but there's absolutely no excuse for the state of the football program being as bad as it was when Mullen took over. And there has to be patience to allow him time to fix the mess and get his own system and players in place before calling for another change. And I'm confident he can and will do what he promised. Gotta stay positive, guys and gals.
Donkey will comment in 1...2....3...

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
This is a Miss St fans take from tigerdroppings on Mullens tenure here

have posted this several times
and here goes one more time:

Mullen did a great job at State, his recruiting was underrated and he improved the program tremendously between 2008 and 2017. I appreciate what he did.
At Florida, he will be successful but it will not be overnight. Judging by some of the UF posters on here, he will be gone before he gets to enjoy the fruits of his work. Why you ask? His offense is very difficult to master and it will take several years of development for it to reach its potential. If the Gator Nation is patient then look out down the road.

Below is my prediction provided UF is patient enough to allow the football program to develop:

2018: 5-7 maybe 6-6 with an outside shot at 7-5. (Struggle mightily)

2019: 6-6 maybe 7-5 (struggle but improving)

2020: 7-5 maybe 8-4 (continued improvement)

2021: 8-4 maybe 9-3 (corner is turned)

2022: 9-3 or better (rolling)

2023 and beyond , a power house and look out SEC and nation.

I learned early on to dismiss Omar's highly f'ed up, BS "opinions" - because he is so obviously a troll. His MO goes something like this; He finds some negative, anti UF crap on line and then presents it as reasoned outside analysis - all the while pretending to be a Gator. But he always reveals himself for the duplicitous skank he is after being fed a little rope by the one of our more astute posters. 5-7 or maybe 6-6? while "struggling mightily?" With this schedule? Really? The phony baloney "prediction" is a hole's dream come true, or a SCUMbag fantasy. If we start well and generally exceed expectations, he'll either disappear altogether or go all squishing and gushy over how such a decrepit program can continue to forestall disaster - with a forecast of impending doom once the "real" world comes knocking. Gator 'til the grave? Not f'ing likely.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016

Below is my prediction provided UF is patient enough to allow the football program to develop:

This is so funny and so Miss State.

1. He at least understands there is no way that Mullen sees a 4th year if he is 21-15 after 3 seasons. Heck if he has a losing record against this schedule the first year he should be fired.

2. The funniest thing is this guy imagines turning the corner at UF is 8-4 maaaybeee 9-3. That means he does not understand what he is talking about.

3. That he thinks 9-3 is "rolling" also shows how little he understands UF level expectations.

Oh well thanks for posting, I needed the comedy.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
I learned early on to dismiss Omar's highly f'ed up, BS "opinions" - because he is so obviously a troll. His MO goes something like this; He finds some negative, anti UF crap on line and then presents it as reasoned outside analysis - all the while pretending to be a Gator. But he always reveals himself for the duplicitous skank he is after being fed a little rope by the one of our more astute posters. 5-7 or maybe 6-6? while "struggling mightily?" With this schedule? Really? The phony baloney "prediction" is a hole's dream come true, or a SCUMbag fantasy. If we start well and generally exceed expectations, he'll either disappear altogether or go all squishing and gushy over how such a decrepit program can continue to forestall disaster - with a forecast of impending doom once the "real" world comes knocking. Gator 'til the grave? Not f'ing likely.
https://www.secrant.com/rant/sec-football/question-about-florida-and-mstate/77583873/page-7/

Enjoy. I'll let you guess who I am in that thread.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

:lol:

Gator4Life

Known as A Member.
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2018
Last 3 years those boys have had an absentee-HC. That's bound to generate defeatist spirit - playing the games just watching for your opposing team to show you why they're better.?? None of that with Mullen. None but a McSlain type non-coach can breed that fail. Mac was/is possibly the only HC toxic in that way - amazing fraud.
He was definitely a full on window licking fish fondler! I think if nothing else the staff seems to be much more on point as far as being present and making sure the players are also. That should show some improvement all around hopefully they can show more than just that! We'll see

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Actually, you've wasted as much of my time as you're going to. You are a ceckless funt. ES&D.
I didnt make you respond to my post. Maybe you should look in the mirror when you call someone a kunt or ES&D. So I disputed your claim and you throw a fit. How cute. Make sure your mommy puts on your chafe-ease. I'd hate for your ass to get anymore chafed than it already is

Last edited:

Gator4Life

Known as A Member.
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2018

Mullen did a great job at State, his recruiting was underrated and he improved the program tremendously between 2008 and 2017. I appreciate what he did.
At Florida, he will be successful but it will not be overnight. Judging by some of the UF posters on here, he will be gone before he gets to enjoy the fruits of his work. Why you ask? His offense is very difficult to master and it will take several years of development for it to reach its potential. If the Gator Nation is patient then look out down the road.

The state of Mississippi that's all that needs to be said

Gator4Life

Known as A Member.
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2018
I unlike a lot of people like DM but I still am a diehard Gators fan ! So if this was the way it went just about ANY real fan would be ready to curb stomp DM by the 2 and definitely by the 3 season of those numbers!!! This isn't Mississippi those numbers aren't going to keep you working or UF for long!

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
He was definitely a full on window licking fish fondler! I think if nothing else the staff seems to be much more on point as far as being present and making sure the players are also. That should show some improvement all around hopefully they can show more than just that! We'll see
You made me blow lemonade out of my nose with "fish fondler." Well done.

Last edited:

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
McInsane is a certified loon.

Fvkk Foley for foisting him and Chump on us.

giphy.gif

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Lol, sounds like somebody wants us to keep him for a long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.