Recruiting UF lands DE transfer from WVU

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Just curious why he missed workouts in Summer B. Hopefully he can help the defense out.

He's not enrolled yet. Probably because he hadn't been admitted (to UF) yet. He's been posting on twitter quit a bit and it seems as if he's already living in Florida (not sure if it's in Gainesville or not).

Edit: his tweet says, "Orlando, FL" so I suppose he's down there until he comes to Gainesville.

I expect this kid to play A LOT, and possibly start.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think this young man will be a Beast!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
A lot of crow to be eaten in this thread.....

We did want him anyway.

I think he brings a lot as a kid who is dedicated to stopping the run and setting the edge. We havent had that since J Bullard.

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
We did want him anyway.

I think he brings a lot as a kid who is dedicated to stopping the run and setting the edge. We have had that since J Bullard.

Agree. I can see this kid getting A LOT of playing time, and possibly start - depending on the offense we're playing. This was a big pick up..... Do you consider him among the 20 or so non-FAU quality players on the roster? :D

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
HE'S IN!!!!

He'll show up the day before practice starts.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@Brett_McMurphy: Former West Virginia DL Adam Shuler enrolled at Florida & is eligible to play this season. Shuler, a graduate transfer, started 10 games last season for WVU

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
What position is he going to play? I would assume that SDE is going to be Polite.
There is no SDE and WDE concept in this D. Both DEs are essentially DT/SDE 5 technique guys. The former WDE is now a true OLB. Maybe they will mess around and w a heavy at one of OLB spots for 1st down vs running teams (all SEC except Atm and Mizzu).

I dont know what to expect with any certainty and havent spent much time learning The Chokeman's defense.

This guy is probably our best first down and run down DE today though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.