Recruiting Welcome 4* Safety CJ Smith

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
#chompchomp

http://florida.247sports.com/Bolt/Breaking-Four-star-Smith-commits-to-Florida--52010991

Safety CJ Smith (West Palm Beach, Fla./Oxbridge Academy) verbally committed to Florida, as first-reported by 247Sports.

Smith chose the Gators over 19 other offers including Michigan, Alabama and Louisville.

"It's close to home," Smith said of Florida. "It's family oriented. And it's great education wise."

Smith visited Florida twice this spring.

Gators running backs coach Ja'Juan Seider recruited Smith for Florida.

"Coach Ja'Juan told me he was coming to Gainesville when he left West Virginia and told me he was coming after me," Smith said. "He recruited me real hard. Props up to coach Ja'Jaun. He did an amazing job."

Smith (6-2, 193) has 10 interceptions in the last two seasons combined including nine as a sophomore.

"I'm going to bring speed and coverage," Smith said. "I'm a hard hitting big safety."

The four-star recruit is ranked as the nation's No. 17 safety and the No. 40 prospect in Florida in the 2018 class by 247SportsComposite.

Smith is the third commit in the 2018 class for Florida.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hopefully this will give us some momentum. I'd like to have at least 10-12 commits by the beginning of the season.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Impossible.

I know this can't happen because many on this very forum said we suck in everything football, which includes recruiting.

:shakehead:

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Good get! Now I'd like us to lock down a couple DT's and OL's by this Summer....

And a blue chip QB would be nice if that's not too much to ask...

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
I like it that he said our program was "family oriented". Also like seeing home staters on our team if they're good players and behave themselves.

We can't let FSU or Miami much less the in-state directional schools out recruit us in the state of Florida if we want to get back to the top.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
This kind of pickup in recruiting really shouldn't surprise anyone. One of the areas we have recruited well in is the defensive backfield. Let's land some top notch instate offensive talent, before we throw a parade.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This kind of pickup in recruiting really shouldn't surprise anyone. One of the areas we have recruited well in is the defensive backfield. Let's land some top notch instate offensive talent, before we throw a parade.

We landed a top in-state player at a position of need and we can't say that it was a good pickup?

:doh:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Good now lets build up the rest of those defensive numbers from the same stock,DB,LB, and DT......Hope we can fill all those spots with some of Florida's finest.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
#fakenews

Omar himself indicates we are losing South Florida. And a 4* to boot.
We are getting CRUSHED in south florida right now! Miami has 7 commits from 4/5* guys we've been after for 2 yrs (from south florida) and they are also favorites to land 2 of the 3 top offensive lineman (from south Florida) many thought we're GATOR locks. It's still a long way until signing day but at the moment things aren't looking good for us. Miami has the #1 class in the country...FSU is at #4 or #6...meanwhile we're sitting at #30. Smh...UF shouldn't be sitting at #30 anytime let alone in a coaches 3rd year after back to back east titles!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.