UF/Michigan: Outcome and score predictions

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
35 -14 Florida. This game will be the Dre Massey/Kadarius Toney show. Both guys will make the most of their touches and score TDs. Scarlett will also have a solid game. Michigan's D will be stingy in the first half, but we will force a few turnovers to dig them into a pretty large hole early on. The Michigan QB will throw one pick and will turn the ball over on a sack fumble caused by Zuniga.

I'm kinda feeling the same way Hever.

31-17 UF. I really feel whoever the QB is Mac is not wanting to let it ride on them. It will be a big dose of Scarlett with some Perine mixed in. UF's OL should have some success against UM's smaller, new starters on the DL. If UF can rush against LSU, then no reason to think that they could not have success and Wolvies. I said in a thread after the suspensions that Cleveland, Massey, Powell, Toney will contribute in big ways. We just need whatever OB starts to just not shyt the bed, a la Del Taco in Arky. I feel this team has a huge chip on its shoulder and that's a good thing. Now they need to play like it.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I keep forgetting, why do we blame LDR for tue defense collapsing at R-kansas? Was LDR supposed to play middle LB or DT that game and coukdnt bc injury?

Im fuzzy on this whole Butters N Nusschump suck bc Del Rio (or Treon) theory. Some gaps in my ability to make anything you pumpers say make even the slightest sense.

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
I'm still of the opinion that UF should win and imo it will come down to Eddy and Townsend. Both teams are probably going to lean conservative on offense which makes kickers a premium in this game. With that said and that's my pumper side talking, I'm moderately concerned the recent suspensions took whatever momentum/confidence we had and we will play more tight now. If we treat this game as a we're just happy to be here and proceed to get boatraced, I will lose a lot of confidence. This game is huge and much rides on it.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm kinda feeling the same way Hever.

31-17 UF. I really feel whoever the QB is Mac is not wanting to let it ride on them. It will be a big dose of Scarlett with some Perine mixed in. UF's OL should have some success against UM's smaller, new starters on the DL. If UF can rush against LSU, then no reason to think that they could not have success and Wolvies. I said in a thread after the suspensions that Cleveland, Massey, Powell, Toney will contribute in big ways. We just need whatever OB starts to just not shyt the bed, a la Del Taco in Arky. I feel this team has a huge chip on its shoulder and that's a good thing. Now they need to play like it.

That D line of theirs has got a couple of guys coming back with experience and a lot of talent. Many seem to think Hurst and Gary will be one of the best duos there in the whole country. I think our O line will improve but against them I just don't see us running it down their throat as their blitzes catch the RB behind the line of scrimmage a lot also. Cook burnt them with his football speed alone for some big plays but our RBs don't have that same open field ability.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I keep forgetting, why do we blame LDR for tue defense collapsing at R-kansas? Was LDR supposed to play middle LB or DT that game and coukdnt bc injury?

Im fuzzy on this whole Butters N Nusschump suck bc Del Rio (or Treon) theory. Some gaps in my ability to make anything you pumpers say make even the slightest sense.

It's hard to look past and see anything other than that INT by Del Noodle on that first pass deep in Arky territory. It was as if it was over from that play on.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It's hard to look past and see anything other than that INT by Del Noodle on that first pass deep in Arky territory. It was as if it was over from that play on.

I thought the same with the Georgia game opening pick 6 also but luckily in that game the defense took over from that point on. We can't expect the defense to be able to do that against most good teams however.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We can't expect the defense to be able to do that against most good teams however.
We cant expect the defense to not to give up 40+ points against good teams?

Ok

Last edited:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

There's the "make Pumpers morons" distortion law at work. So-called & maligned Pumpers stated a legit football observation, i.e. when a QB hurts his shoulder: he should take himself out &/or surely his offensive coaches should spot the problem and solve it with another QB plus with adjusting the O-attack as needed. That is all accused pumpers were saying - not saying "then we would surely have beaten Arky." Their valid CFB observation touched no excuse and did not excuse nor even mention defensive poor play = "Oh Pumpers be wary of parse and pary."

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
There's the "make Pumpers morons" distortion law at work. So-called & maligned Pumpers stated a legit football observation, i.e. when a QB hurts his shoulder: he should take himself out &/or surely his offensive coaches should spot the problem and solve it with another QB plus with adjusting the O-attack as needed. That is all accused pumpers were saying - not saying "then we would surely have beaten Arky." Their valid CFB observation touched no excuse and did not excuse nor even mention defensive poor play = "Oh Pumpers be wary of parse and pary."
Nope. Pumpers keep blaming the Arky game on LDR which is a joke. We lost 41-7 and were never in the game for a second. They could have scored 80 if they wanted (just like Bammer). If we lost 14-7, I could see the argument. And yet it gets repeated here a hundred times a week.

Of course I agree that SURELY Nusschump and Butters should have noticed LDR was hurt, any fool could see that just by the way he was hanging his arm, just that the game was LOST by yet another one of our epic defensive failures not by our (as usual) piss poor offensive management.

Gator by the Sea

Lifetime Member
Mar 9, 2017
It will be a big dose of Scarlett with some Perine mixed in. UF's OL should have some success against UM's smaller, new starters on the DL. If UF can rush against LSU, then no reason to think that they could not have success and Wolvies.

Against LSU, they knew that we were going to run the ball and we were still able to run it right down their throats. IF we can do that against Michigan then I really like our chances. But we haven't shown an ability to do that consistently, so as I posted earlier...I'll believe it when I see it.

Having said that, I hope I'm wrong in my prediction and GO GATORS!

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Against LSU, they knew that we were going to run the ball and we were still able to run it right down their throats. IF we can do that against Michigan then I really like our chances. But we haven't shown an ability to do that consistently, so as I posted earlier...I'll believe it when I see it.

Having said that, I hope I'm wrong in my prediction and GO GATORS!

Not sure I consider 126 yards running it down someone's throats. We won due to key turnovers. They had like 150 more yards than we did.

Gator by the Sea

Lifetime Member
Mar 9, 2017
Not sure I consider 126 yards running it down someone's throats. We won due to key turnovers. They had like 150 more yards than we did.

Yes, good point. I should have clarified that I was referring to the 4th quarter and specifically that late drive in which Scarlett ripped off several big runs and Perrine dragged about half of LSU towards the goal line leading to the go ahead FG.

Bama&GatorFan

Friends in high places
Dec 5, 2015
It will be a sloppy game. The Gators keep it close by making field goals and win it at the end with a late kick. Gators by 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.