UF offers Kentucky QB commit

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wofford was the offensive coordinator for former Alabama quarterback Blake Sims at Gainesville (Ga.) High School. McElwain recruited Sims to Alabama and that’s when his relationship started with Wofford.

“Coach Mac is a phenomenal guy and I’ve known him for a while,” Wofford said. “Blake loves him with a passion. He took care of one of my players I coached in the past and for me, that’s all I can ask from any of the coaches. I think what he’s done in a couple years at Florida is great.

“Early on when I talked to him, he told me about how he would build that program. He’s done everything he said he would do. I know they’re one trigger man away from lighting up the scoreboard and competing with anybody in the nation. It’s only a matter of time.”

This is a promising excerpt from the article. I know that coaches are generally going to speak nicely about each other, but this guy knew Mac before he was a HC, says that Mac told him his plan and he's done exactly that.

The best we can hope for at this point is that Mac had / has a plan to build UF's football program and though the plan is slower to get us to the top than Meyer's, it is designed to deal with different inputs and / or perhaps be more long-lived / sustainable. Wofford seems to agree with our hopes that we're "one trigger man away from lighting up the scoreboard and competing with anybody in the nation."

I hope it's so and that our trigger man is in spring practice this year.

:chomp:

:stars:

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
If there is, this year's QB recruiting wouldn't be related or a result of it, IMO.

Yeah, I agree with that. It does seem as though we are going hard after QB's. Harder than in recent memory anyway.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Danny Wuerffel ran the option in high school.

Yes he did, most of our receivers were quarterbacks on high school. Spurrier spoke publicly on multiple occasions of it, because they were usually the best athletes on their team, and knew what the quarterback expected on routes.

Wuefell 323 pass attempts 5,442 yards and 49 tds over his high school career.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
I wonder if there is concern with our current batch of QB's?..?..

We are trying to kidnap any grad transfer that even shows interest in the program. You can read into that whatever you want.

I hope that doesn't mean they have no hope in the O line...

I understand. Honestly, I do. I just think it's hilarious that any news no matter how innocuous is a cause for concern in the minds of some.

If we offered a QB that must mean our current QBs suck, our offensive line sucks and we have lost all hope of landing anyone we previously offered.

No such thing as good or indifferent news. All bad news, all the time.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
I understand. Honestly, I do. I just think it's hilarious that any news no matter how innocuous is a cause for concern in the minds of some.

If we offered a QB that must mean our current QBs suck, our offensive line sucks and we have lost all hope of landing anyone we previously offered.

No such thing as good or indifferent news. All bad news, all the time.

When our current QB's perform at a respectable clip and/or our offense comes out of the Stone Age to be ranked among at least the top 50 in the nation, then you may be right. Until then you will continue to hear bitching and moaning about it and you no doubt will bitch and moan about the bitching and moaning. Ob La Di Ob La Da...

Last edited:

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Not sure if serious...

In almost 400 pass attempts, Milton has a .471 completion percentage. I'm completely serious. There is nothing that warrants his rivals 4 star rating other than physical ability.

Last edited:

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
In almost 400 pass attempts, Milton has a .471 completion percentage. I'm completely serious. There is nothing that warrants his rivals 4 star rating other than physical ability.

Didn't know that. I follow recruiting, but I don't dig into the details much.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
What's his full stat line?

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What's his full stat line?
You can see it here:
http://www.maxpreps.com/m/career/ge...1-bef0-a0369f3c1b4c&gendersport=boys,football

In all fairness though, Olympia isn't a great team, and it's not necessarily because of him.
Olympia is effectively a rich kids school, loaded in overly entitled spoiled ass rich kids. The "poor" kids still live in $250,000-$300,000 houses.

That said, the district they play in, not very good. The teams they lost to over the last couple of seasons are the only decent/good teams they play.

Looking at some of his film, he appears to have the right attributes. Great size, good speed, appears to think and move quickly, can definitely throw the deep ball.
Olympia is a short trip for me, so maybe I'll try to get to a game or 2 this upcoming season to see if it's him, or poor players around him.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
You can see it here:
http://www.maxpreps.com/m/career/ge...1-bef0-a0369f3c1b4c&gendersport=boys,football

In all fairness though, Olympia isn't a great team, and it's not necessarily because of him.
Olympia is effectively a rich kids school, loaded in overly entitled spoiled ass rich kids. The "poor" kids still live in $250,000-$300,000 houses.

That said, the district they play in, not very good. The teams they lost to over the last couple of seasons are the only decent/good teams they play.

Looking at some of his film, he appears to have the right attributes. Great size, good speed, appears to think and move quickly, can definitely throw the deep ball.
Olympia is a short trip for me, so maybe I'll try to get to a game or 2 this upcoming season to see if it's him, or poor players around him.
Thanks! The low completion percentage doesn't bother me. He threw for some yards and quite a few td's and not a turnover machine. Plus he looks like a freak athlete with a cannon arm.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Not sure if serious...

The word on Milton is he's raw. He gets his 4-star rating due to his size and camp showings....however, as mentioned, he hasn't necessarily done it in actual games. He will very, very likely need a redshirt. Jeff Driskel was in a similar situation out of HS, playing on a mediocre team. Driskel could have certainly used a redshirt year, but was thrown to the wolves as a true freshman.

I like that we're offering other QBs. It's stupid to put all your eggs in one basket. On that note though, Milton is literally the only 4-star (or higher) that we're considered the leader for. He's our "blue chipper" as one article I read discussed. The top HS QBs tend to show their hand early in the recruiting process. That's why it amazes me when Alabama and UGA can land two blue-chipper's in one class. Not many schools doing that anymore. This Kentucky commit could very well get a 4th star and he has the size and HS pedigree to be a good SEC QB.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
The word on Milton is he's raw. He gets his 4-star rating due to his size and camp showings....however, as mentioned, he hasn't necessarily done it in actual games. He will very, very likely need a redshirt. Jeff Driskel was in a similar situation out of HS, playing on a mediocre team. Driskel could have certainly used a redshirt year, but was thrown to the wolves as a true freshman.

I like that we're offering other QBs. It's stupid to put all your eggs in one basket. On that note though, Milton is literally the only 4-star (or higher) that we're considered the leader for. He's our "blue chipper" as one article I read discussed. The top HS QBs tend to show their hand early in the recruiting process. That's why it amazes me when Alabama and UGA can land two blue-chipper's in one class. Not many schools doing that anymore. This Kentucky commit could very well get a 4th star and he has the size and HS pedigree to be a good SEC QB.

Good info, thanks. Lord knows we need a QB, regardless of ranking, who can get it done on the field!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb