UF offers Kentucky QB commit

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Alabama just offered this kid today. He now has 21 offers. Anyone thinks he sticks w/ his Kentucky commit??

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/a...kentucky-alabama-looks-coming-cats-qb-commit/

Watch out, Kentucky: Alabama looks to be coming for Cats QB commit, again

Dual-threat QB Jarren Williams has been committed to Kentucky since June 19, but that’s not stopping other SEC schools from recruiting him. Missouri, Tennessee, LSU and Florida all offered Williams over the past three months, but it’s the most recent offer that will likely worry coach Mark Stoops and Big Blue Nation.

Williams told his Twitter followers that Alabama offered him a scholarship on Tuesday:

C9KXICQWsAAPMcm.jpg:small

Follow
Jarren Williams @Jarren2Williams

Blessed to recieve my 21st offer from the University of Alabama

5:26 PM - 11 Apr 2017

Kentucky certainly hopes this isn’t a Mac Jones scenario all over again. Jones, a pro-style quarterback out of Jacksonville, Fla., originally committed to Kentucky on July 27, 2015. Alabama offered Jones on April 10, 2016, and managed to get him to flip his commitment and pledge to the Crimson Tide on June 7. Jones stuck with that commitment and enrolled early at UA. The Wildcats have also lost out to the Crimson Tide in recent recruiting battles for elite Bluegrass State prospects RB Damien Harris and OL Jedrick Wills.

Williams, a Central Gwinnet (Lawrenceville, Ga.) product measuring 6-foot-2, 206 pounds, is rated the No. 18 dual-threat quarterback and the No. 49 Georgia recruit by the 247Sports Composite.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Read the very first post....

I did when it was first posted. However, I'm pretty sure I can guess what several comments look like after seeing his stats and recruiting rankings.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Could be Spurrier's influence, Spurrier took running high school qbs, turned them into wide receivers.

Let's build a list of quarterbacks who wound up contributing at other positions

Quezzie - WR
Haden - CB
Reed - TE
Roger Sibbald - S

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This kid just de-committed from Kentucky.....

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Danny Wuerffel ran the option in high school.

And I believe he was and is a humble person as well. Wanting to win and being a competitor does not mean you have to be well a jerk. Seems like Tim was humble off the field, on the field well don't cross him.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Is there any rumors on wich school he's liking?

http://florida.247sports.com/Articl...7-62-4E-F8-32-7D-B3170424_143459FloridaGators

Jarren Williams decommits from UK
The 2018 dual-threat quarterback has received an avalanche of offers from top schools of late.
  • 6_5071420.JPG
Jarren Williams, the No. 17 dual-threat quarterback in the class of 2018, has decommitted from Kentucky.

View image on Twitter
C-Mx9KOXsAEo1xQ.jpg

Follow
J D U B @Jarren2Williams

2:59 PM - 24 Apr 2017 · Lawrenceville, GA
  • Williams committed to UK way back on June 19, 2016, but has been garnering plenty of interest from other schools of late. His recent offers include the likes of Alabama, LSU, Florida, Mississippi State, South Carolina, Tennessee and Ole Miss from the SEC, as well as Florida State and Louisville.

Loogis

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
And I believe he was and is a humble person as well. Wanting to win and being a competitor does not mean you have to be well a jerk. Seems like Tim was humble off the field, on the field well don't cross him.

All true. I was pointing out the fact Spurrier made an option QB into a drop back passer. Some here seem to think recruiting dual threat QBs means Coach Mac is revealing what type of offense he wants to run.

Are some worried about creating an offense with a dual threat QB?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator