UF or TAM

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Pick your poison. I was in Boston for the debacle this past weekend. But on the flight back as I pondered my Gator misery, I wondered which would you prefer to be now. TAM or UF. All that offense, but still losing or no offense and still losing. At least TAM is entertaining? I think I'm leaning towards TAM, because at least with the offense, there is some path out of this. After game 1, I'm not sure I see a path out for us with the offensive display we saw....

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
it's a lot easier to hire a decent defensive coordinator that it is to find a way to make a good offense. good or even mediocre offensive coordinators get promoted quickly.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TAM sucks on offense with that backup QB so they are really in trouble now. I would rather lose in a shootout even though its more painful when they score at the end to beat you. They are lucky because they will be firing Sumlin this season.

Last edited:

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
Teams with significant offensive firepower:

A. always have a chance to rally and overcome a deficit late in the game (see UCLA)
B. are far more entertaining, fun, enjoyable to watch, etc. than defensive juggernauts.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'd take offense all day every day over the defense...at least if you have an offense it's exciting and you have HOPE. We couldn't even cross the 50 without help from a penalty...at no time was i even remotely considering the possibility our offense would score a point...that's when I start to make plans for Saturdays that don't revolve around UF football...maybe just have it on in the background

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Does it matter? Neither coach will be at their respective schools by 2019 season ;)

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Well considering cincy was able to score an offensive TD at meeeshegan today, I'd like to see competent offense.

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Sorry, I did not graduate from ATM so, I could care less about their loss or how they lost. I only care that Foley's hire of Mac is making us irrelevant again...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator