UF pilfers FAU to hire Kerry Dixon II as WR coach

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I heard it's been so long since we used WRs the way they're meant to be used, we did away with the position completely.

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n172510 said:
I heard it's been so long since we used WRs the way they're meant to be used, we did away with the position completely.

WRs are the guys that are supposed to catch the ball and score TDs right? I thought they were just supposed to block for the longest time.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If Mac can hire a great DL coach in one day, why can't he get a WR coach on board? If we had a big time receiver in limbo like Cece was, would that have made a difference? Did it make a difference to some of the WR recruits that didn't sign with us that we didn't have a WR coach yet? Maybe he's been waiting patiently for Napier - I guess I'll be happy if we can lure him away from Bama, I'm just getting tired of this thread being stickied to the top. Get it done, Mac!

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
heversle;n172514 said:
WRs are the guys that are supposed to catch the ball and score TDs right? I thought they were just supposed to block for the longest time.

Catch? What the hell is that?

lrtx1

Dec 2, 2014
LagoonGator68;n172359 said:
He's gotta be related or part of the new staff.

It's Coach Mac, paying his CSU buyout 100 bucks at a time. Got to love our coach.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I don't care if Ocho Cinco can coach a lick, he'd almost certainly be a strong recruiting draw. I'm all for it, and I've never liked the guy.

Caloosahatchee

I voted for Law!
Sep 12, 2014
GatorBart;n172516 said:
If Mac can hire a great DL coach in one day, why can't he get a WR coach on board? If we had a big time receiver in limbo like Cece was, would that have made a difference? Did it make a difference to some of the WR recruits that didn't sign with us that we didn't have a WR coach yet? Maybe he's been waiting patiently for Napier - I guess I'll be happy if we can lure him away from Bama, I'm just getting tired of this thread being stickied to the top. Get it done, Mac!

I think this question may be a key in this whole situation. Perhaps what Mac has hinted at is true? He has his coach, the timing just isn't right for whatever reason. At this point we gotta trust the guy considering his short, but very impressive, track record. Hell, he just pulled TEXAS's D-line coach away IN A DAY. I just cannot doubt that he has had something up his sleeve on this WR Coach situation. That's my take anyway....

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Caloosahatchee;n172769 said:
I think this question may be a key in this whole situation. Perhaps what Mac has hinted at is true? He has his coach, the timing just isn't right for whatever reason. At this point we gotta trust the guy considering his short, but very impressive, track record. Hell, he just pulled TEXAS's D-line coach away IN A DAY. I just cannot doubt that he has had something up his sleeve on this WR Coach situation. That's my take anyway....

I wouldn't be at all surprised if that's the case.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n172800 said:
Wonder how many credit hours he has left until he can be hired? Explains the long wait
He is probably still in lower division. :lol:

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n172774 said:
Originally posted by Caloosahatchee View Post

I wouldn't be at all surprised if that's the case.

With what Mac has done is a short time as being our HBC there's no doubt he has a plan and something in place. He even stated back in January that "we'd love it." He has a very realxed and quiet, calm, and confident approach. We will definitely be ok. What he's doing is incredibly better than the last spastic waste case we had.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n173003 said:
Kerwin! Kerwin! Kerwin!

I'd bet Kerwin would be excellent. Nobody would work harder than Kerwin for Gator wins.

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Regarding the hiring of a WR coach:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics