UF players show support for Mac

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
No Gator would say something as stupid as this. We are already 4 years from competing with elite teams and falling toward Vandy/Mizzu status like a rock. And 4 years is if we happen to get an elite recruiter and you know the transition year is always bad but no worse than a normal Butters year.
Agree we are 4 yrs away and have been before Mac.

Not completely sold we are falling. High possibility. We'll see come NSD and the first couple games of season.

Once I'm sold, I'd pull the trigger.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The win over LSU, a game which we were owned throughout, was worse thing that could of happened. It gave Mac cred and the east. The worst best luck ever.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
The win over LSU, a game which we were owned throughout, was worse thing that could of happened. It gave Mac cred and the east. The worst best luck ever.
The 2012 season was the worst best luck ever for an entire season. I swear Muschamp signed a pact with the devil. There were 3-4 games we should have lost. Not could have, SHOULD have.One was to Louisiana–Lafayette.

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Seriously, what else can the team do but show support for Mac. They can't criticize him publicly. Only us internet geniuses can do that.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016

Mac still wins the east even if we would have lost the LSU game, shows how unimpressive it was to win the east. Damn sure ain't helping recruiting like everybody claimed.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
Seriously, what else can the team do but show support for Mac. They can't criticize him publicly. Only us internet geniuses can do that.
The players have to of course, but the geniuses behind the video should know better.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Star ratings aside, how a school does on NSD is a strong indicator of the program's strength and how it is perceived by others. There was a time when UF carried a big stick inside the State of Florida. Not sure that is the case any more. Heck, we have a HBC who has not even been able to fill vacancies on his coaching staff, why does anyone expect him to attract top players to the program? His recruiting techniques may work well in the Mountain West, but not in the SEC. I see a total collapse coming, sooner than later.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Kind of like your significant other has some flaws, but you know better than to talk about them if you want to get laid. So you praise her good things, the players know they are stuck with him and want playing time..

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
During the Spring Game and on the sidelines during the season, I've seen positive-regard exchanges
between Mac and players. From such I can understand the players truly liking this coach. No, I'm not
claiming that makes him an effective HC, but such bondability probably will count for something with
players and recruits. As for recruits, there can be other, more impactful deficits that cause them to turn
elsewhere. Still, likeability is one "carrot" to dangle as a magnetic pull towards your program.

I'd want Mac to keep that likeability and add a lot more talents to his CEO repertoire if he is to linger for
1-2 more years. Players (& Mac) must know their awful W-L record versus ranked teams. From that
they would have to fervently want to flip that W-L record to please & help the coach they like so much.
A whole-team bond to coaches can certainly be the launchpad into the 'skynamics' of respectable wins.
Go Gators in 2017 ... don't listen to us.

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
His recruiting techniques may work well in the Mountain West, but not in the SEC. I see a total collapse coming, sooner than later.
Not sure he was a great recruiter in the Mountain West either. Apparently Mike Bobo is a far better recruiter than Mac was,

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
When players start coming out to show support for a coach he's as good as gone.
This is a good sign!

I don't know where you avatar comes from, but seeing it with this post I must treat it as gravity - unseen, unwritten, but unstopppable nonetheless.

This hopefully gets Mac fired. How can we turn this against him?

I've seen this more than once lately. Perhaps a sig edit is in order?

Nothing to worry about. Been told several times that social media has no influence on recruits.

Threat...consider a sig?

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It's pretty simple for Mac but for some reason it's really hard. I'm glad the team likes him and it appears everyone is staying in line and out of trouble for the most part. If he can hire some recruiting aces and do something with Nuss and the offense he'll have the ability to turn it all around. But I am glad from appearances that he has not lost control of the locker room.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It's pretty simple for Mac but for some reason it's really hard. I'm glad the team likes him and it appears everyone is staying in line and out of trouble for the most part. If he can hire some recruiting aces and do something with Nuss and the offense he'll have the ability to turn it all around. But I am glad from appearances that he has not lost control of the locker room.
this is what I think has been his major task. It's what Chump was hired to do (and made some progress for a short while then lost it). Is he there yet? I don't know.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
A coach deserves at least four years to get all his players implemented/developed for the style he wants.
Thinking like this is what will put is in the cellar. Dude cannot recruit!!!!! That should be apparent to ANYONE paying a smiggin of attention. WE are going to get killed in the next for years because of the last two years of recruiting, if you can't recruit in this conference.....YOU ARE DONE! I cannot understand why some of our fan base continues to ignore this glaring fact!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator