UF QB Situation

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I figured this deserves its own thread with all the info coming out in recent days.

Franks has separated himself from Trask per Mac.

And if that isn't enough...word on street today is that Zaire wants to come to UF and we want him.

Return LDR to the mix in the summer and what do we have?

Discuss.

SC Gator

Sorta Kinda
Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I figured this deserves its own thread with all the info coming out in recent days.

And if that isn't enough...word on street today is that Zaire wants to come to UF and we want him.

Discuss.

bunch of what ifs and hope and nervous fans

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015

Discuss.

If you actually read what Mac said it was nothing. Sure he said separated, but then he reversed himself. This is just talking to keep us happy and perhaps to encourage them.

Sure if we have a scolly and a decent QB wants to come let him. He can be a resource in practice and perhaps in the film room.

What we have is no clear better QB, it seems like SOS had a similar situation some times, I seem to remember him pulling a QB who did not properly run the offense and replace them in real time. I also remember alternating QBs, so he could coach them up between snaps.

Now our current coaches either won't or can't do that. I see NFL QBs working to improve between possessions I rarely see that in our program. Perhaps the rules don't make that easy.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
If you actually read what Mac said it was nothing. Sure he said separated, but then he reversed himself. This is just talking to keep us happy and perhaps to encourage them.

Sure if we have a scolly and a decent QB wants to come let him. He can be a resource in practice and perhaps in the film room.

Zaire is not coming here to be a resource. You don't actually believe that, do you? If Mac is bringing someone in now it is to start not "coach".

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
28f6da7695add28c5282607a649d86c8_i-dont-know-how-to-feel-i-dont-know-what-a-meme-is-meme_452-359.jpeg

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I wonder if the coaches think Allen will be the legit starter in 2018, but needs the redshirt year so they are looking for something in the meantime. But this doesn't say much for their confidence nor will it, in my opinion, do any favors for Franks' or Trask's confidence.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I wonder if the coaches think Allen will be the legit starter in 2018, but needs the redshirt year so they are looking for something in the meantime. But this doesn't say much for their confidence nor will it, in my opinion, do any favors for Franks' or Trask's confidence.

I said the same thing. If Trask was having confidence issues before...geez...the guy is going to be a mess upstairs.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Mac bills himself as the quarterback guru. Ok guru, time to stop meditating and get it done. Heading into 3rd season with this "guru" and things are still as unsettled as they were in Year One. I, for one, wanted to see Trask or Franks get some game experience last year. But nooooooo, got to protect those red shirts and as result, their capabilities are still totally unknown. Heading into another season with a possible starting qb with 0 snaps in SEC play is totally unacceptable and very poor preparation. And, oh please, I have seen enough of LDR to tell me that he is not who we need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.